Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

All about Lexus leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-10, 08:59 AM
MoeMistry
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chippern73
Thanks Blanco. I'll try out Leatherique® and if necessary do two or three treatments.

Then once I get it back to where I feel it should be, I'll keep the leather treated. What do you suggest as a monthly treatment? I heard that Hide Care (use to be called Hide Food) is a good product.

chip
You could use the Leatherique Prestine Clean to maintain the hide after the leatherqiue process. The key is hydration, which PC does.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...que/Categories
Old 03-28-10, 03:10 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how many applications of the pristine clean can you expect out of a regular sized 5 seater car?

ie the IS250/350.
Old 05-09-10, 03:03 PM
knichols
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a detailer several months ago and he apparently used some type of solvent on the SC430 back seat. I now have a sticky, gooey cream colored mess of in that seat. Sugestions?
Old 05-09-10, 03:21 PM
knichols
Driver School Candidate

Something has turned the cream colored leather on the back seat of my SC430 to a sticky, gooey mush. The leather itself appears to be dissolving!!! What do you suggest at this point? It looks like someone tried to use a solvent on this seat or had some spillage they didn't tell me about when cleaning my car.
Old 05-11-10, 11:36 AM
esblk
Driver School Candidate

wow! I can only imagine how upset you must be.
Old 05-11-10, 11:38 AM
esblk
Driver School Candidate

My little girl got ink pen marks on the door leather. I tried a leather cleaner with no luck. I have the tan interior. How do I get this off?
Old 05-11-10, 01:23 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by esblk
My little girl got ink pen marks on the door leather. I tried a leather cleaner with no luck. I have the tan interior. How do I get this off?
Leather Master Ink Lifter works every time.
Old 05-13-10, 10:19 AM
hlu1
Rookie

Hello,

I recently got the Leatherique Leather Restoration Product. My 2002 IS300 seats are all leather with the little holes in the middle. My seats starting to become very brittle and hard and has cracks on the sides.

I would like to know if anyone ever used this product and is it safe to apply it on the middle of the seats? Would it damage the seat warmers?

I have read alot of forums about this product but I haven't seen any pics or inputs about the is300 seats. Hopefully someoone could help.

Thanks
hlu1
Old 05-13-10, 01:43 PM
esblk
Driver School Candidate

where do i get this leather ink lifter?
Old 05-13-10, 01:49 PM
esblk
Driver School Candidate

After doing a search I found several owners just using rubbing alcohol to remove scuffs and marks. I considered it when it happened but wanted to do some research before I did it.
Old 05-27-10, 01:57 PM
TomWoodLex
Driver School Candidate

Default Here's what we carry.

I'm over at Tom Wood Lexus in Indianapolis and here is the stuff we carry. It's very safe on the leather.Leather Only - It cleans, conditions and protects in one easy step. No messy oil or soap build up to harm your leather. Place a quarter size amount on a white cloth, Rub til it disappears. That's it.

http://www.leatheronlyproducts.com/
The following users liked this post:
mkmckinley (03-16-20)
Old 06-04-10, 08:05 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

I read this whole thread the other day before saying the heck with it and moved forward with what I've done with so many other cars over the years. I wiped all of my seats down with a damp bath towel, dryed them with another towel, used the Lexol cleaner by the instructions, then used the Lexol ph Conditioner, by the instrutions. I used the conditioner a couple of more times over the course of the afternoon. After this I shut the doors and let the car sit in the garage for 5 days. Opened it up today and the Lexol seems to have soaked in entirely. No greasy residue, like I was expecting actually, nothing, just soft clean leather.

For reference my car is a black leather 1999 GS400.

I guess my main holdup on just throwing leather cleaner and/or conditioner at this was that i didn't want to damage anything, and after reading all of the posts the general consensus was that if you have semi-aniline leather all you need to do is clean it because conditioner won't make it to the hide anyway. The reason I went ahead and used plenty of conditioner was to see if I let it sit for days if it would soak up, evaporate, or what. I think some people believe that the conditioner would soak in through the stiching, so maybe that worked, I don't know. All I can say is that everything turned out very well and nothing is greasy, oily, or sticky. I was expecting to have to at least wipe the seats with a dry towel today before getting in it and it wasn't even nec.

I'm pleased with the results and this will be the way I clean and condition the leather in this car from now on.
Old 06-29-10, 08:08 AM
jdmsfl305
Driver

when i bought my girls sc300 it had tan interior and the seats were 8 out of 10 no cracks just really dirty i bought a $50 dollar steam cleaner at my local electronics store and instead of filling it with water i filled it with half water and half windex and now the seats look mint the steam cleaner works not only on seats but on door panels arm rest and other interior parts. i spent well over $50 dollars on cleaning supply every other month that work ok but the steam cleaner was the best $50 spent i didnt take before and afters but if you buy it just put the brush attachment on the head of the steamer and brush the hell out of the seats till they look new
Old 07-25-10, 09:21 PM
rikkus256
Rookie

I had my 07 ES for over 3 years. Never used any leather products until recently, which I started using Lexol and Zaino. As a result, a couple spot on the seats hardened/cracked/dried out. I am afraid these third party products might be harmful to the leather since they were not designed specifically to Lexus leather? or maybe I am not suppose apply Zaino before Lexol completely wear off?

I guess I am going to try Lexus brand conditioner since it is are made by GST AutoLeathers, the manufacturer of Lexus leather.

Last edited by rikkus256; 07-25-10 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-10-10, 11:34 AM
jefbobeach
Driver School Candidate

Hi Dan, and everyone, I just joined the forum today and it's great to be here. I recently purchased a 2008 GX470 with just 20k miles. I love the vehicle! I see a lot of talk about Woolite for general leather cleaning, is that the best product to use? I also have a full bottle of "Lexol" leather conditioner left over from my 4Runner days. Does anyone have an opinion on it? Is there something easier / better for leather? Or do I switch to the Woolite? Thanks all.

Jeff

Quick Reply: All about Lexus leather