FS: Tein Flex Coilovers, DFW locals = first dibs

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-06, 06:47 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FS: Tein Flex Coilovers, DFW locals = first dibs

EDIT: Pix are in Post #6. Price is now @ $700.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm selling my set of Tein Flex suspension for $700. I prefer to sell to someone that is local here in DFW so I don't need to deal with shipping (it's a heavy box ya know! ). I got this set from someone else 10 weeks ago and I put about 1500-miles on them since then. I think they have around 15-20k miles on them when I got them. I'm about to buy a second GS300(project car) so this one is going to be returned to stock soon.

The front right upper pillowball mount makes noise occasionally over big bumps. It is wayyy less now compared to before because I rebuilt the unit and added some custom gaskets. The noise does not affect performance at all. I can still take turns at high speeds all the time and there is no floaty feeling. Everything is very firm and solid.

I think the previous owner forgot to tighten the upper nut or something and caused some wear to the pillowball mount. According to Tein's pricing on their site, a pillowball replacement costs $60 + ship. So if the noise is really bugging you, you only need to send that ONE unit in for service.

Just to clarify...the other 3 units are in tip top shape. No noise, rebound is solid, no floaty feeling. The one unit that has a problem has no issue with performance, just that it makes noise occasionally over big bumps

If I'm making it sound like its a horrible problem, the sound is not really that bad. It's only noticable when you have the windows closed and radio off. Ever since I rebuilt the unit and put in the gaskets, the noise has been greatly reduced.I just want to disclose everything before I sell so nobody will come back and b1tch at me two days later

If you are extremely sensitive to noise, you might want to send that one unit to get the pillowball mount replaced before you install the set on the car. It will save you from having to pay 3x the labor for removal and reinstallation later. The noise did not bug me, my dad didn't think anything of it, but my mom was b1tchin about it everytime she rode in my car

Last edited by JeffTsai; 05-15-06 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-02-06, 09:58 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much was install on these?
Old 05-02-06, 11:03 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bighitbike
How much was install on these?
Didn't cost me anything since I did it myself. Air tools are a must if you try this yourself! I would say that a typical shop will charge about $100-150. Assuming $50/hr of labor. I did the install myself at home with only the factory jack (didn't have hyd jack, nor jackstands)....lol. Took me about 3 hours. I'm sure a good shop will be done much quicker than that.
Old 05-03-06, 09:55 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested then. Catch me on aim and we can work a price out....
Old 05-07-06, 12:42 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Bump...

Seems like there are no local takers. I'm gona pull them out and take some pix of it. Give me till tomorrow to pull em out.

Thanks!

Last edited by JeffTsai; 05-10-06 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-15-06, 11:25 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Ok, finally got the time to pull them out and take some pix. They aren't cleand up yet. Before I ship I will clean everything thoroughly and grease all the parts. I will also inclue a custom gasket for the front two coilovers.

Here are the pix: