Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

All about Lexus leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-09, 10:03 AM
cduluk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lexus cleaner and conditioner is very mild and wont hurt the leather.

It's not the best cleaner and conditioner to say the least, but it wont harm anything...
Old 03-21-09, 03:13 PM
DangWhat
Driver

This may sound like a dumb question but what kind of woolite are you guys using? I went to the store and saw more then 1 kind lol
Old 03-21-09, 03:43 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

http://www.fabriclink.com/presentati...abricwash.html
Old 04-15-09, 06:16 PM
Goolie
Driver School Candidate

jfelbab. I don't understand the woolite deal on leather.how do you mix it etc . I am trying to find something that dose not leave a bad smell in the cars. A lot of people have allergies or just don't like to smell cleaner. help is needed. Thanks
Old 04-15-09, 06:26 PM
jfelbab

You mix 1 part Woolite with 6-10 parts of lukewarm water depending on how strong a cleaner you want. Squirt some of the solution into a foam applicator pad and squeeze it a few times to work up some foam and apply to the leather. Rub vigorously to work up foam and then wipe off with a damp MF. Wipe again with another clean damp MF to remove all traces of the Woolite solution then buff dry with a third MF. I usually let the leather dry for 30 min. to an hour then apply a protectant like Leather Masters Protection Cream. When you finish there will be no odor.
Old 06-10-09, 04:20 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also a fan of Leatherique Pristine Clean and Rejuvenator Oil and I've been using for nearly 10 years in various cars. However, with the clearcoat on Lexus leather I'm not really sure there's much benefit to the oil other than around the stitching.
Old 07-25-09, 08:26 AM
Akachan LS
Driver

Default Using Lexus Leather Conditioner

Has anyone had successful results using Lexus Leather Conditioner on the peforated leather with ventillated seats? My concern is that the pasty solution may clog the holes in the leather when it is applied, making it look tacky. Is there any way to avoid this problem?
Old 07-25-09, 09:03 AM
bnet504
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Akachan LS
Has anyone had successful results using Lexus Leather Conditioner on the peforated leather with ventillated seats? My concern is that the pasty solution may clog the holes in the leather when it is applied, making it look tacky. Is there any way to avoid this problem?
I've never had this problem using the Lexus cleaner or conditioner on the ventilated seats. Just follow the directions and you should be fine.
Old 07-29-09, 08:54 PM
mocheen
Rookie

I just used the Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol Leather conditioner (purchased at Lexus) on my seats. The leather feels a little dry after the cleaning. It almost feels like it needs more conditioner. I am not sure if it is my imagination or not though. anyone else out there experience this?
Old 07-30-09, 06:22 AM
jfelbab

Leather should feel dry, soft and silky after proper cleaning and protecting. Too many products leave an oily, grabby or slippery feel and these are the products that make your seats attract and hold on to dirt.
Old 08-29-09, 10:11 AM
vleong1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is paint on my leather seats (no idea what type of paint nor did I notice it when I bought the car since I was always in the drivers seat)...

Any suggestions on how to remove it without damaging the vinyl coating?

Old 08-29-09, 04:53 PM
AEMxRACER
Driver School Candidate

Any suggestions fo going about restoring the leather?

I have the 93 SC and the material is worn down in places....I saw this leather detail kit on some website for like 150$ that they use at some shop apparently, and the before and after pictures were like night and day.... what specific products would be good for cleaning and conditioning the leather and then shining and preserving it?
Old 09-06-09, 09:54 AM
lilybelle
Driver School Candidate

have any of you been "sold" the leather/interior warranty for around $1000?
is it worth it?
thanks so much,
Lilybelle
Old 09-06-09, 10:52 AM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by lilybelle
have any of you been "sold" the leather/interior warranty for around $1000?
is it worth it?
thanks so much,
Lilybelle
And I thought the dealer paint protection programs were a scam at $500. There is no end to what they will do to try to separate a person from their money.

Take a look at the products here. http://www.leatherworldtech.com/
IMO, Leather Masters makes the best products available for leather.

If you clean your leather regularly, and protect it a few times a year, it will last for decades.

•For cleaning, try the LM Strong Leather Cleaner.

•If your leather is worn then try the LM Vital Conditioner.

•For protection apply a couple even coats of LM Protection Cream two to three times a year.

Dirt is the most harmful thing for automotive leather. Dirt is what abrades the leather's urethane coating. Once the coating is gone, you cannot bring it back with any magic conditioner. If your saw what the leather looked like prior to it's top coat being applied, you would be inclined to buy cloth interiors. The color coating applied hides blemishes and adds a uniform grain. This is not the natural leather's grain you see in your automotive leather, it is an applied coating comprised of urethane.
Old 10-13-09, 08:33 AM
nisenku
Driver School Candidate

I have an issue where my brown leather belt left a brown color on the "ivory" leather of my IS250. Any suggestions on how to pull this "color" rub off and how to prevent in the future. I have seen some post about 303? Would that help? Thanks!

Quick Reply: All about Lexus leather