WTB: Tein Coilovers (CS, HA, FLEX) etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-04, 09:11 PM
vulaevu
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Tein Coilovers (CS, HA, FLEX) etc

Looking to upgrade my 99 GS300 for a comfort ride. Hit me up if you know where i can get a deal on some used or new sets. Especially if you got one let me know. I will accept any Reasonable offer!

WANTED: TEIN Coilovers: Mainly the CS, but anything else is fine.
Old 06-21-04, 09:39 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The ride on the three are pretty different. You said comfort ride and CS which is a good decision. Getting one of the others, though, will give you a different ride. I think you should get the one that will fit your needs and not get coilovers for the sake of having coilovers. Coilovers are not inexpensive parts to have to do over. If you are prepared to adjust your expectations based on what is available, though, then good luck.
Old 06-22-04, 12:06 AM
kandygs400
Rookie

ive got a set of bilstein pss coilovers for sale...lemme know...changing toa new set up..only been on the car for 2 months
Old 06-22-04, 08:53 AM
vulaevu
Pole Position

Well then wats the major diff between the CS & FLEX ??? some told me CS are more comfort and others say FLEX is more comfort?
Old 06-22-04, 10:19 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by vulaevu
Well then wats the major diff between the CS & FLEX ??? some told me CS are more comfort and others say FLEX is more comfort?
They are 2 different animals. The Flex is not more comfortable than the CS. The Flex dampening can be lowered so that the ride is not as harsh but I found it to be too bouncy. The Flex handles like a dream though. The CS, however, is smooth and not too bouncy at any setting. You lose some handling but really only at the limits. On daily street driving, it is still very capable.

There are a whole bunch of write-ups on this so either do a search on the topic or open a new thread. I just touched on the highlights since this is a classified thread and not a discussion thread. This is a good one to start with:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=113963

I have my .02 in there too. If after reading the thread and others you still have questions, start a new thread and I can answer specifics for you. I've had both Flex and CS and can give you some info but my tolerances and goals may be different that yours, so keep that in mind.
Old 06-26-04, 09:35 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice TEIN promo video:

http://www.tein.co.jp/usapv.ram
Old 06-26-04, 11:45 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

For the benefit of conversation I went through the same decision not too long ago, myself. I wound up getting the Flex with EDFC. I have to admit that I was surprised, it seemed like the impression I got was that the flex's were somewhat harsh. I have to totally disagree, I am almost dissapointed, they are firm but no where near what I would call harsh. I leave them on the stiffest setting also, heck I could of saved money on the EDFC, I change it so infrequently. Before this I had H&R sport springs by the way, they left me with what I would call and almost stock ride.
Old 06-26-04, 10:56 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by morris
I have to admit that I was surprised, it seemed like the impression I got was that the flex's were somewhat harsh. I have to totally disagree, I am almost dissapointed, they are firm but no where near what I would call harsh. I leave them on the stiffest setting also, heck I could of saved money on the EDFC, I change it so infrequently.
This is where everyone's past experience and butt-o-meter comes into play.

When I first got the Flex, I did not think it was that bad either. I have posted the different factors on why I swapped them out on other threads so I won't repeat them here. Do I think the Flex outhandles the CS? The answer is a definite yes. Now that I have the CS, would I go back to Flex if I had a chance? The answer would be no. I just think the CS has a more balanced luxury sport ride and I can live without that extra handling.
Old 06-27-04, 04:29 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Neo, what type of roads are you driving primarily on. That may have a lot to do with it also. I have to say that most of my drivinng is on the highway and smooth roads here in GA.
Old 06-27-04, 06:20 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by morris
Neo, what type of roads are you driving primarily on. That may have a lot to do with it also. I have to say that most of my drivinng is on the highway and smooth roads here in GA.
Since the GS is my daily, I drive it everywhere. Roads are constantly under construction here in CA. Either that or they are in need of repair. The stretches where the roads are nice, there obviously aren't any issues.

I wish I was able to keep my Flex but for my needs, the CS have shown to be the better solution. I'm glad your location allows you to enjoy the Flex.
Old 06-27-04, 10:05 PM
vulaevu
Pole Position

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMENTS ON THE TIEN COILOVERS.. HOWEVER, IM STILL LOOKING FOR A SET OF EITHER FLEX OR CS.. LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE GOT A SET THEY WANT TO GET RID OF.