**FREE** stock exhaust off 99 GS400

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 08:52 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default **FREE** stock exhaust off 99 GS400

As the title states, I've got a pair of stock mufflers sitting in the garage taking up space. If you want them, and if you have more than 500 posts on CL, they're yours. I prefer local pick-up, but if there are no local takers, I'll ship at the "buyer's" expense. There's one glitch -- the original bolts are broken off and stuck in the flange and will be have to be removed before you can install these.

If they're not gone in a week, I'll open the offer to CL members with any post count. If they're not gone the week after that, they're going in the garbage. I'd post up pictures, but you know what they look like.

e

Last edited by e-man; 11-14-06 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-14-06, 10:10 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't need them but am curious on why u insist anyone willing to take them off you to have at least 500 posts
Old 11-14-06, 10:13 PM
Parke10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if they arent gone ina week ill take em
Old 11-14-06, 11:18 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by e-man
As the title states, I've got a pair of stock mufflers sitting in the garage taking up space. If you want them, and if you have more than 500 posts on CL, they're yours. I prefer local pick-up, but if there are no local takers, I'll ship at the "buyer's" expense. There's one glitch -- the original bolts are broken off and stuck in the flange and will be have to be removed before you can install these.

If they're not gone in a week, I'll open the offer to CL members with any post count. If they're not gone the week after that, they're going in the garbage. I'd post up pictures, but you know what they look like.

e
Very interested. I have a WS2 catback exhaust that Im going to replace. Will it come with that x-pipe that connects to the mufflers?

How much to 94591?
Also, do you have pics?
Old 11-15-06, 07:37 AM
e-man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by olddog
I don't need them but am curious on why u insist anyone willing to take them off you to have at least 500 posts
Fair question. I'm giving these away for free, and I'd really like to help out an active CL member as opposed to someone who just came to the site looking for some free stuff. 500 is just an arbitrary number. You have 369 posts, and if you wanted them (which I see you don't), that would be enough posts for me.

e
Old 11-15-06, 07:40 AM
e-man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 49GS400
Very interested. I have a WS2 catback exhaust that Im going to replace. Will it come with that x-pipe that connects to the mufflers?

How much to 94591?
Also, do you have pics?
I'm not sure what an x-pipe is, so my guess is that these don't have it. It's basically the tip, exhaust pipe, muffler and the pipe behind the muffler with the flange. Each side is about 3 feet in length. I don't have any pictures handy (sorry about that). It's just a stock 99 exhaust with about 80k miles on it. On a scale from 1-10, I guess I would rate it around a 5. It's definitely in used condition.

I prefer a local pickup because I don't have a box to ship these in. My guess is that shipping to CA would be around $40.
Old 11-15-06, 08:15 AM
olddog
Pole Position

Default oh

Fair question. I'm giving these away for free, and I'd really like to help out an active CL member as opposed to someone who just came to the site looking for some free stuff. 500 is just an arbitrary number. You have 369 posts, and if you wanted them (which I see you don't), that would be enough posts for me.

e
i have 369 already , i am getting addicted to this site
BTW your response made sense.
Old 11-15-06, 09:57 AM
49GS400
Lead Lap

I'm not sure what an x-pipe is, so my guess is that these don't have it. It's basically the tip, exhaust pipe, muffler and the pipe behind the muffler with the flange. Each side is about 3 feet in length. I don't have any pictures handy (sorry about that). It's just a stock 99 exhaust with about 80k miles on it. On a scale from 1-10, I guess I would rate it around a 5. It's definitely in used condition.

I prefer a local pickup because I don't have a box to ship these in. My guess is that shipping to CA would be around $40.
Im not sure if that was what it was called. I just know that I took off the stock mufflers along with this single pipe that connected the mufflers to install my WS2. I need that pipe extra pipe after that mufflers. If it comes with it I will take it.

Let me know. Thanks.
Old 11-15-06, 02:26 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric, i'll take them off your hands, anytime......
LMK,
- Jake
Old 11-15-06, 05:33 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Im not sure if that was what it was called. I just know that I took off the stock mufflers along with this single pipe that connected the mufflers to install my WS2. I need that pipe extra pipe after that mufflers. If it comes with it I will take it.

Let me know. Thanks.
I don't have the single pipe that connects the mufflers. These are two separate units with nothing connecting them.

Here's the deal, guys. I'd really like for these to go to someone who really needs them. There is someone local with a minor issue with his exhaust who will take them, which makes my life easier, but if there's someone out there who really needs them, shoot me a PM and explain your circumstances, and their yours.

e
Old 11-15-06, 08:35 PM
csq860
Pole Position

Let me know. Thanks.
I think what you need is a Y pipe, I have one gathering dust but I'm in no way interested in shipping it, it's a big clumsy thing. However if you should find yourself in Arizona any time soon I'd be glad to let you have it.
Old 11-15-06, 09:03 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Originally Posted by csq860
I think what you need is a Y pipe, I have one gathering dust but I'm in no way interested in shipping it, it's a big clumsy thing. However if you should find yourself in Arizona any time soon I'd be glad to let you have it.
Hey you, what's the deal with hijacking my thread? I'm the one giving away free stuff here. If you have something free to give away, start your own thread.
Old 11-15-06, 09:58 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Hey you, what's the deal with hijacking my thread? I'm the one giving away free stuff here. If you have something free to give away, start your own thread.

Fight....fight.......fight.......

Old 11-16-06, 12:14 AM
csq860
Pole Position

Heh, sorry e, I was too lazy to start a new thread for a freebie, I only get motivated when there's profit to be had.
Old 04-05-07, 02:47 PM
92EGSi
Driver School Candidate

would these mufflers fit a gs3?

Quick Reply: **FREE** stock exhaust off 99 GS400