Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BC Racing Coilovers woohooo.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-09, 02:00 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BC Racing Coilovers are in

First of all I have to thank Circuit Motorsports and Tristan for their support and customer service. They were one of my selling points over other coilovers of the same range. I was also impressed with the quickness that BC racing themselves responded to my emails and calls even after working hours. You gotta love when you call and talk to an actual person, especially when they know what they are talking about...

It was kinda hard to find information on BC racing coilovers for the IS350 RWD on CL; other than the IS-F and AWD I couldnt find much.
After doing a lot of research on here, s2000 forums, my350z G35, G37, EVO, and STI forums I found great info on BC racing coilovers and their value...
I heard that BC racing coilovers either makes or are made by the same company who makes some other known brands.
My expectations are to have a ride similar to my eibach springs on the softest settings and stiff enough to improve handling. Ill post my personal review as soon as they are on the car.
Bye Bye fender gap...

EDIT/REVIEW:

Got them Installed today!!!! I love them...

Ride/Comfort I wanted something that felt close to stock whenever I wanted to. To test them out, I set all 4 corners to the softest setting. On the softest setting the car feels same as stock maybe better depending on the kind of surface. At softest, the car feels more comfortable and it handles better than stock, maybe because its lower (note: I have rear swaybar)..... To try out the other extreme I set all 4 corners to the hardest settings.... the car is definitely stiffer, but its not too uncomfortable. you can probably drive it every day like this depending on your daily roads. There is a little bit of road noise only at higher speeds; But with the A/C full blast you cant tell the difference so its barely noticeable. I did expect some road noise since I ordered pillowball mounts. Im sure rubber mounts are same as stock.

Handling: With these to full stiff the car handles SO much better. body roll is reduced by a mile and steering response is improved. One of the worst things about the stock IS350 suspension is the floatty feel when turning hard form side to side. I also felt like with stock suspension the car had to lean into the turn before you could push it.. Now, the car feels more connected to the ground and its more predictable... I got 10/8 spring rates which is a great balance for me, Id say 12/8 is probably better if you are looking into going to the track or hard mountain driving. 12/8 would probably still be comfortable for everyday driving. My alignment is WAY off, they told me at the lexus dealership couple of weeks ago but i told them not to do it since i was gonna have to do it soon.. Once i get the alinment done, handling will probably improve some more. right now the car pulls to the right..

Drop: From what it looks like there is alot tread left for me to go lower, so I could probably SLAM the car if I wanted to. Right now I have about one tight finger gap all the way around. the springs are supposed to settle 1/8 inch so ill wait a couple of weeks and adjust height to my liking then do the alignment.

Weight Reduction: I was expectiong maybe 10-15 pounds of weight reductions.
Stock suspension weight: 73
BC racing coilovers weight: 46
Total weight reductions: 27 pounds

Overall I couldnt be any happier with these. Hopefully this helps some CL members make their decision easier of which coilovers to purchase. I think these suit many needs like drop, comfort, and handling, etc.

Last edited by juice14; 07-13-09 at 11:52 AM. Reason: tittle change
Old 06-25-09, 02:03 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

pics............

Car is little dirty but I was able to get a decent shot of the stance..

Last edited by juice14; 07-02-09 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-25-09, 02:47 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I see you couldn't wait till you got the coils installed to make this thread.. Congrats man, good to see you finally pulled the trigger on this!
Old 06-25-09, 03:08 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

congrads and great choice on the coilover yeah tristan the go to guy for them as he help me make the AWD version
Old 06-25-09, 03:20 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the Kudos, glad we could help.

Old 06-25-09, 09:24 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread fails until you post pics

BTW, congrats on your COILS
Old 06-26-09, 04:17 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

they got here today here are some pics..

Last edited by juice14; 06-26-09 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-26-09, 06:31 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

that look like a fun weekened project now slap them babie in hahaha
Old 06-27-09, 03:02 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

i miss that excitment of first getting the coilover, haha!
Old 06-27-09, 08:37 AM
Starfire07
Driver School Candidate

Nice, so I see these are the standard specs of 10kg front and 8kg back. Let us know how our ride quality compares. FYI, I spec'ed mines at 8kg and 7kg.

Don't forget to take off those nuts on the top, and don't forget to adjust the ride height before installing!
Old 06-27-09, 12:01 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Starfire07
Nice, so I see these are the standard specs of 10kg front and 8kg back. Let us know how our ride quality compares. FYI, I spec'ed mines at 8kg and 7kg.

Don't forget to take off those nuts on the top, and don't forget to adjust the ride height before installing!
I bet 8/7kg is a pretty comfy ride. Hopefully 10/8 will give me a good balance between decent ride and sporty feel

how do you know how the car will sit (how low) before you install them?
when they come from the factory are they as high as stock height?
thanks
Old 06-27-09, 03:32 PM
Starfire07
Driver School Candidate

For the set I got, the stock setting was a 3+" drop. You just need to adjust them when compare to the stock Lexus setup. I would subtract whatever amount you want to lower, and go from there.
Old 06-27-09, 05:04 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Starfire07
For the set I got, the stock setting was a 3+" drop. You just need to adjust them when compare to the stock Lexus setup. I would subtract whatever amount you want to lower, and go from there.
WOW 3 inch. Ok that gives me a better idea. I thought it was the other way around, where it came stock height.
thanks
Old 06-30-09, 03:48 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Installed for $150. My opinions on 1st post.
Old 07-01-09, 02:34 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your review.

Glad you love them!

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilovers woohooo.