CA WTB: Underbody Braces for GS400

Old 07-23-16, 08:16 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB: Underbody Braces for GS400

As the title states, wondering if anyone out there wants to part with any of their underbody braces? looking for both the front and rear

Last edited by kowala; 07-26-16 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-23-16, 11:36 PM
sugzz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a TRD front lower brace. PM if you're interested.
Old 07-26-16, 09:39 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by kowala
As the title states, wondering if anyone out there wants to part with their underbody braces? looking for both the front and rear
be a little more specific about what your looking for....

Tom's makes a front and a rear brace and a 6 link
TRD makes a front brace and sways
The JDM Aristo has a additional transmission tunnel brace
Do-luck makes underbody braces that run under the rear/front doors then their are several others
Old 07-26-16, 10:41 PM
kowala
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
be a little more specific about what your looking for....

Tom's makes a front and a rear brace and a 6 link
TRD makes a front brace and sways
The JDM Aristo has a additional transmission tunnel brace
Do-luck makes underbody braces that run under the rear/front doors then their are several others
I'm open to and looking for any brace that anyone is willing to part with. I specified the 400 since I'm aware the Tom's lower "A" brace doesn't quite fit properly. Car is stock as of now, so I'm open to any reinforcement bars for the car, Tom's, TRD, Ultra Racing, Cusco, Top Speed, Nagisa (fender) etc
Old 07-27-16, 07:07 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I'm open to and looking for any brace that anyone is willing to part with. I specified the 400 since I'm aware the Tom's lower "A" brace doesn't quite fit properly. Car is stock as of now, so I'm open to any reinforcement bars for the car, Tom's, TRD, Ultra Racing, Cusco, Top Speed, Nagisa (fender) etc
the Tom's fits fine on all model Gs, mine came off a Gs300 and is on my GS430 now.... i have had it with 0 issues for years. its the back that has a slight rattle but i got the Tom's Closed rear instead of the open one as i wanted more solid bracing
Old 07-31-16, 05:31 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

the Tom's fits fine on all model Gs, mine came off a Gs300 and is on my GS430 now.... i have had it with 0 issues for years. its the back that has a slight rattle but i got the Tom's Closed rear instead of the open one as i wanted more solid bracing
It is the Tom's brace that does not fit directly onto a GS400, it will either need to be bent or cut and re-welded to clear the bottom of the bell housing. I have bent them on 3 previous installs I did.

The same one that came off my last GS4 fits my GS430 perfectly and I did note that it looks as if it would have fit without modification.

Last edited by angus; 08-02-16 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-31-16, 10:29 AM
Fish
Pole Position

I have a pair of front and rear Tom's chassis brace, pm me if interested. Also have a pair of front and rear Daizen sway bars if you're interested.
Old 07-31-16, 07:48 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Last edited by Tank; 07-31-16 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-31-16, 07:53 PM
Tank
Racer

Carbing Brace clear's the bell housing (bolts). However, the shrouds on your TWC's might touch the top of the cross bar. I had to shave the shrouds down a bit with a dremmel for the Carbing to fit on my GS4.
I don't have any experience with any other underbraces so I can't speak on them.

Last edited by Tank; 07-31-16 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-31-16, 08:01 PM
Tank
Racer

Old 07-31-16, 08:02 PM
Tank
Racer

430's dont have this issue with TOM's..
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...s-warning.html

I wouldn't bend the brace or shim it though, to me that sounds like it defeats the purpose and might have adverse affects on the car's suspension geometry.
Old 07-31-16, 08:15 PM
Fish
Pole Position

Forgot to mention it's a closed end rear brace and I also have Tom's front and rear strut bars to match the braces.
Old 08-01-16, 10:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by angus
It is the Tom's brace that does not fit directly onto a GS400, it will wither need to be bent or cut and re-welded to clear the bottom of the bell housing. I have bent them on 3 previous installs I did.

The same one that came off my last GS4 fits my GS430 perfectly and I did note that it looks as if it would have fit without modification.
Originally Posted by eskaeone
430's dont have this issue with TOM's..
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...s-warning.html

I wouldn't bend the brace or shim it though, to me that sounds like it defeats the purpose and might have adverse affects on the car's suspension geometry.
i HAVE the Tom's brace on my GS430 and it has 0 issues, since we have the same motor/body why would it be a issue on the 400? i have seen that thread that Todd from TM did for that guy but it makes no sense why they have clearance issues and i wouldnt
Old 08-01-16, 01:57 PM
ChadsGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a brand new never installed lower front TRD brace for sale if you haven't found one
Old 08-01-16, 09:26 PM
Tank
Racer

i HAVE the Tom's brace on my GS430 and it has 0 issues, since we have the same motor/body why would it be a issue on the 400? i have seen that thread that Todd from TM did for that guy but it makes no sense why they have clearance issues and i wouldnt
Looks like a different flex plate housing. GS 300 A650E has different internals. However, the bell housing looks identical. I know the 430's bell housings are different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CA WTB: Underbody Braces for GS400