ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   2Gen GS430 / 400/ 300 Classifieds (98-05) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2gen-gs430-400-300-classifieds-98-05-35/)
-   -   WTB: platinum series badge [and/or] l-tuned badge (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2gen-gs430-400-300-classifieds-98-05/143148-wtb-platinum-series-badge-and-or-l-tuned-badge.html)

suprasizenpnoiOLD 12-07-04 10:05 PM

WTB: platinum series badge [and/or] l-tuned badge

WTB: platinum series badge [and/or] l-tuned badge

i am looking to purchse either/or/both of the follow:

Platinum Series Badges [both right and left sides]

and/or

L-Tuned Badges [both right and left sides]

please PM me if you have either/or or you can email me @ josephlaroza@hotmail.com

you can aim me @ jlafashanikka

thank you!

svt5150 12-07-04 10:14 PM

Not to be a smart a$$ but good luck with the LTuned badge. A few members have one but have been looking for the other for a while. If you really want somehting there maybe go with a sport design badge.

suprasizenpnoiOLD 12-07-04 10:26 PM

i understand they are extremely hard to find. what do you mean by sport badges?

Neo 12-07-04 10:43 PM

Originally posted by suprasizenpnoi
i understand they are extremely hard to find. what do you mean by sport badges?
OEM Sport Design. The 02 and 03 GS300s had a Sport Design version with appropriate badging.

suprasizenpnoiOLD 12-07-04 11:30 PM

are there pics of these?

LexusPride 12-08-04 11:16 AM

I'm lost, why would you get badges that represent a version of a vehicle you don't have? That's like putting an 'M' on a Bimmer or 'AMG' on a MB, without any of the actual features!:egads: This isn't like adding HID to your car or a spoiler, it's more like taking off the 300 and putting on a 430 instead. Why???

suprasizenpnoiOLD 12-08-04 01:02 PM

i bought my ride with platinum series emblems and grille- the badges are missing. thats why i want to buy it. as for l-tuned, the mods are being worked on.

LexusPride 12-08-04 01:13 PM

aren't emblems and badges one in the same? Do you mean the lettering that is black pearl, because the only thing that says "Platinum" (besides the mats) are the little badges next to the wheel wheels.

Neo 12-08-04 01:40 PM

i bought my ride with platinum series emblems and grille- the badges are missing. thats why i want to buy it. as for l-tuned, the mods are being worked on.
So what "markings" do you have? There was a front fender emblem that looks like the middle on in the pic:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/genuine/lexus/goods24.jpg

The platinum series included "special paint colors, enhanced interiors, distinctive wheels and badging, and are well-equipped (read: loaded) with factory options." This series was introduced in the 2000 model. From what I am reading, you have a 99. Did the previous owner put on "false" emblems? I don't recall a special platinum series grille, either. What does yours look like?

suprasizenpnoiOLD 12-08-04 01:44 PM

maybe the PO did just add the black pearls and called it platinum edition. the grille is black pearl color to match the L emblem in the center.

Neo 12-08-04 01:56 PM

maybe the PO did just add the black pearls and called it platinum edition. the grille is black pearl color to match the L emblem in the center.
I think this is the case. I'd be interested to see pics of this grille if you have it. I'm curious now. :)

DrewGS4 12-09-04 06:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I admit I was once a badge whorre myself. Came across these brand new badges when going through my tool cabinet today.

Letsride 12-09-04 08:31 AM

Drew...sell your CL moderator the L-tuned one....:) I've only been looking for 3 years...:(

Cadd 12-09-04 10:57 AM

Neo is right. Platinum edition came out in 2000. Proforated leather and nicer wood.

On a different note, what do you guys of "downgrading" your car? The only reason I ask is because, when I drive to work, I really don't want anyone knowing that it's a 400. I would feel better if my co-workers think that it's a GS300 instead.

A lot of people that are higher up in the corporate ladder drive a "lesser" car than I do. I don't know if driving the "higher end model" will rub off the wrong way.

I think I will start a poll......sorry for the hijack.

Neo 12-09-04 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Cadd
On a different note, what do you guys of "downgrading" your car? The only reason I ask is because, when I drive to work, I really don't want anyone knowing that it's a 400. I would feel better if my co-workers think that it's a GS300 instead.

Just debadge and let them draw their own conclusions. ;)