bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts
Default WTB: Front strut bar that fits Tein EDFC

Old 02-13-04, 05:33 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bit, the only STB that will fit will be an UGO STB.

I have a Rod Millen STB for sale if interested...but it will not fit with EDFC.
Old 02-13-04, 06:01 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Paul i have the UGO on my car if you want to see pic of it installed......I think it may be the only one that will clear the actuators.
Old 02-13-04, 09:18 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Let me ask a few questions for you today Paul. RMMGS4 has the EDFC with the RMM bar. I have to see what it looks like since he is running Tein RAs. For right now, I think it is your best bet and I see a couple of members wanting to sell.

The UGO on the GS300 will fit the EDFC but not well with the Flex. The rubber covers will touch the sides of the STB mounts. I don't think you want the car vibrations to be translating onto the motors even if it is dampened by the rubber covers. I was a little nervous about that when I had it. I don't know if you'll have the same issues on the GS400 but I can't imagine that it would be much different. Still, if that is what DrewGS4 has and it works well for him, then there you go.
Old 02-13-04, 09:36 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Neo,
My earlier post was a mistake...what I meant to say is that I have a TOMS STB for sale not RMM. RMM will work with EDFC as will the UGO.

I have the UGO stb on my car right now. I have never tested to see if the TOMS would work with the EDFC. Frankly, I do not see how it could possible work.

I had just about every STB on the car.
Started with the TRD one....had a tough time adjusting the tein flex settings. Moved on and got a TOMS STB, which gave me the ability to adjust but no room for EDFC.
Now I have an UGO and it works for me....but not as good as the TRD or TOMS stb. These 2 are stiff STB's where the UGO seems to flex just enough. Some people like that some people dont. Depends on the style of driving. I'm already so stiff with all my suspension mods...that UGO works perfectly for my setup.

So really what Paul needs is a RMM or UGO stb. On that note, does anyone have one available to sell to Paul?
Old 02-13-04, 09:49 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by DrewGS4
I have the UGO stb on my car right now.
Cool. So are you saying the motor does not touch the STB mounts (the red part ), especially since it tapers more than the RMM? I had problems with the Flex upper mounts since it has that extra protrusion on top. My CS is flat right there and I have nice clearance now.

If this is the case, then the difference between the two cars' engine bay is enough so that the UGO is better behaved for the EDFC.
Old 02-14-04, 02:30 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

do you know if the ugo will clear the 430 cover??
Old 02-14-04, 01:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Guys thanks for the great feedback!

Looks like ideally I should try an RMM one. There's another 'no name' one I've seen - JaimeCBR has it... looks like it might fit too. He got his off eBay but I don't see another one on there now.
Old 02-14-04, 11:11 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally posted by Letsride
Paul i have the UGO on my car if you want to see pic of it installed......I think it may be the only one that will clear the actuators.
Hey bro, can you please post up pics of your engine bay? I am also in the market to replace my TRD stb since getting the EDFC and would love to see pics of your UGO stb.

Incidentally I have the Cusco rear STB in my car, which I guess means I have to change that to the UGO one as well? Can anyone confirm that for me please?
Old 02-15-04, 01:13 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by Hameed
Incidentally I have the Cusco rear STB in my car, which I guess means I have to change that to the UGO one as well? Can anyone confirm that for me please?
What does the Cusco one look like? I have UGO front and rear and everything clears. As stated above, I had issues with the UGO/Flex combo on my GS3 though.
Old 02-15-04, 01:43 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Neo
What does the Cusco one look like? I have UGO front and rear and everything clears. As stated above, I had issues with the UGO/Flex combo on my GS3 though.
I am confused now..... I thought you said you did NOT have clearance issues with the Cusco/EDFC combo? If yes, I guess I need to look for the RMM stb instead...................
Old 02-15-04, 02:00 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by Hameed
I am confused now..... I thought you said you did NOT have clearance issues with the Cusco/EDFC combo? If yes, I guess I need to look for the RMM stb instead...................
1st off, I never had the Cusco so I don't know. That's why I asked for a pic.

I don't have clearance issues now since I am running CS. The Flex mount is a little different than the CS. I only had a problem with the UGO/Flex front. The rear is fine. BUT, DrewGS4 does not seem to have issues with the UGO/Flex combo on the GS4. I was waiting for him to confirm.

I hope this is clear. Did not mean to confuse you.
Old 02-15-04, 02:08 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Neo
1st off, I never had the Cusco so I don't know. That's why I asked for a pic.

I don't have clearance issues now since I am running CS. The Flex mount is a little different than the CS. I only had a problem with the UGO/Flex front. The rear is fine. BUT, DrewGS4 does not seem to have issues with the UGO/Flex combo on the GS4. I was waiting for him to confirm.

I hope this is clear. Did not mean to confuse you.
Sorry, I meant UGO/Flex combo.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion. I did not realize that the difference between your car and mine is that yours is a GS300 and mine is a GS400 - which would explain why you had issues with the UGO/Flex combo, and Drew did not (waiting to read his confirmation of that).
Old 02-15-04, 05:02 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Hameed, I can confirm everything works well in our cars. The flex with the ugo works perfectly. Has plenty of clearance to clear the engine cover. I do not use the engine cover. Its dead weight and slows the cool down of the engine. As for EDFC, I have not installed it on my car. I have seen where this combo does work so it wont be an issue for our cars. If you want to see a picture without the EDFC I will be more than happy to post up. Let me know.
DrewGS4

Last edited by DrewGS4; 02-15-04 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-15-04, 05:51 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Hameed, I can confirm everything works well in our cars. The flex with the ugo works perfectly. Has plenty of clearance to clear the engine cover. I do not use the engine cover. Its dead weight and slows the cool down of the engine. As for EDFC, I have not installed it on my car. I have seen where this combo does work so it wont be an issue for our cars. If you want to see a picture without the EDFC I will be more than happy to post up. Let me know.
DrewGS4
Thanks Drew for the clarification! Please post up a pic if you have one! Thanks!

Quick Reply: WTB: Front strut bar that fits Tein EDFC