mtaha is a lying scammer!!! BEWARE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-03, 10:41 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mtaha is a lying scammer!!! BEWARE!!!

mtaha posted this thread HERE about an L-Sportline Roof Spoiler for sale.

He said that he had the papers to prove it. $150 shipped was an awesome price, so I took it. After paying for it, he said he couldn't find the receipt for it. I trusted him, having looked at his previous posts here in ClubLexus. He said shipping was included, but didn't tell me he wasn't insuring it. He didn't even ask.

When I got it, the package was already bent in half. I knew it was snapped into two pieces. It came packaged in two tight slim cardboard boxes duct taped together and the "spoiler" was put in a plastic bag. He claims that he packaged it perfectly and that it left him in perfect condition. The break was where the two boxes were put together. A PLASTIC BAG. NO PADDING. A PLASTIC BAG.

Okay, first off, his packaging SUCKED, but I tried to be nice about it. Next, the freaking spoiler doesn't even fit on my car. It's a totally different piece!!!! Another member (tmy727) said that "The underside of my roof spoiler has a tunnel [if you want to call it that] and it has LSportline in the inside with a series of number". Mine definitely did NOT have that. LOOK AT THE PICS HERE AND YOU WILL SEE THAT IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT RIGHT!!! You'll see that the other pics posted on that thread with true L-Sportline roof spoilers have a clean and easy fit. This one doesn't even line up with the windshield.

I emailed him once asking for a refund. He refused, stating that it was packed well. I then emailed him again stating that this spoiler doesn't even fit and he doesn't have proof of its authenticity. On THAT alone should I get a refund.

I've now received several emails from him. The most recent one says that he's going to try and get a receipt for the spoiler. BUT IT STILL DOESN'T FIT. There isn't even any sign of it having been put on his car, which means he KNEW that it didn't fit and wanted to sell it. Not ONCE has he addressed the fitment issue and NOT ONCE has he posted a pic of it on his car or even the roof spoiler by itself. In this most recent email, he is accusing me of "trying to get over on someone". HE HAS NOW BLOCKED ME FROM AOL IM.

I have had interactions with many CL members who know that I have never had any kind of misrepresentation on this forum for the respect of everyone who is on here. I am always polite to everyone and have NEVER gotten over on ANYONE. If anyone wants, I have eBay feedback too that shows what kind of seller/buyer I am. I am not in the game of messing with people.

I have tried being cordial and polite. Now, I want my money back for being misled into buying an item that doesn't even fit on a GS.

This is your flame, mtaha.

If needed, more personal info will be posted. If my money is refunded, I will retract this post. Enough is enough.

Last edited by kevs; 05-15-03 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-15-03, 11:06 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Having the shipped product damaged is one thing. Shipping a wrong product is another. When your shop shipped out the wrong part, it is your responsibility to correct it. Not your buyer. I've known Kevin long enough to know what kind of person he is. He's the one whom you can trust and deal with without worrying whether you will be scammed or not.

Now in order to break the roof spoiler, it takes some force. If the part is well packaged, there is no way to break the spoiler without breaking the box, unless it was broken when shipped.....
Old 05-15-03, 11:11 PM
chrisgs
Driver

sorry to hear about your situation. Definitely a scamer, it doesn't look like a roof spoiler to me. it look more like a " TOY BAR ". You should get your money back
Old 05-15-03, 11:19 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Everyone has different standards. If packaging part inside a cardboard box without padding is what he called perfection, well, I have nothing to say. Is there any apology note from USPS inside the box when you received it? There is one time USPS damaged 3 packages (even when they were shipped via priority). The boxes are wrecked but the items are still intact. In each box, there is a note saying they are sorry for the delay and damage signed from the manager of the postal office.
Old 05-15-03, 11:22 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by RAristo
Everyone has different standards. If packaging part inside a cardboard box without padding is what he called perfection, well, I have nothing to say. Is there any apology note from USPS inside the box when you received it? There is one time USPS damaged 3 packages (even when they were shipped via priority). The boxes are wrecked but the items are still intact. In each box, there is a note saying they are sorry for the delay and damage signed from the manager of the postal office.
No apology note. Nothing. Just a flex in the box(es) right where they were connected by duct tape.
Old 05-16-03, 01:34 AM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear about your situation Kevs, definately looks like you got taken. The packaging issue is really irrelevant since the item isn't even the correct one (looks like part of a door frame to me) Is it the color he indicated? It looks plain black to me in your pictures.

The risk you take when buying without a picture is even higher than normal with internet purchases. I understand your trusting nature of CL members but perhaps this will make you evaluate deals over the internet with more scrutiny. I had a similar experience and now will not buy without pictures or LOTS of public endorsments of the seller.

Did you pay with a money order? Did you get a physical address, phone number etc?

People might want to hold off on his other sale until this gets cleared up or Mtaha explains his side of this.
<Mtaha's other item for sale - warning>

Keep us updated Kevs, good luck!
Old 05-16-03, 05:11 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Stealther
Did you get a physical address, phone number etc?
Yes, I have an address.

C'mon mtaha. Please don't make me post all this info. Just settle it and give me my money back.
Old 05-16-03, 06:24 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Here's Mike Todd's quality packaging. This is exactly how I found it when I arrived home.
Attached Thumbnails mtaha is a lying scammer!!! BEWARE!!!-dsc02901.jpg  
Old 05-16-03, 06:25 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Look! Fragile means that people will take care of it.
Attached Thumbnails mtaha is a lying scammer!!! BEWARE!!!-dsc02902.jpg  
Old 05-16-03, 06:27 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Here's the "quality" wrapping right out of his home in edited out.

Oh yeah, and the roof spoiler doesn't fit, Mike. Did I mention that already?

I want my money back.
Attached Thumbnails mtaha is a lying scammer!!! BEWARE!!!-dsc02903.jpg  

Last edited by retrodrive; 05-16-03 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-16-03, 09:02 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

edited out. They are a lot of CL members in NY, I would be down to take a trip to his house.

Last edited by retrodrive; 05-16-03 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-16-03, 10:34 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by aliga
edited. They are a lot of CL members in NY, I would be down to take a trip to his house.
Since you asked,

personal info deleted

Mike, please refund my money to me and I will delete your info.

Last edited by retrodrive; 05-16-03 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-16-03, 02:25 PM
G4Titan
Driver

What a punk...if I lived up in NYC I would definately pay a visit to this guy for you
Old 05-16-03, 03:13 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Originally posted by kevs
Since you asked,

personal info deleted
Mike, please refund my money to me and I will delete your info.
picture deleted

Looks to be a business address

Last edited by retrodrive; 05-16-03 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-16-03, 03:50 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hey stealther , you are right about that address , i used to live on long island 3years ago just recently moved to fla , it is a business address.

to mtatha: come on guy , be a man and a gentle man about this . is you misrepresented , respect your fellow lexus owners and return the money. i was involved in something similar with stealther and was more concerned that my fellow mates respected me then to gain by false pretense. i refunded him immed and told him to keep the item. if you were on ebay or something then i guess whatever , but here in CL you need to show respect or some of these guys will pay you a visit. it can get very nasty .

hey dex , how about a few words about this

Quick Reply: mtaha is a lying scammer!!! BEWARE!!!