OH FS: Custom Supercharger KIT for ISx50 complete with Meth and Extras - Procharger C2

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-12, 06:20 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default FS: Custom Supercharger KIT for ISx50 complete with Meth and Extras - Procharger C2

Sold, thank you!

For sale: My DIY custom supercharger kit for the 2006+ IS250 or IS350.
I have at most 7,000 miles of use on this complete setup. All parts are in very good condition and are of high quality, nothing is cheap knock off imitation. Everything is sold "as is" as it was installed on my IS350. I will take the time to label ALL parts and can offer easy insightful install instruction (order of operations) to the purchaser. The C2 Procharger was a partially new unit containing new pre-assembled bearings onto new shafts and gears. Those parts were NOT rebuilt.

The driveability of this setup is fantastic! I boost 4 psi all day if I rip around town with mid-to-3/4 throttle. 6psi at full throttle gives a great pull as well...I will miss it.

Complete quality setup:
`FMIC Core 27 x 6 x 3.5
OR
`FMIC Core 32 x 10 x 3
`x 6 polished Intercooler pipes
`x 16 T-bolt clamps
`x 8 Black Silicone couplers (4ply turbo logic)
`Various Vacuum hoses
`Synapse blow off valve
`Gates K060288 S/C belt
`x 2 Dayco S/C belt routing pulleys
`Custom 2.25 Crank Pulley (installs onto stock pulley)
`2.50 Procharger pulley (6psi on IS350, slightly above 7psi on IS250)
`S/C mounting bracket specific to C2 blower
`K&N 3" air filter
`x 3 bracket mounting studs
`x 5 billet spacers (3 bracket, 2 pulley)
`All nuts / bolts
`Custom silver oil catch can (with hose)
`Coolingmist complete standard water / meth injection kit
`Prosport white led / white needle boost gauge (matches IS gauges perfectly)
`Included is the oem steering cover top panel with gauge pod mounted

If any one local buys this setup I will perform the install free of charge in my garage.

Original Price- $3850 shipped and paypal'd as a friend or add 3%.

Sold, thank you!

You can read about my S/C background here.....

Always here to help forum members....I'm available for any questions or install feedback as well.

Vid of the setup running on my IS350:
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/976...zxmzafeszx.mp4

Vid of quick revs:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5...wbneoiamyv.mp4

Sorry for the less then ideal pic quality:

Sold, thank you!

Last edited by mikellucci; 10-03-12 at 05:31 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 08-14-12, 07:22 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Vouched! I can vouch for Mike. Excellent communication, items are always better than described and he ships lightning quick. I have purchased a couple of high dollar items from him and it's always top-notch!
Old 08-14-12, 07:54 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can vouch for mike too, extremely honest guy that will tell you about something even if you don't ask, buy with confidence !
Old 08-14-12, 08:13 AM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I can vouch for Mike. The transaction between us was nothing short of flawless. Good luck with the sale
Old 08-14-12, 08:19 AM
250is07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are the average horsepower gains?
Old 08-14-12, 12:45 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Mike, is this the same blower you had bought off craigslist as "new" and said had a "reverse impeller" that needed a new impeller and ran no more than 2psi? Or is this a different unit? Just trying to see what is for sale here otherwise, you're a great guy and very helpful with this kit on a 2IS, another loss to the community with you and HKS350 no longer boosting
Old 08-14-12, 01:01 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Thanks guys!

WHP, 50 or so with the meth coming on at 2psi. It'll never be dyno'd though so everything is just a guess. Damn fun setup, I will never knock S/C setups again as they can be just as fun as a nice turbo.

Originally Posted by heyarms
Mike, is this the same blower you had bought off craigslist as "new" and said had a "reverse impeller" that needed a new impeller and ran no more than 2psi? Or is this a different unit? Just trying to see what is for sale here
Its a 3rd unit. All brand new shafts, bearings and seals. The Mercruiser tech assembled it into the reverse rotation casing with standard rotation compressor housing. I "tested" it on my car for a good thousand miles or so. It spins free'er then any unit I've touched...Prochargers are weirdly inconsistent in terms of no two of the same models being exactly the same.

Once I move some parts I'll have another unit FS to move with the old "LMS Kit." I'll post some pics of the mess of Prochargers I have laying around. Thanks.
Old 08-14-12, 01:24 PM
Blacklexie
Driver School Candidate

Do you take payments?
Old 08-14-12, 05:11 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So wait...

In the original post you say "The C2 Procharger was a new unit, not a rebuild". But then you go on to tell heyarms "All brand new shafts, bearings and seals. The Mercruiser tech assembled it into the reverse rotation casing with standard rotation compressor housing."

That's not a NEW UNIT. That is a rebuilt unit, from my understanding. Yes, it may be rebuilt to "like new" status, but being rebuilt and installed is entirely different than saying it was brand new (out of the box) and installed.

Is there any particular reason why you had this rebuilt by a marine shop? Why didn't you have it rebuilt by procharger themselves? How do we know this is quality work? Does Mercruiser have a warranty on their work? What happens if I buy this, and the blower is not built within spec?
Old 08-14-12, 07:33 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Originally Posted by karasha
So wait...
I updated the listing with unnecessary clarification.
The bearings, shafts and gears came from ATI fully assembled. They were dropped into a new front casing loaded with pretension wave washers. It's a new unit, as new as you can get short of being rebuilt where bearings are removed and pressed from the shafts.

Look at my revision thread where I performed this on a different unit..there is a big difference.

Simply put, ATI sucks IMO. I was lucky to find a tech that's been dealing with supercharged (and Procharged) engines for about as long as they've been in existence. I'm not sure how he gets his stock from ATI but he has every and all parts on hand. I'm actually thinking he has direct to the manufacturer as I also believe the gears and shafts are produced at Ohio Gear. (cant confirm)

The videos I posted are of this unit installed on my car. I ran it for 1,000 miles with various trips back and forth to Pittsburgh (2hrs each way). I'm offering to install this setup on anyone local that purchases.

I am not shy in expressing my opinion with regard to Procharger units and related components. My opinion is simply that but it is based off of applied learnings and experiences with Procharger C1 and C2 superchargers. I have freely commented in my "IS350 Revision S/C" thread and would advise interested parties to educate themselves around "Procharger" technology. I spell this out because I have done everything feasible to show/prove that the unit being sold here is in working condition and has in fact been validated by a third party.

I am here to help should you have any questions.
However, once goods exchange hands I will not be held responsible for loss or damage should it occur under any circumstance.

If you are unsure about purchasing this kit and are not comfortable with the mechanics and all risks associated; I would encourage you to move along and find another option that is better suited for you. Do not waste my time and money or your own!

Last edited by mikellucci; 08-15-12 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-15-12, 04:43 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Vouch for Mike! Great guy to work with!!
Old 08-17-12, 05:13 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

^^ Thanks all! PM's replied to.

FAQ:

Q: Do you take payments?
A: Yes, 0%, flexible on terms as well.

Q: Will this work on either an IS250 or IS350?
A: Yes, its the same install. IS250 runs a lb or 1.5 lbs more boost (just above 7psi) with the supplied 2.50" pulley. I have a 2.55" pulley and can obtain larger if desired.

Q: Is everything included for install?
A: Yes, EVERYTHING is included...even a spool of wire to hookup the boost gauge to the switched power source of your choice (I used cig. lighter)

Q: Anything special needed for install?
A: No. A dremel or cutoff wheel to run IC piping to throttle body. A 22mm socket for crank pulley and 25" breaker bar. Brake ducts need trimming to clear IC piping. All underbody plastics fit and install back into place!
Old 08-17-12, 12:59 PM
norapat01
Former Sponsor

I have a few question regarding the kit....

1) is there any periodical maintenance required for the kit?
2) how reliable is the unit...does it need to be rebuild after certain mileage?
3) does the stock IS50 ECU need to be tune?
Old 08-17-12, 01:54 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Originally Posted by norapat01
I have a few question regarding the kit....

1) is there any periodical maintenance required for the kit?
2) how reliable is the unit...does it need to be rebuild after certain mileage?
3) does the stock IS50 ECU need to be tune?
1. Simply oil changes on the unit at 5k intervals. 2.5 oz oil. Ensure belt isn't excessively worn. The Gates belt is $17 on eBay. Keep the meth/water tank full..I check it at gas fillups.

2. Very subjective between applications, units and vehicles. They are primitive in design and one bearing in particular takes a lot of high speed wear on the impeller shaft. The most important factors are keeping the unit oiled (duh) and minizing excessive compressor surge by having a properly setup blow off valve.
Are their worse quality blowers out there? Absolutely. Are their better blowers you could use? Absolutely! It all comes at a cost with design and I installation layout. We have very little room to work with in our engine bays.

3. No. The stock ecu is amazing on low boost with meth/water spray! I wouldn't add anything in the way of tuning unless you go over 7psi consistently.

Last edited by mikellucci; 08-17-12 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-21-12, 06:49 PM
ejbmejia20
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default lexus is turbo charged

what is the lower u can go, with shipping, and are you going to send laid out or some info how to install the kit, and how the payment has to be made? thanks.

Quick Reply: OH FS: Custom Supercharger KIT for ISx50 complete with Meth and Extras - Procharger C2