MA WTT: Spec-D tails for 2009+ OEM

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-17, 09:55 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Default WTT: Spec-D tails for 2009+ OEM

I have red spec-D tails in excellent condition on my 2012, looking to go back to 2009+ (prefer 2011+) OEM since I'm hoping to sell my car soon. Looking for a local trade (I will even come to you and do the full swap) somewhere in the New England or north NJ area. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I will ship/exchange with someone who is not local, but you MUST send me your taillights to install before I will send mine back. No exceptions.

These are what I have:

These are what I want:
Old 02-18-17, 10:16 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Hmm thats tempting.wait...

Are you about to sell your car?!?
Old 02-18-17, 10:45 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Going back to stock in anticipation. I put 200 miles on it in the last 3 months..

..and I test drive an ISF yesterday
Old 02-18-17, 07:38 PM
BlckGhst
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Is the acceleration on the ISF significantly more than the 350?

I ask because I know its a faster car, but a few days ago I came up to one at a stop light (only the second one I've seen in this city in the past few years) and we both knew we wanted to play. lol. We were dead even until about 50 or 60 when his lane merged into mine, so he had to slow down and get behind me. Im sure at faster speeds it would've left me, but I like how the 350 isnt a slouch from a dead stop

I would love to try out that 8-speed transmission

Last edited by BlckGhst; 02-18-17 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-19-17, 11:40 AM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BlckGhst

I ask because I know its a faster car, but a few days ago I came up to one at a stop light (only the second one I've seen in this city in the past few years) and we both knew we wanted to play. lol. We were dead even until about 50 or 60 when his lane merged into mine, so he had to slow down and get behind me. Im sure at faster speeds it would've left me, but I like how the 350 isnt a slouch from a dead stop

within city driving the quickness is not as noticeable as say the 250 to 350. It really is a different car though, 8 speed and 8 cylinders with the sound to match is what sold me.

No one is feeling these lights? I'm planning on posting the car for sale soon
Old 02-19-17, 04:03 PM
eframsal
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

2009+ OEM taillights are amber. Looks like you want the ISF version which are going to be hard finding someone to exchange.
Old 02-19-17, 04:57 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eframsal
2009+ OEM taillights are amber. Looks like you want the ISF version which are going to be hard finding someone to exchange.
Nope, ISF never had the swoosh reverse. Don't want IS-F tails either. Just ISx50 from 2009+ (prefer 2011+)

2008-2014 ISF:

2009-2010 ISx50:

2011-2013 ISx50:
Old 02-19-17, 04:59 PM
06350F
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set from my 06 with red outs. WOuld you be interested in them?
Old 02-19-17, 05:04 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

Not particularly, the difference between '09 and '11 is subtle enough to be pretty interchangeable. With the '06 lights it would probably take some resale value off.
Old 02-20-17, 01:09 PM
06350F
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAizz
Not particularly, the difference between '09 and '11 is subtle enough to be pretty interchangeable. With the '06 lights it would probably take some resale value off.

it it would take a very savey eye. Is the car going to the dealer or private party?
Old 02-20-17, 02:04 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

I have it for listed for private sale here on CL and cars.com, probably going to give it about a month or two before I think about a carmax type sale.
Old 02-20-17, 09:57 PM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

(you asked so i posted a reply, don't be hating ).. no way in hell you can match the acceleration of an is-f.. either the other driver was toying with you or doesn't know how to get a good take-off.. sorry but the is-f is a beast in every way compared to your 350..anyway not to hijack this tread.. my apologies to the op and good luck with your trade..
Old 02-21-17, 12:19 AM
BlckGhst
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
(you asked so i posted a reply, don't be hating ).. no way in hell you can match the acceleration of an is-f.. either the other driver was toying with you or doesn't know how to get a good take-off.. sorry but the is-f is a beast in every way compared to your 350..anyway not to hijack this tread.. my apologies to the op and good luck with your trade..
lol. Probably not "toying". I know if I wanted to race and my lane was merging ahead, I would not want to toy with anyone and instead would want to blow the person next to me away easily. I also remember reading that the 350 and F are about even for a very short time from a dead stop. Im not saying my car and the F are close in any way. Im just stating what happened. I was there. You werent. Sorry if you own an F and were offended by what I wrote

Last edited by BlckGhst; 02-21-17 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-21-17, 07:53 AM
av8or
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

lol. Probably not "toying". I know if I wanted to race and my lane was merging ahead, I would not want to toy with anyone and instead would want to blow the person next to me away easily. I also remember reading that the 350 and F are about even for a very short time from a dead stop. Im not saying my car and the F are close in any way. Im just stating what happened. I was there. You werent. Sorry if you own an F and were offended by what I wrote
not offended at all, we're all friends here .. you asked a question and i offered an honest answer.. my kudos to the other driver though.. when you know you have a faster car, sometimes it's hard to back off and to eat your pride (i have done the same a couple of times)...by him getting behind you instead of showing off and pushing it, you both avoided an accident waiting to happen if not one of you slowed down to merge...also you had the right of way since his lane merged into yours anyway.. i guess my point here is, you asked is there a significant difference in acceleration between the two.. i would strongly suggest you test drive an isf and draw your own conclusion from there.. one short race on the street does not prove anything.. peace out and again my apologies to the OP.. free bump btw OP

Last edited by av8or; 02-21-17 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-22-17, 01:54 PM
MAizz
Lead Lap

More re pictures of mine installed.. going to start playing the Hey Mister game pretty soon

Quick Reply: MA WTT: Spec-D tails for 2009+ OEM