FS: Tein Flex Coilovers $650

Old 06-12-06, 07:32 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FS: Tein Flex Coilovers $650

Ok, once again listing these up.
I tried selling on ebay, but nobody wanted them?!?

Anyways, I want $650 FIRM for these. Shipping should be about $40-50 since they weight about 50-60lbs or so. Insurance will be purchased as well for $5-10. Payment will need to be thru paypal or a Postal money order.

These are in great condition and have about 15-17K miles on them. The only issue is that the pillowball mount on the front right coilover makes clicking/popping noises. It is a $60 service to get it repaired if you send it into TEIN. The noise does not affect the handling at all. Everything drives solid and firm, no floating around or anything. The noise is only audible when you go over some serious bumps. It does not need to be rebuilt unless the noise really bugs you. I was fine with the noise, but my parents weren't. Thats the main reason why I got another set.

I'm selling this set because TEIN takes about 3-4 weeks to rebuild and ship the parts back to you. Obviously I couldn't leave the car in the garage for that long since it is my daily car. I bought another set so I wouldn't have to wait. I had no idea that a used set was so hard to sell...lol .

Another thing is that with my new set set of coilovers, the same clicking/popping noise is present as well. It's just a bit quieter than the old set. I guess it's just the design of these coilovers that make them noisier. The Flex is a twin tube design with the bottom part being hollow so I guess theres less of a barrier for bumps/noise.

I rebuilt, cleaned, re-oiled, and re-greased everything. All the parts are nice and clean now and all the contact points have new lube on them.

Anyways, on with the pictures:

Old 06-12-06, 08:09 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was reading this post, just had a few questions, are there rebuilt already or does the person that buys this have to have these rebuilt? Also if someone was to buy this how do you send to Tein to have these rebuilt?

Sorry for all the questions
Old 06-12-06, 08:27 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Eh, sorry my wording was kind of confusing. I rebuilt the set...as in took everything apart, cleaned, and re-oiled. The pillowball mount can be "replaced" by TEIN for $60. I have not done this so you can do that if you want to. It's not necessary unless the noise really bugs you.

Basically you send only the shock absorber with pillowball mount attaced to them. Unscrew the bottom green tube, and remove the spring. You are left with the shock absorber and pillowball mount. Ship that to them along with a check/money order for $60 and they will return it back to you in 3-4 weeks. It's pretty straightfoward, but their turnaround time was too long for me. Thats why I bought another set and selling this old set.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 06-12-06 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-12-06, 08:32 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Eh, sorry my wording was kind of confusing. I rebuilt the set...as in took everything apart, cleaned, and re-oiled. The pillowball mount is "replaced" by TEIN for $60. Basically you send only the shock absorber to them. Unscrew the bottom green tube, and remove the spring. You are left with the shock absorber and pillowball mount. Ship that to them along with a check/money order for $60 and they will return it back to you in 3-4 weeks. It's pretty straightfoward, but their turnaround time was too long for me. Thats why I bought another set and selling this old set.

Ah gotcha, I wasn't too sure if you had already rebuilt these already...usually they say to have these rebuilt after 60k, When you send them to be rebuilt for $60 is that for all 4? Sorry for so many other questions.
Old 06-12-06, 08:35 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by alredxiii
Ah gotcha, I wasn't too sure if you had already rebuilt these already...usually they say to have these rebuilt after 60k, When you send them to be rebuilt for $60 is that for all 4? Sorry for so many other questions.
The $60 rebuild is for one pillowball mount. For this set, the noise is only in that one unit. The other three are in great condition.
Old 06-12-06, 08:41 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
The $60 rebuild is for one pillowball mount. For this set, the noise is only in that one unit. The other three are in great condition.

Ah ok, makes sense now...sorry for the confusion
Old 06-24-06, 03:44 AM
skeet94
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff you have PM.
Old 06-24-06, 07:51 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by vipguy
what year is it for
2nd Generation GS300/GS400/GS430
Years: 98-05

I'm going to rebuild this set so I'm going to relist later on when they are finished. Price will be a bit higer because of replacement part costs and labor.