WTB stock OEM trunk spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-04, 12:15 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default WTB stock OEM trunk spoiler

Does anyone have one for sale? Alpine silver preferred. Please PM me. Thanks.

e-man
Old 12-05-04, 03:37 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think TLW has a blue one for sale.
Old 12-05-04, 03:41 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that i do

going to do a search a post a price

just going to find 5 posts and find the average

johnny
Old 12-05-04, 04:24 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

How much do you think it normally cost to paint a spoiler to match the color of your car? I'm somewhat interested, but I don't know if I want to drill holes on my trunk. What if I decide to get another spoiler? What do I do with the holes if the new spoiler have different mounting points?
Old 12-05-04, 04:51 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Originally posted by Cadd
What if I decide to get another spoiler? What do I do with the holes if the new spoiler have different mounting points?
I can answer that one. YOu basically need to get a new trunk (which I did). The previous owner had a spoiler on the car and it was a cheap aftermarket one that just didn't look right. I went to get an estimate to have it removed and to repair the holes, but the bodyshop recommended against it. They told me that no matter how good of a job they did, I would still be able to see where the holes were.

e-man
Old 12-05-04, 05:02 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: WTB stock OEM trunk spoiler

Sent you a pm

Originally posted by e-man

Does anyone have one for sale? Alpine silver preferred. Please PM me. Thanks.

e-man
Old 12-05-04, 07:49 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the explanation e-man.

I see you're beginning to "mod" up huh? I remember reading about your comments a while back about wanting to keep the ride nice and soft (especially with the 16s). I was checking the wheels classified section and saw that you want to get rid of them.

Mind me asking what you'll be going with?
Old 12-05-04, 07:58 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Originally posted by Cadd
I remember reading about your comments a while back about wanting to keep the ride nice and soft (especially with the 16s).

Mind me asking what you'll be going with?
Cadd -- I did want to keep the ride nice and soft, but, to be honest, I really don't feel much of a difference between the 16s and the 17s (certainly not enough of a difference to justify leaving them on, especially because I like the look/handling of the 17s a lot better). Also, I thought the 16s would handle better in the snow, and the truth is they're very good, but the 17s were good too, especially with the Pilot Sport A/S's I had on them. The bottom line is that I haven't noticed enough of a difference to justify keeping them on.

By the way, I noticed that you acquired 2 or 3 sets of rims yourself (chrome, non-chrome, 16s, 17s). I think you told me a while back that you were sticking with the chrome 17s, but there were some small problems with them that you needed to have fixed. Did you get that all taken care of?

e-man
Old 12-05-04, 08:23 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I have the chrome 16s when I purchased the car. Then I got my hands on a set of silver 16s that I brought to be used for the winters.

When I look at 17s, I like how much better they looked, so I brought a set from Nextlevelcoupe. There's nothing wrong with them. It's just one of the spokes was chipped. At first, I wanted to get it rechromed.....but after a while, I got used to it and it really isn't that noticeable.

But now, I think I want to move up to 18s. But I'll wait until the right deal comes my way.

It's funny that you don't feel a difference between the 16s & 17s. The 17s definitely handles much better. Much better road feel. It also rides a bit harsher as well. The 16s feel so damn comfy.

But I'm willing to give up a little comfort for more performance. And I see you've chosen that as well
Old 12-05-04, 08:33 PM
e-man
Pole Position

What tires are you running on the 16s that feel "comfy"? And, what tires are on the 17s that you're comparing them to? I've got the Eagle GT+4s on the 16s (P225/55r16) and the Pilot Sport A/S's on the 17s (P235/45r17). Just curious.
Old 12-05-04, 10:13 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

On the 16s, I have Good Year Eagle LS (225/55-16).

On the 17s, I have Continental ContiExtreme Contact (Ultra High Performance All Season) in 235/45-17.

Definitely a big difference on ride quality.
Old 12-06-04, 06:30 AM
AUGuy21
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE:

You can get a pre-painted spoiler from http://www.spoilerdepot.com. I bought mine for my '99 GS and it matched perfect. Great prices too...

You can also obviously check Carson Toyota at l-tunedparts.com
Old 12-06-04, 05:19 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Thanks, AUGUY. Do you have any pictures of your car from behind? I'd like to get a better look at the spoiler. Thanks.

e-man
Old 12-06-04, 07:58 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How about one of these E-man?
Attached Thumbnails WTB stock OEM trunk spoiler-xxxxx.jpg  
Old 12-06-04, 08:36 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Yeah, I thought about that, but as you've probably figured out by now, I'm antistockaphobic, and I think that lip spoiler might just put me over the edge. I'm so stupid because I had a stock spoiler a few months back, but I sold it for like $100 because I had decided I liked the spoilerless look and figured I would never put it on. I don't know. Maybe I'll throw the 17s back on and that will make me stop thinking about this. It's funny because it's not like we all don't have more important things going on in our lives to think about, right? Talk to you later Chuck.

e-man

Quick Reply: WTB stock OEM trunk spoiler