Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

All about Lexus leather

Old 06-11-04, 09:56 AM
emcsqis300
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks a Million Dan!

Like I said before, I love this forum! I have even told
fellow co-workers about Clublexus eventhough they
don't own Lexus's. They can still obtain plenty of
useful information in the detai dept.

One more thing, where do I purchase the 303 product?
Is it available at the local auto stores?

Thanks again.

Jonathan
The following users liked this post:
Santa01 (09-26-20)
Old 06-11-04, 11:39 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Here ya go...

You can buy it here;

http://www.properautocare.com/303-fg.html

Or do a Google search on it and other retailers will show up. Locally it may be harder to find, but check into boating supply places (they usually sell the 303 rubber/vinyl protectant which is also very high-end). I really haven't seen it at Pep Boys or AutoZone etc. It's good stuff and worth ordering though.
Old 06-12-04, 08:46 AM
emcsqis300
Driver School Candidate

Default THANK YOU DAN

I couldn't wait for UPS Ground, so I decided to visit
a boat dealer after work yesterday. Luckily, they carried
both the 303 Aerospace and the High Tech protectants.
I bought only the high tech fabric protectant since it's
the only one that can be used on suede.
It will definitely be applied on my Alcantara today.
My wife saw the bottle, read the front and back,
and decided to apply it on her LV handbags. I'm sure
it will also do an efficient on those as well. In fact, I think
she's applying the protectant now as I'm typing.

Again, thank you very much for your proactiveness
and guidance.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Jonathan
Old 06-22-04, 07:15 AM
dmd85059
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've just bought the new TurtleWax leather cleaner & conditioner in the yellow sprayer bottle sold at Autozone yesterday and got some very good results. I've tried several brands of leather cleaner and was not satisfied with any of them. I could try scrubbing my butt off and still couldn't get the leather clean. The new Turtlewax leather cleaner & conditioner works really well. I didn't have to scrub hard at all. Just spray it on and use a clean cotton rag to buff it off lightly. You can see the leather is cleaned instantly before your eyes. The good thing is this stuff also has the conditioner and UV protectant "built-in." After cleaning, the leather looked and feel very clean and soft with a nice smell. This new Tutlewax leather cleaner & conditioner in the yellow bottle is much more advance than the green one (2000) I've been using for a long time.

Give it a try. Remember to always do a compatibility test on a small hidden part of your leather.
Danushie (07-31-21)
Old 06-22-04, 09:09 AM
emcsqis300
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank You DMD.

Yesterday, I had bought the Meguiar's Leather Cleaner/Conditioner
at Walmart. I have not tried it yet on my new leather.
Have you tried the Meguiar's yet?
Old 06-22-04, 10:15 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I currently use Meguiar's Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, and it does a decent job in keeping my leather seats feeling new, supple and non-greasy.

You pretty much can't go wrong with any Meguiar's product; it's one of the most respected auto detailing brands around
The following 2 users liked this post by lexusk8:
Danushie (07-31-21), MOB561 (07-20-20)
Old 06-27-04, 08:50 PM
Josey
Driver

Yes, me too. I bought the Meguiar rich leather cleaner and conditioner and today I tried it, and , besides being a little heavy to rub off the seems, works great and cleans the leather leaving the seats soft, without grease; much better that I expected. You can`t go wrong with Meguiar`s products; they are superb.
MOB561 (07-20-20)
Old 06-27-04, 09:00 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought Zymol's Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner. I'll try it out next weekend.

Any comments on Zymol's leather care products?

Now, how often do you guys condition your leather? Do you have to use a cleaner before each time you condition it?
Old 06-27-04, 09:14 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

For mine, it's a cleaner and conditioner all in one bottle, so I apply it to my seats in one session (wipe on and wipe off). I leather clean/condition my seats once every 2 weeks (more often in the summer). If you bought separate bottles of cleaner and conditioner, do the cleaner first, and then the conditioner.
Old 06-28-04, 06:05 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

If you guys get the opportunity, I would recommend using Zaino's leather products. Z-10 "leather in a bottle" smells of natural leather and doesn't leave a shiny finish as many leather products do. It doesn't leave any powdery residue, either. Z-9 leather cleaner is a jewel of a product, as well. It leaves the leather feeling oh so clean, and smells great as well. I've used Meguiar's leather products as well. It seems to work just fine, but I've settled on Zaino, as they have yet to let me down. . . Whatever gets ya goin. . .
Old 06-29-04, 12:15 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

man. this clear coat thing makes me confused now. i personally didn't great results from the Meguiars cleaner/conditioner. i was about to buy the Connolly Hide Food b/c ppl on this forum have said good things about it. now after reading this i'm having 2nd thoughts. i've read good things about 303 when i was checking the Maxima forums. i think i'll just go w/ that this time instead then.
Old 07-02-04, 08:10 AM
allisonb1013
Driver

many of you may cringe at this, but...

i have a boston terrier that has full run of my gx470, and i've been on the look-out for a leather cleaner that could clean up after his little paw prints all over my ivory leather. we just recently got the mother's leather cleaner spray and the mother's leather conditioner. hands down, the best we've tried! i would recommend it for anyone dealing with difficult cleaning jobs. the combined cleaner/conditioners just don't cut it.
Old 07-09-04, 02:40 PM
sgriffith
Driver School Candidate

Default Give Autoglym a shot

I purchased some Autoglym cleaner & conditioner from lexuscarcare.com and really do like it. Easy to use & really seems to condition the leather. It also doesn't leave it with a greasy film. I probably won't buy the cleaner again as I like the woolite/water just as much, but the conditioner is really good. I usually just apply it with my fingers....wasts a lot less of the product.
Old 08-19-04, 07:22 PM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Hi all CL members!!

I have a silly question regarding leathers.
I recently purchased a 04 IS SportCross with a Black interior. Since I like the look of new leather (satiny and flat) How can I keep it from getting all shiny and glossy after a few years of use?

Maybe I should wear gloves when I drive??

Thanks all in advance!!
Old 08-28-04, 11:45 AM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by TRD-bB
Hi all CL members!!

I have a silly question regarding leathers.
I recently purchased a 04 IS SportCross with a Black interior. Since I like the look of new leather (satiny and flat) How can I keep it from getting all shiny and glossy after a few years of use?

Maybe I should wear gloves when I drive??

Thanks all in advance!!
If you use the Leatherique 2-step system, you condition first with Rejuvinator Oil (which is supposed to bring dirt to the surface) and then follow up with the Pristine Clean (which removes the dirt and excess conditioner), leaving a very nice matte finish.

Alternately, if using store bought products, you could do your normal clean/condition cycle, and then buff the seats down with some Zymol leather cleaner (which is basically a very mild glycerin soap) to return the seats to a more matte look. I've used this process when I've not had Leatherique handy.

Last edited by squarehat; 08-28-04 at 11:45 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All about Lexus leather