Trade me your GS3/4 for my FD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-03, 02:53 PM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade me your GS3/4 for my FD?

Hey everyone, i'm just curious if anyone would be interested in trading me their 98+ GS300/400 for my RX7. Here is a little background on the car:
1993 R1 trim level RX7 Twin Turbo with *40,125* original miles.
Original Competition Yellow Mica finish, only 300 ever produced, far less than that left today. It is the most sought after RX7.
R1 suede seats.
Mechanically all stock.
Only modifications are Racing Beat springs and a MOMO shift ****, which was already on the car when i purchased it. I have owned the car now for approx 4.5 years, and have only put 4000 miles on the car. It was strictly a weekend toy, and never abused. The car has been maintained fanatically. The car has made a trip to the track, and laid down two back to back 13.5@105mph passes, again, bone stock. The engine is unusually strong, gets fantastic oil pressure and runs about as cool as an RX7 can run. For pictures of the car, check out:
www.megaone.com/rotorary7/Images
most of the pics of the RX7 are titled CYM(comp. yellow mica)
Thanks,
Darril
p.s. if interested, email for contact info.
Old 05-26-03, 02:54 PM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

forgot to mention, the car is located in Amsterdam, NY for now, but in about a month will make it's way down to Charlotte area, NC as i am moving there shortly.

Darril
Old 05-27-03, 08:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Darril:

Good luck with the trade! Your RX sounds like a nice car, very low miles.

If you find someone (or end up selling your RX and buying a GS), look us up when you get to Charlotte. We have CL meets every couple of months at least. You're welcome to come and check out the cars, even if you still roll up in your RX .
Old 05-27-03, 12:09 PM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Darril:

Good luck with the trade! Your RX sounds like a nice car, very low miles.

If you find someone (or end up selling your RX and buying a GS), look us up when you get to Charlotte. We have CL meets every couple of months at least. You're welcome to come and check out the cars, even if you still roll up in your RX .
Dave, thanks for the kind words! I've always liked the GS 3/4, but in the past few months i've become increasingly interested in them. I'm finding that i am really into the luxury thing right now. I'll be headed down to Charlotte on June 2nd, and coming back up to NY to get the RX7 later in the month of June, so perhaps i can swing by one of the meets with the RX or hopefully with a GS How can i find out when CL holds these meets?
Cheers,
Darril
Old 05-27-03, 03:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by ForceFed
How can i find out when CL holds these meets?
There's a "Club Meetings" section from the main forum page, or CLICK HERE to go directly to the southeast meets section where we post about meets in our area.

Can also check out the 'SELOC' forum here and on www.seloc.net) which has Lexus owners from all over the Southeast posting (most are from Atlanta).

PM me when you get settled in and I'll add you to our local mailing list.
Old 05-27-03, 04:51 PM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DaveGS4
There's a "Club Meetings" section from the main forum page, or CLICK HERE to go directly to the southeast meets section where we post about meets in our area.

Can also check out the 'SELOC' forum here and on www.seloc.net) which has Lexus owners from all over the Southeast posting (most are from Atlanta).

PM me when you get settled in and I'll add you to our local mailing list.
Dave, thank you for the heads up. Now i just need to get a GS (hint hint )
Darril
Old 06-02-03, 04:56 PM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

wishful bumping
Old 06-02-03, 07:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

ForceFed - good luck with the trade, but since the GS and your RX7 are so different I really doubt you'll find a trade. Why not just sell the RX7?
Old 06-02-03, 07:36 PM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Bit that is a good question and you may not be the only one wondering. I do infact have the RX7 for sale, however the economy is so poor that people are not willing to pay what the car is worth. Hence, the car sits for sale.
The reason i posted this trade was because i was hopeful that someone might be looking to get into something like my RX-7

Darril
Old 06-05-03, 01:35 PM
99GS300
Pole Position

I'm curious as to how much you are asking for your RX-7?

I'm fortunate to have a 99 GS300 as a daily driver and a 93 Touring RX-7 as a weekend "fun" car, and I know that the RX-7 market is very good right now, especially for a car as rare as the CYM R-1.

have you posted your car for sale on:

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/

They have a huge member base, and someone is always looking for a clean, low mileage RX-7.

Good luck!
Old 06-06-03, 11:42 AM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 99GS300
I'm curious as to how much you are asking for your RX-7?

I'm fortunate to have a 99 GS300 as a daily driver and a 93 Touring RX-7 as a weekend "fun" car, and I know that the RX-7 market is very good right now, especially for a car as rare as the CYM R-1.

have you posted your car for sale on:

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/

They have a huge member base, and someone is always looking for a clean, low mileage RX-7.

Good luck!
99GS300,
I am asking $21K for the RX-7. Other CYM owners are getting anywhere from 19.5K-21K for cars with much more mileage than mine. If you tried to find another CYM with 40,125 original miles, you might be searching for a VERY long time.

You are very fortunate to have a GS and a FD. Congratulations! I've been a member of RX7club.com for a very long time. If you do a search by username (ForceFed) over at the RX7 club, you'll see that i posted the car for sale several times, and had moderate interest at best. Noone ever complained about the price, it's just that noone expressed genuine interest in the car. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Darril
Old 06-06-03, 11:46 AM
99GS300
Pole Position

Darril,

That is a great price for your car, and I am really surprised no one has stepped up and purchased it.

Good luck!

David
Old 06-06-03, 05:07 PM
ForceFed
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 99GS300
Darril,

That is a great price for your car, and I am really surprised no one has stepped up and purchased it.

Good luck!

David
David, thanks for the kind words! I thought that for the exclusivity of the car, the price was fairly reasonable. However, the RX-7 community didn't think so. I had offers as low as $14K, which frankly is offensive coming from a person who knows just how exclusive the car is. I had one guy with a very nice 99 GS400 offer a trade, however he lives all the way in California, and i am now in North Carolina. I'm not sure how i could swing a trade like that, provided the guy is/was still interested. I'm still waiting to hear from him.

I'm going to have to get in touch with DaveGS4 now that i'm in North Carolina, so that i can check out all the GS'

Darril
Old 06-10-03, 08:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Just send me a Private Message here on ClubLexus! We *might* be having a mini-meet this weekend, still TBD.
Old 06-11-03, 08:39 AM
BLKSC400
Driver

Originally posted by ForceFed
David, thanks for the kind words! I thought that for the exclusivity of the car, the price was fairly reasonable. However, the RX-7 community didn't think so. I had offers as low as $14K, which frankly is offensive coming from a person who knows just how exclusive the car is.
I am a RX7 forum member as well. If there is nothing wrong mechanically with your car $21k is more than reasonable. I sold my 94 RX7 (16k miles no mods) last year for a lot higher; I sold it thru autotrader.

You might want to get a GS4 since you are probably used to how the RX7 accelerates.

Quick Reply: Trade me your GS3/4 for my FD?