CA WTB Door Lock Actuator 01-05

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 10:02 AM
ThaPhenom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Door Lock Actuator 01-05

I'm looking to buy a Door Lock Actuator for an 2001-2005 GS.
I need one for the front driver side, though I think for my needs front passenger will do as well.
Don't care what the condition of the motor is, as long as the cables are intact and not broken or bent.
Again, it has to be for 01-05 because I really just need the metal cables. 98-00 won't work. Let me know if you have one for sale.
Old 07-23-10, 11:43 AM
tamtanium
Driver School Candidate

Are you sure 98-00 won't work? because my 98 gs400 has the metal cables
Old 07-23-10, 12:51 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tamtanium
Are you sure 98-00 won't work? because my 98 gs400 has the metal cables
the 1998-2000 assembly wont work....i looked awhile ago they use different part #'s although i dunno the differences.... the cables by themselves might work though.

here is where i looked

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...san-diego.html

OP i broke my cable and had to buy a new actuator as i couldnt find a 2001+ with good cables for less than 100 used. since i got the new one for 206 shipped NEW to me it wasnt worth fiddling with a used actuator although i wouldnt mind seeing if the cables could be changed if i can find a cheap bad actuator

Last edited by sakataj; 07-23-10 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-23-10, 01:18 PM
tamtanium
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
the 1998-2000 assembly wont work....i looked awhile ago they use different part #'s although i dunno the differences.... the cables by themselves might work though.

here is where i looked

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...san-diego.html

OP i broke my cable and had to buy a new actuator as i couldnt find a 2001+ with good cables for less than 100 used. since i got the new one for 206 shipped NEW to me it wasnt worth fiddling with a used actuator although i wouldnt mind seeing if the cables could be changed if i can find a cheap bad actuator
^
That's pretty interesting. I have two set of cables from my 98gs. I'll do some research to see if they're compatible. Save you some bucks from buying new.
Old 07-23-10, 02:06 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

^
That's pretty interesting. I have two set of cables from my 98gs. I'll do some research to see if they're compatible. Save you some bucks from buying new.
already bought a new one.....i would be interested in buying the cables though before i remove mine though and then maybe i could sell OP mine....if OP doesnt want them as this is his thread.

if OP doesnt want the cables, PM me i will buy them
Old 07-23-10, 04:29 PM
ThaPhenom
Rookie

If the cables are the same, then I'll take them. I just thought they were different in the 98-00.
All I need is the cables as mine broke on the front driver side lock.

Last edited by ThaPhenom; 07-23-10 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 07-23-10, 04:35 PM
tamtanium
Driver School Candidate

I will definitely take some pictures of the cables this weekend and post them up here. So you guys can compare with the ones you have.
Old 07-23-10, 05:01 PM
aristotle
Rookie

OT, but the way you mentioned it is there a possibility that it is not always the motor that craps out but rather the cables that break if your actuator stops working?
also, if you don't mind where did you get new actuators for such a good price?
Old 07-23-10, 05:56 PM
CleanGS4
Pole Position

no to take over thread but my passenger side is going bad to do but i'm 98 so if someone have it holla at me... i don't even know if my motor is bad or do i need cables lol! it just happen 2 days ago lol!
Old 07-24-10, 10:18 PM
I.B.dAt.Fo
Pole Position

CleanGS4 interested in your passenger side if you plan on selling it =D mines work but making annoying noises
Old 07-24-10, 11:38 PM
VIPTONY
Pole Position

98-05 are all the same. I had to buy all 4 door lock actuators like a week ago from a junk yard and they all work now. My car is a 2000 and i got all 4 actuators from a 2002.
Old 07-25-10, 12:00 AM
ThaPhenom
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDMTONY
98-05 are all the same. I had to buy all 4 door lock actuators like a week ago from a junk yard and they all work now. My car is a 2000 and i got all 4 actuators from a 2002.
If that's the case, I'll take any front driver side actuator, as long as the cables are intact. I don't care about the motor.
Old 07-26-10, 09:40 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThaPhenom
If the cables are the same, then I'll take them. I just thought they were different in the 98-00.
All I need is the cables as mine broke on the front driver side lock.
i dunno....the cables might be the same according to my local dealership and carson they are different. didnt bother asking darrell at sewell after that but im sure he could tell us.....BTW they dont normally change the part # if they the same even on a newer model

I will definitely take some pictures of the cables this weekend and post them up here. So you guys can compare with the ones you have.
sounds good

Originally Posted by aristotle
OT, but the way you mentioned it is there a possibility that it is not always the motor that craps out but rather the cables that break if your actuator stops working?
also, if you don't mind where did you get new actuators for such a good price?
my actuator still works....my cable broke. sewell lexus has them for that

Originally Posted by CleanGS4
no to take over thread but my passenger side is going bad to do but i'm 98 so if someone have it holla at me... i don't even know if my motor is bad or do i need cables lol! it just happen 2 days ago lol!
unless u taken off the door panels recently its probably the actuator.... i removed my door panel and broke my cable, i think you'll misunderstood me. the cable doesnt just break.........I BROKE IT

Originally Posted by JDMTONY
i'd have to see this to believe it...u sure they were from a 2002 or they just tell u that?as i said according to my local dealership and carson they are different. i didnt bother asking darrell at sewell after that but im sure he could tell us, if someone wants to PM him.....BTW they dont normally change the part # if they the same even on a newer model and the part # DID change from 1998 to 2001+

Originally Posted by ThaPhenom
If that's the case, I'll take any front driver side actuator, as long as the cables are intact. I don't care about the motor.
im with u, im willing to buy some cables to verify this even though i already have my new actuator in my room
Old 07-26-10, 11:24 AM
aristotle
Rookie

unless u taken off the door panels recently its probably the actuator.... i removed my door panel and broke my cable, i think you'll misunderstood me. the cable doesnt just break.........I BROKE IT
ah, that explains it!
Old 07-26-10, 11:30 AM
ThaPhenom
Rookie

Originally Posted by aristotle
ah, that explains it!
Same thing happened to me, except I made it worse by trying to fiddle with the cable and the housing. Now it's bent beyond repair.

Quick Reply: CA WTB Door Lock Actuator 01-05