purchased chrome bezel

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-03, 02:51 AM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: You've got to be careful....

Originally posted by cyclemax
Maybe this guy is legit (I hope he is), but I must tell you, I was skeptical when I saw his ad for the bezel. Knowing how hard they are to come by, I thought to myself "where would he be able to get them?" Did he ever explain how/why he had one/them for sale? Maybe he didn't want to reveal his source, but it just didn't make sense to me.

Personally, I would very cautious doing business with someone unless they have a fairly long history here at CL (includes my Rookie self, BTW) and demonstrate rappor with several other members (you see this often here, guys meeting up on weekends, etc). You should always check references. Ebay feedback is a good start, if they participate.

Limited supply/high demand items are a great lure for fraudulent transactions. The buyer thinks he has to react fast and oftentimes won't ask challenging questions, b/c he feels the seller will view him as a pain in the a$$, and just sell it to someone else.

Not criticizing anyone in particular, but you have to ask yourself if these things make sense. I saw an auction on eBay for a 1998 Skyline engine. The seller said he couldn't bring the car home from Japan b/c of legalities, so he took out the eng and junked the rest. You could buy it for $2K. Yah, that makes sense. Do a search under "Completed Items" and see for yourself.

I hope you guys all get your parts, but in the future, be very careful. We work hard for our money, and that's the only way to get it.
LOL...

Thanks for that info...read the obituary on common sense did you? If so, pass it along. I wasn't aware it completely died.

He's either legit, or he's just not the brightest bulb...as he's left a ton of information that leads right back to him. If he's ripping us off, then its a matter of short time before the authorities get him. And if not the authorities, then I have information which leads to a billing address (either him or his parents).

I'm either getting the bezel, my money back, or I'm making someone's life hell. I can be just as much of an A-Hole, and what do you know? I have the resources and time to do it! And I'll get enjoyment out of it.

He has not logged on since the 3rd, so he hasn't stumbled across this yet.

Just like Vegas, only cheaper

Tim
Old 01-08-03, 02:54 AM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Default Re: Chrome bezel

Originally posted by BlvdKing
I was also very interested in the chrome bezel! He contacted me through PM on 1-03-02 like everything was normal. He said he had orders for 20 and they would be in that week. Hope he is just very bad at communication The area code for his shop does come from Connecticut if that means anything. Best of luck to all of you who sent money
That's the same line I was fed. I too hope he's just **** poor at communication.

Did the whole "New Haven, CT 06511" not give you enough info to figure out MeccaPerformance was in Connecticut? Sorry, had to do it

Tim
Old 01-08-03, 05:28 PM
Lexdub99
Driver

hhahahaha I tried to scam you people are rediculous. I am not trying to scam anyone for the bezel or their money becuase I did this so you people could get these bezels not to make money off of this cause I also have a gs400 with no chrome shift bezel and im quite pissed myself. But this is the deal im giving my source on emore chance or you wil all get a refund of your money. and as far as im concerned you are acting like children badmouthing me like this because starting posts about someone whos i strying to help you guys and your cars is just corny and you should grow up.
Old 01-08-03, 05:32 PM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Lexdub99
hhahahaha I tried to scam you people are rediculous. I am not trying to scam anyone for the bezel or their money becuase I did this so you people could get these bezels not to make money off of this cause I also have a gs400 with no chrome shift bezel and im quite pissed myself. But this is the deal im giving my source on emore chance or you wil all get a refund of your money. and as far as im concerned you are acting like children badmouthing me like this because starting posts about someone whos i strying to help you guys and your cars is just corny and you should grow up.
Sounds like a respectable businessman...
Old 01-08-03, 05:39 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Lexdub99
Old 01-08-03, 05:40 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Question ok...

i got your pm, and i was not trying to insult you, or accuse you, i was just going by the facts. I don't want any ill feelings over fifty dollars, or a chrome bezel. well thanks for responding.
Old 01-08-03, 05:44 PM
Lexdub99
Driver

WOW,

Just read all of everyones posts and you guys are getting reall rediculous now over a 50 dollar piece. You are gonna do an oj on me to get your piece all i can say is you do not want to go there . and then your talking about having the authorities brougt into this go ahead they wont waste there time over false claims cuase your either getting the bezles or you money back. And all this personal digging your doing into my friedns business is a joke becuase this had nothing to do with Mecca other wise I would have put these up for sale on the site. I am just helping a friend build that site and I have no ownership contratc etc with that company. And as far as making my life a living hell from this you are also mistaken I could care less about this drama why do u think it takes me so long to respond to this outcry of tears from you guys. All i did was try to do something nice for fellow cl memebers by getting them the bezels and now it has blow way out of proportion and I will never do anything for any of you people again now that I see how you react and im sure you wont want to deal with me either. This will all be resolved soon unless people want to bring it to that level of cominig to ct to see me then it will just get worsre and instead of having a post about me in cl you with have a post in the next days paper. And one more thing this was no way a business venture of any kind so dont think this is bad business prcatice or anything cause if that was the case you come to the site or the store to buy this item and pay tax and all that this was just a personal endevor that went bad guys cl members are a bunch of grown babies.