Anyone interested in buying my '01 GS430?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-04, 09:49 AM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone interested in buying my '01 GS430?

I've just put in an order on an '05 G35 Coupe and will be looking to sell my '01 GS430. The car is crystal white with ivory interior and has navigation, Mark Levinson audio, wood-and-leather steering wheel, and rear spoiler. It also has L-Tuned shocks, springs, steering ECU, badging, exhaust, and 18" wheels and TRD sways and lower chassis brace.

As I'd noted on the GS forum, it was recently in a minor fender bender only involving cosmetic damage (front bumper, headlights and housing, hood) that is all being fixed by the local Lexus specialty body shop now. It should come out literally good-as-new.

I can't overstate how much I've loved this car. All you have to do is search for posts by me on this forum over the past four years for testament of that fact! However, I've gotten the bug for a manual transmission and a slightly less practical car, hence the G35 Coupe.

I'm checking to see if there's any interest in the car in the enthusiast community before I use CarMax or eBay to try to sell the car. I will be looking to get list value on the car which seems to be around $30K.

If you're interested please PM me.

Regards,
Scott

*edit*
I forgot to post mileage. The car currently has 52K miles on it, and I'm the only owner (bought from Sewell Lexus in Dallas in September '00). All service records are up to date and all L-Tuned and TRD installation has been performed by the local Lexus dealership to preserve the warranty.

Last edited by SCWells72; 11-22-04 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-22-04, 09:57 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

SC sorry to see you leave the GS family....but I understand the manual thing......

You may think about parting your mods seperately and put the extra $ into your pocket....just gives more options for selling the car. BTW what badging were you reffering to...... L-tuned? If they are ...I will take those off your hand right now...

Good luck with the sale.......LR
Old 11-22-04, 10:13 AM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Letsride
SC sorry to see you leave the GS family....but I understand the manual thing......

You may think about parting your mods seperately and put the extra $ into your pocket....just gives more options for selling the car. BTW what badging were you reffering to...... L-tuned? If they are ...I will take those off your hand right now...

Good luck with the sale.......LR
L-Tuned badges, yes, but I'm not interested in parting out the car. I'm pretty much planning to sell it as is given that it's all stuff under warranty, not third-party stuff, whether that's here, on eBay/CarMax, or ultimately as a trade-in (get less, but tax advantage on the new car is better). I'm not adept enough to uninstall the stuff myself and I would only let my Lexus dealer do it. Doing so would cost more than the difference, I think.

Anyway, yeah...I'm sorry to leave the community and the GS, but I'm excited about what's next. I wish that Lexus offered something like the G35C, and perhaps with the IS replacement they will, but for now that's the car that's stolen my heart just as the GS did >4 years ago...
Old 11-22-04, 10:54 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Well if you decide to sell the badges....I'm your man....(they are not hard to get off... ).

I myself just caught the bug and also bought an IS 300 5MT. Have fun with the G and stick around an let us know your thoughts.....long term reviews etc.

Good luck......
Old 11-22-04, 11:56 AM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Letsride
Well if you decide to sell the badges....I'm your man....(they are not hard to get off... ).

I myself just caught the bug and also bought an IS 300 5MT. Have fun with the G and stick around an let us know your thoughts.....long term reviews etc.

Good luck......
Yeah, frankly it's hard to justify because my wife has a BMW Z3 Roadster 5MT already, but I really wanted something completely fun as my daily driver...and of course I didn't want to give up the amenities afforded by the GS. The G35 is a great compromise, especially in the '05 form, because it has virtually all of the amenities of the GS but the fun of the 350Z.

I'll keep you posted if I decide to sell the badges!
Old 11-22-04, 12:53 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

I would love to consider yours once i sell my FX45...
Old 11-22-04, 04:22 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Hey what are the Miles on that car Give me a call at 702-376-1114 about it

Name is Chris Martin