FS: 9006 HID Kit for GS Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-05, 11:13 PM
vietnamese
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 9006 HID Kit for GS Foglights

SOLD!!! PLEASE CLOSE THREAD

Last edited by vietnamese; 10-30-05 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-23-05, 02:15 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

$150 shipped, i'll take any kit of yours. pm me if interested.
Old 10-23-05, 07:20 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

which color would better match oem hid headlights or if i upgrade the headlights to 6k
Old 10-23-05, 09:03 AM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$150 shipped, i'll take the 2700k or 6000k kit.. pm me if interested.
Old 10-23-05, 03:00 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The most important question is what kind of ballasts, who makes them as well as the bulbs?
Old 10-23-05, 06:15 PM
vietnamese
Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
which color would better match oem hid headlights or if i upgrade the headlights to 6k
8,000k should match the the 6k hid nicely, since 6k is more blueish.
Old 10-23-05, 06:20 PM
vietnamese
Driver

Originally Posted by skperformance
The most important question is what kind of ballasts, who makes them as well as the bulbs?
the hid kit is from china, the ballast are made in china, the bulbs are tawainese made, they said some are made in tawain and some are made in japan.

ballast is waterproof, shock proof, come with a shut off features if a fire was caused by the wiring or something went wrong. bulbs and balast comes with 1 year warranty. The kit is high quality and is better looking than some of the japanese manufacturers.

i will try to attached some more pix of the color output and the packaging.
Old 10-23-05, 09:57 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

hey im interested in getting 2 sets one for my headlights and one for my fogs.... but what would most match the usual hid kit's out there.... but most important id still like them a bit blue... and for my fogs id also like them to match... so plz plz plz reply quick... im very interested !!
Old 10-24-05, 07:01 PM
Alexus-Kia
Lexus Test Driver

$150 ???????
Old 10-24-05, 07:28 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So they have no name on them with all the pics you have you have no of the actual hardware?
Low post count and vague on details .........something does not smell right.
Either you are a vendor which is why you have so many kits or these kits are garbage like Mc Culloughs

or both.
Old 10-24-05, 08:16 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those are probabaly the ALPHA brands

EDIT: whats up skperformance! It's project91crx from thezcr.
Old 10-24-05, 09:30 PM
vietnamese
Driver

Originally Posted by skperformance
So they have no name on them with all the pics you have you have no of the actual hardware?
Low post count and vague on details .........something does not smell right.
Either you are a vendor which is why you have so many kits or these kits are garbage like Mc Culloughs

or both.
the brand is gthid, havnt got time to take pix, those pix were taken in the pass. I have a full list of techinal details, if you want info, email me. im not a vendor, bought these kits as sample and getting rid of it. which is why local pick up is avaliable to check out the quality of the kit for your self. i dont post much here, i have feedback references on other forums.
Old 10-27-05, 09:04 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Anything above 6000k is not worth considering. The output is actually less than that of the 4300K but the color is much more annoying to oncoming traffic. (I would estimate it to be at least 40% more). From everything I read thus far anything more than the 6000K is a scam.
You can also find similar types of this kit and it's claim on Ebay, (which these kits are a dime a dozen). The sale of these kits will probably always be around, (made in Asia), with poor design and quality!
Old 10-28-05, 06:13 PM
vietnamese
Driver

Anything above 6000k is not worth considering. The output is actually less than that of the 4300K but the color is much more annoying to oncoming traffic. (I would estimate it to be at least 40% more).

i agree, as if you know, the higher the k, the lower the lumens, therefore less output. I dont really consider the color annoying, it just more deeper but it doesnt blind oncoming traffic and such. OEM HID with projector seem to annoy oncoming traffic more than regular hid due to the projector shifting colors to white/blue/purple and sometime it look like they are high beaming due to the self leving and projectors

From everything I read thus far anything more than the 6000K is a scam.

HID is a brigther lighting, just because it has more color and less light doesnt mean it a scam. So philips new hid bulb 6600K is scam?? since it above 6000K????

You can also find similar types of this kit and it's claim on Ebay, (which these kits are a dime a dozen). The sale of these kits will probably always be around, (made in Asia), with poor design and quality

True they are many kits on ebay, but they are not all alike. so are you saying phllips, hella and osrams are all alike becamse it come from germany?? Since they are all made in Asia, japanese and china product have poor design and quality as well??

Please dont judge a product if you know nothing about it. if you dont have anything positive to say, dont say anything.
Old 10-28-05, 10:51 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by vietnamese
Please dont judge a product if you know nothing about it. if you dont have anything positive to say, dont say anything.
You right, I don't know anything about your "no name" cheap immitation knock-off product!
Comparing cheap aftermarket components with licensed name brand components both made in Asia does not warrant that they are all the same.
Very few, if any of hid kit companies are OEM suppliers of automotive lighting. Serious OEM suppliers do not sell non-street legal hid bulb kits. They make street legal complete hid headlights. ( i.e. Hella, Sylvania, Philips, Orsam.)
The kits in question you are selling are not worth the use as a foglight application on the GS.
2700K?? why even consider!, Sylvania 'Silverstar' Halogen have the same color as a factory HID (4100k white color) but does not have the same light output.
And the product you source (GTHID) does not even offer a 2700k kit!
As for the 8000K, and 10000K kits, this is just absurd! Higher temp is more purple-er and much dimmer, (not necessarily brighter) which defeats the whole purpose of utilizing your fog lights for visibility under extreme weather conditions. These are better use for show!!
Originally Posted by vietnamese
if you dont have anything positive to say, dont say anything.
Quite the contrary, Those on this forum seek this site for valuable information and references by others who are knowledgable and contribute facts. Which you failed to provide!

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 10-29-05 at 02:12 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: 9006 HID Kit for GS Foglights