WTB: Silver interior trim or trade wood trim

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-08, 03:55 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Silver interior trim or trade wood trim

Like the title said. Plus cash if trading my Wood trim for the Silver trim.
Old 09-18-08, 05:24 PM
Retrospect
Pole Position

man if only you were in socal !
Old 09-18-08, 06:05 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

would you be interested in CF "silver" overlays. I have a set for sale if you are interested. I can provide vouches and pictures. PM me please if you are interested

Mike
Old 09-18-08, 06:46 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Retrospect
man if only you were in socal !
I'm from San Diego.

Originally Posted by passnu2
would you be interested in CF "silver" overlays. I have a set for sale if you are interested. I can provide vouches and pictures. PM me please if you are interested

Mike
No, I'm only looking for the replacement.
Thanks anyway!
Old 09-18-08, 07:33 PM
Retrospect
Pole Position

well closer than sd lol. that still far from me.
Old 09-19-08, 10:00 PM
drken
Driver School Candidate

I'd be glad to trade my silver trim straight up for your wood trim if it is in good shape. Mine is perfect- only have about 3K miles on the car. The only thing is that I don't have seat heaters, so there are no holes to mount the seat heater controls. I don't know if that is something you could cut holes for, but you'd probably be better able to determine that if you can tell how yours are mounted.

Ken
Old 09-19-08, 10:49 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay so i traded wood trim for metallic trim.. and theres something thats different about the driver side panel... can u guys let me know if u see it too? because for the wood trim i had, it was an entire cut out for the side-view mirror buttons, however for the metallic trim, that is cut in half. sorry if that made no sense.
Old 09-20-08, 07:51 AM
drken
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by solo_stage
okay so i traded wood trim for metallic trim.. and theres something thats different about the driver side panel... can u guys let me know if u see it too? because for the wood trim i had, it was an entire cut out for the side-view mirror buttons, however for the metallic trim, that is cut in half. sorry if that made no sense.
On my metallic trim, the panel on the driver's door is one continuous piece that holds all the window buttons, locks, and mirror control switches. Is that what you mean? By the way, this is on an '08 250 RWD automatic if it makes a difference.

On your swap, were seat heater controls an issue?

Ken
Old 09-20-08, 09:50 AM
MotoX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drken
I'd be glad to trade my silver trim straight up for your wood trim if it is in good shape. Mine is perfect- only have about 3K miles on the car. The only thing is that I don't have seat heaters, so there are no holes to mount the seat heater controls. I don't know if that is something you could cut holes for, but you'd probably be better able to determine that if you can tell how yours are mounted.

Ken
My wood trim is in excellent condition-only about 8k miles.
Ya, my car have the heat/cool seats. I wonder if I can buy just the ash tray alone?
Old 09-21-08, 03:37 PM
drken
Driver School Candidate

Are the seat heater controls part of the ash tray assembly, or part of the larger section of the console?

Ken
Old 09-21-08, 07:57 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

No what i mean is...

do u guys see the difference? theres like this black piece on the woodtrim. while there ISNT one on the metallic trim. so like the woodtrim has one entire cutout where the sidemirror switches are, while the metallic trim does not.
Old 09-22-08, 01:40 PM
drken
Driver School Candidate

do u guys see the difference? theres like this black piece on the woodtrim. while there ISNT one on the metallic trim.
Yes, now I see what you mean. Mine is just like the second picture-the area immediately surrounding the mirror controls is just slightly recessed, and appears to be one continuous piece. I wonder if the black piece surrounding those controls (on the wood trim car) is a part of the wood trim piece, or is part of a different switch assembly with another part number?

Ken
Old 09-24-08, 01:34 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

Yes, now I see what you mean. Mine is just like the second picture-the area immediately surrounding the mirror controls is just slightly recessed, and appears to be one continuous piece. I wonder if the black piece surrounding those controls (on the wood trim car) is a part of the wood trim piece, or is part of a different switch assembly with another part number?

Ken
Hey Ken!

i think you can remove that black piece on top though.. in order to make the buttons fit into the metallic trim. That's what my boyfriend did when he tried to install the metallic trim for me. goodluck!!!
Old 09-24-08, 09:22 PM
drken
Driver School Candidate

goodluck!!!

Thanks!
I'd still like to trade my metallic trim for some wood trim in good shape, but I assume all wood trim cars will have seat heater controls in the console, and since my car has none, it may prevent anybody wanting to swap ( unless they are confident in their skills to cut the holes for them). I would consider just buying some OEM wood trim as a replacement part, but from what I have heard so far, it isn't available? Maybe I should check junkyards/recyclers?

Ken
Old 11-03-08, 04:47 PM
ott1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!
I'd still like to trade my metallic trim for some wood trim in good shape, but I assume all wood trim cars will have seat heater controls in the console, and since my car has none, it may prevent anybody wanting to swap ( unless they are confident in their skills to cut the holes for them). I would consider just buying some OEM wood trim as a replacement part, but from what I have heard so far, it isn't available? Maybe I should check junkyards/recyclers?

Ken
Do you have pics of the metallic trim? I have wood trim in mine and thinking of swapping it out.