Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

New Member - LS600hl and Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-14, 08:36 AM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Member - LS600hl and Build Thread

Hey guys, I'm new to club lexus here - My dad has a LS600hL so after driving it and seeing it since it first came out in 2008, i was hooked. I've always been into cars, my last car was an e46 M3 with a full CSL kit (was just sold a couple of days ago). I currently have a 2005 Dodge Viper for the weekend and the new LS600hl as a daily. I plan on doing mods to this car starting with the 22" Vossen vvs082 that I just picked up for a steal! Next is the data -system to lower the ride a bit. I wont drop it too much because it is a daily and i need it to be daily-able.

here are some pics! of my old rides and the new =) I haven't really taken any pics of the LS600hl professionally yet. Too lazy to whip out my camera, i will once i get the wheels installed. STAY TUNED FOR THE BUILD, and super high quality pics! thanks for looking! (my ls is on the left with the stock 19's, my dad has the upgraded chrome 5 spoke 19s). Goes with any other forum i'm apart of - I do all the work on my cars MYSELF and usually write DIYs if i can. Hopefully I can contribute something to the forum later as i build the car.

***********************THE BUILD STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********************

STOCK! 100%

I'll start with the DATA SYSTEM INSTALLATION: all u need is a screw driver and a 10mm socket
DISCONNECT THE BATTERY IN THE TRUNK FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start by taking this off - Just pry it out with ur hands or a flat head

There are tabs under push it towards the engine and pull down - use your finger

The tab is right where my index finger is

Two right, one middle, two right side. pull them off

USe 10 mm socket and remove this bolt and two on the left side (1 is hidden) keep looking

Pry this off to get to hidden bolt

hidden bolt - remove

Dont disconnect the air bag wire

Pry that off i used my hands.

Remove these 3 bolts and the two under with a screw driver

One here underside and another on the left

It's OFF!

I fed this through the hole behind the glove box

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONTINUATION OF THE BUILD CLICK HERE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JoniNguyen; 02-21-14 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-04-14, 09:28 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Looking forward to another 600hL member's build....just one mention, I've talked extensively about ensuring you make sure your tires for your staggered setup are the absolute correct sizes to make sure overall diameter is the same to keep the AWD system happy! And OEM lugs would of never worked because they are flat seat washer style. Vossens require acorn lugs
Old 02-04-14, 09:42 AM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Looking forward to another 600hL member's build....just one mention, I've talked extensively about ensuring you make sure your tires for your staggered setup are the absolute correct sizes to make sure overall diameter is the same to keep the AWD system happy! And OEM lugs would of never worked because they are flat seat washer style. Vossens require acorn lugs
Thanks for the help. Yep I've been following your thread and the wheel thread. I've done a lot of research and the acorn lugs are on the way. Hoping to install this weekend - I dont know how it'll look because it's still on stock height, may look weird with 22s. The front tire are in spec, the rear is a little tall at 295/30 but it should be fine at stock height, may go 20-25 after a drop.
Old 02-04-14, 12:48 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Very nice 600. Mind if I ask what it cost you? What year? Most miles I have seen on a 600.
Old 02-04-14, 04:30 PM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Very nice 600. Mind if I ask what it cost you? What year? Most miles I have seen on a 600.
Got it for 29k couple of months ago. Test drove it and it was almost new, paint was almost flawless considering the mileage. The previous owner has kept up with the maintenance history and everything. Mileage is not a problem to me since i'm gonna mod it anyways haha, and i put on about 4-500 miles weekly

Last edited by JoniNguyen; 02-04-14 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-04-14, 05:06 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Welcome to CL!
Old 02-04-14, 06:31 PM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tee
Welcome to CL!
Thanks!

And pics updated.
Old 02-04-14, 06:38 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by JoniNguyen

Thanks for the help. Yep I've been following your thread and the wheel thread. I've done a lot of research and the acorn lugs are on the way. Hoping to install this weekend - I dont know how it'll look because it's still on stock height, may look weird with 22s. The front tire are in spec, the rear is a little tall at 295/30 but it should be fine at stock height, may go 20-25 after a drop.
If you are not running 255/30 front and 305/25 or 295/25 rear, you are exceeding the 1-2% overall diameter threshold for the AWD systems quite a bit with 295/30 rears. Nobody on here is running that 295/30 size on their LS, especially an awd like ours. Except maybe 305busa but he has rwd so it is not as crucial for him then it is for us. Matching front and rear overall height with with different size tires leaves very little wiggle room and you don't have much options. If you have transmission issues, you better put your stocks on before showing up at dealer. The other 600 guys are running either my combo or 255/30/22 - 265/30/22 all around for non staggered with no problem. There is absolutely no way I would run a 295/30 on my 600. Plus it doesn't matter if you are stock height or not. The front and rear tires still spin the same and they must be close in # rotations per mile.

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-04-14 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-04-14, 07:39 PM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

If you are not running 255/30 front and 305/25 or 295/25 rear, you are exceeding the 1-2% overall diameter threshold for the AWD systems quite a bit with 295/30 rears. Nobody on here is running that 295/30 size on their LS, especially an awd like ours. Except maybe 305busa but he has rwd so it is not as crucial for him then it is for us. Matching front and rear overall height with with different size tires leaves very little wiggle room and you don't have much options. If you have transmission issues, you better put your stocks on before showing up at dealer. The other 600 guys are running either my combo or 255/30/22 - 265/30/22 all around for non staggered with no problem. There is absolutely no way I would run a 295/30 on my 600. Plus it doesn't matter if you are stock height or not. The front and rear tires still spin the same and they must be close in # rotations per mile.
hmm good point, i forgot that the 600 was a 4x4. the wheels came with 265/30 and 295/30 from the guy i bought it from. I've always ran with rwd cars and never had a problem, but yea with a awd rotations matter. maybe i shud get a new set of rears or go 245/30 and 295/25

Last edited by JoniNguyen; 02-04-14 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-05-14, 07:15 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice line up you got in the driveway. Look forward to seeing the build.
Old 02-05-14, 09:42 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!! Glad to see another 600, just curious @170K did the previous owner state that the car has had any major repairs over the course of ownership like hybird battery replacement,starter, rack and pinion replacement or any electronic items in the car, etc....
Old 02-05-14, 12:03 PM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RodT
Welcome to the Club!!!! Glad to see another 600, just curious @170K did the previous owner state that the car has had any major repairs over the course of ownership like hybird battery replacement,starter, rack and pinion replacement or any electronic items in the car, etc....
Nope, it was driven on the highway 99% of the time. pretty much everything is oem. I think the battery was replaced but that's about it. I can't believe how smooth the car is after 170k and comparing with my dad's 30k. The engine is a little bit louder when it's on, but not much of a difference. It's still on the factory air suspension
Old 02-05-14, 12:17 PM
CJITTY

hmm good point, i forgot that the 600 was a 4x4. the wheels came with 265/30 and 295/30 from the guy i bought it from. I've always ran with rwd cars and never had a problem, but yea with a awd rotations matter. maybe i shud get a new set of rears or go 245/30 and 295/25
If you look at my various threads on this topic, i have already done all the homework already. you should stick to 255/30 front and 305/25 rear. Load ratings are 101 on rear and front is just a little off at 95 but overall diameter is near perfect. 245 is way too low for our heavy 600 which is 700lbs heavier than a 460. Or 265/30 all around if not staggered. My tire setup was less than $500 shipped for all four. Vittore wheel and tire has them online with free shipping. Delinte D7 Thunder tires. Running them now and love them
Old 02-05-14, 12:21 PM
JoniNguyen
Driver School Candidate

If you look at my various threads on this topic, i have already done all the homework already. you should stick to 255/30 front and 305/25 rear. Load ratings are 101 on rear and front is just a little off at 95 but overall diameter is near perfect. 245 is way too low for our heavy 600 which is 700lbs heavier than a 460. Or 265/30 all around if not staggered. My tire setup was less than $500 shipped for all four. Vittore wheel and tire has them online with free shipping. Delinte D7 Thunder tires. Running them now and love them
Yea i was reading that earlier today, I will put in an order for them before i screw up my center diff. I dont feel a difference driving it with the current setup, but i bet it's tearing up inside haha especially since i drive mostly highways. Thanks man.
Old 02-05-14, 12:34 PM
CJITTY

Yea i was reading that earlier today, I will put in an order for them before i screw up my center diff. I dont feel a difference driving it with the current setup, but i bet it's tearing up inside haha especially since i drive mostly highways. Thanks man.
No problem man. I just know what has worked for me and the miles I have driven and no sign of any issues whatsoever. The 600 is also a tank and I'm sure the transmission can handle alot so all I have to go on is that I have been running staggered since about Aug 2012..I did have 245/295 combo but hated the stretched look so the 255/305 offers a nicer look as far as width, higher load ratings and of course keeps overall diameter the same to within .5mm. Front diameter is 711.8mm and rear is 711.3mm. The 245/295 is .5mm diff also but that front load rating of 92 instead of 98 as required for the 600 is pushing it and will make you run near max psi just to max out load rating. Glad to have another 600 brotha amongst us. Post up in the wheel and tire thread when you get all set up

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-05-14 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member - LS600hl and Build Thread