RMM 3.76 LSD Diff. for sale

Old 11-20-03, 10:46 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RMM 3.76 LSD Diff. for sale

I am selling my RMM LSD diff. w/ 3.76 gears. It is in perfect condition, no issues at all..Im selling to go back to stock gears with my SC set up. I'm selling it for $800.
Old 11-20-03, 05:10 PM
LVgs400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry me again..

Just wondering if you got my last pm... how many miles on the diff and has it been serviced recently? Maybe a Nav swap/Diff sales package?

Thanks again,

Mike
Supramike2@aol.com
Old 11-20-03, 05:56 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Whats up, no the diff has never been serviced, but it barely has miles on it though. I dont know the exact mileage on it, but the car only moves roughly 500 miles a month(weekend car). The diff operates perfectly, I just want to try the lower gears with the SC set up to see how it reacts...only reason Im selling it.

Pckg deal huh! Its a possibility..PM me with your thoughts.

Thanks
Old 11-21-03, 02:20 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

come on fellas... spend some $$$ on the GS for X Mas!!
Old 11-21-03, 06:48 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
come on fellas... spend some $$$ on the GS for X Mas!!
I have to confess that I'm tempted. But considering the $1200 I spent earlier this year putting in the ATS LSD it's not easy to justify. Especially with the wife looking over my shoulder.
Old 11-21-03, 06:52 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

PIMP, I just want to take you off topic for a sec and ask about the LSD. Is 3.76 a numerically shorter final drive ratio? What performance/driveability gains and tradeoffs were there associated with this upgrade. I put my 20s on the 400 today and I can feel the change in gearing (spongier off the line).

Perhaps a small explanation would help sell!!

Good luck man
Old 11-21-03, 08:33 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

redgs4, you have the stock gears with the ATS LSD in it correct? Perhaps a trade is in order?

By the way, your SAFCII shipped out today via USPS. I have the delivery confirmation #, but its in my car. I will shoot it over to you in the am.

D....Im not gonna lie to you, IM not 100% sure about the ins and outs of the gear ratio. I will tell you this, the 3.76 gears make the car react alot quicker than the stock gears...your car will feel noticeably quicker. In addition to the quick response, you get the limited slip as well. Personally I do not see any negative side affects, all positive. If you search this subject, Im sure you will get the same response. In my circumstance with the SC, some people feel as though the stock gears are better w/ lsd inserted. Basically the reason being is the 3.76 gears make the car react so quickly that the tranny has a hard time keeping up on forced induction cars, resulting in bouncing off the rev limiter periodically. In a N/A car, there are no reprecutions at all. Personally, I have not seen that much rev limiter problems as of yegt, but I will be seeing higher HP numbers shortly, so it might come into play. Hopefully this made a little bit of sense.
Old 11-21-03, 08:53 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hopefully this made a little bit of sense.
For sure man, thanks. I know that in most cases if you go with a shorter final drive ratio, you get better response/acceleration but lose top speed! I have a lot of modding to do before I get to stuff like this, but I see that 20s take a BIG chunk out of the reaction time/downshifting in this car!!
Old 11-21-03, 09:12 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey Pimp, I found a old thread about the 3.76 LSD, I will summarize here and then post the link

1. The factory gearing is 3.23, and the RMM is 3.76 a higher number equals shorter gearing, which gives increased throttle response, acceleration, etc. It also lowers your topspeed BUT, because the diff between the two are so close (.53) the top speed limiter stops the car before you would even hit the theoretical lowered top end!!
NOTE: as you said, this mod is not recommended to those that have stock 16s, you will run into your rev limiter!!

2. This is a Toyota Made product that RMM just repackages.

3. As you mentioned earlier, it also gives you a LSD, which increases traction in all conditions and prevents one wheel from spinning while the other sits still.

I think this is great mod, hey PIMP just hold on to yours for a year, and I'll buy it!! LOL

For those that want more info click here
Old 11-21-03, 09:47 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Hey D.....thanks for the post...this shouold definitely help clear it up for alot of people.

Thanks again
Old 11-21-03, 09:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

TTurbo - Hameed wants this.
Old 11-21-03, 10:02 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Hameed...hollar at me man...you need the lsd for those cold Canadian winters!
Old 11-21-03, 11:06 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

redgs4, you have the stock gears with the ATS LSD in it correct? Perhaps a trade is in order?

By the way, your SAFCII shipped out today via USPS. I have the delivery confirmation #, but its in my car. I will shoot it over to you in the am.
RMMGS4 originally pointed me to this sale and suggested a swap. I'm looking for a few more 10ths in the quarter but I'd take a bath in an even trade. I'm afraid I'm going to have to let some other CL member have the pleasure.

Thanks on the SAFCII, should be fun -- perhaps I'll find a 10th or two there?
Old 11-22-03, 12:17 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

It is a pleasure to load the trans,drop the hammer, and the GS just takes off with very little wheel spin. The unit is worth it. Tractions improved and also acceleration.
Downside
Expect 1-2 mpg loss.

Whoever gets it will not regret it
Lee
Old 11-22-03, 04:15 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Hameed...hollar at me man...you need the lsd for those cold Canadian winters!
Originally posted by bitkahuna
TTurbo - Hameed wants this!
Hi Jeff and bit, thanks for the heads up!

Another CL member - Mike (SN - Hermosa) has promised to sell me his (for $600.00), but is travelling now and cannot ship it for some time, so the sale is on hold. However he said he would hold it for me till he can send it. If that does not pan out and you still have yours Jeff, I will just get yours (for $600.00 ? )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RMM 3.76 LSD Diff. for sale