Custom engineered SUPRA TT/ IS300 BIG Brake Kit VAILABLE NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-04, 10:35 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SUPRA TT/ IS300 BIG Brake Kit SOLD SOLD SOLD...

YO folks .. .i am now semi "sponsored" for brakes & reluctantly am offering up IMMEDIATELY for sale my custom Supra Twin Turbo front Brake setup COMPLETE with everything needed to stand your car on it's freaking NOSE!!

i took my porsche driving bro for a ride with the SC thru the canyons & he was literally BLown away about how good solid fade free & STRONG these brakes are!! he had to drive the car finally t o realise how good they are & could not stop raving about them...

they are in perfect shape & are dark blue with chrome TRD logos under the clear coat..

this setup comes properly broken in & seasoned & with actually, low miles due to the time my car has been in the shop for one thing or another or i have been on the road..I estimate...2k miles max..(mostly freeway commuting on these brakes.. .the pads are still almost half an inch thick & the brembo rotors show no discernable wear.

I am offering this setup for $950 shipped OR installed locally!
Installation takes 2-4 hours probably more like 3 & shipping will be xpensive due to the Rotor weight...

THe Installation includes complete installation of the brake systems & all
modifications necessary to install the bigger rotors & the Calipers. as well as brand new Stoptech Stainless steel brake lines FRONT & REAR as well as complete brake system flush & replacement of OEM fluid with ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid. thruought the entire system. The entire process will be done at my home...

With this setup YOU will IMMEDIATELY have KILLER brakes.. .NO bedding in & tempering the rotors/ pads like when brand new.. . this was already done with care and these brakes are ready to ROCK... as i said... if i had not just got a deal on new brakes i would not think about selling these.

SAVE BIG TIME $$$ over a "big brake kit" from ANY ONE else out there... & get installatrion also as part of the deal if you are local...

These are well recognised as some of the BEST OEM brakes ever offered on a production car...

If not local i can detail the steps to install these yourself... it is NOT that hard.. but it is alot of work.... and you need to be careful,.. after all it is the BRAKES we are talking about ... i have years of experience with all types of brake systems. i was able to do this fairly quickly & perfectly.
... having a brake bleeder system REALLY helps alot!!!.

Email me at edwardg@herbalife.com if i am slow to pick up PMs lately... jus' too doggone busy.

I also am sellign many other items as well..... they will be posted soon...

thanks for looking folks...

Last edited by edgy; 07-25-05 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-09-04, 11:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

by local you mean socal i suppose? just to help ya out
Old 11-09-04, 11:20 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
by local you mean socal i suppose? just to help ya out

DOH.. .yes .. . my bad.. .so cali local... i live in the north Los Angeles area.. "da valley"

thanks bro!

edg

Last edited by edgy; 11-09-04 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-18-05, 09:26 PM
black86
Driver School Candidate

did anyone pick these up? just wondering
Old 07-19-05, 01:50 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by black86
did anyone pick these up? just wondering

Long gone bro./... call LMW for a badass Big Brake kit that is about a grand & looks & works awesome
Old 07-20-05, 12:13 AM
black86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by edgy
Long gone bro./... call LMW for a badass Big Brake kit that is about a grand & looks & works awesome
will LMS specifiy which caliper they use? if i could get a hold of some adaptors, hopefully it will cost less then a G plus id do my own labor so its cheaper either way
Old 07-20-05, 12:22 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

come on man... don't go cheap on brakes for crying out loud..

They are too critical to play with, IMO you need to go with a proven setup & that costs a few bux more ... my parts alone for the Supra TT kit was about $980 PLUS all my time & effort in getting it all together & then 4+ hours to mount & install etc... overall I prolly invested 2k worth of time & cash into that swap.....

You need to consider your TIME & what that is worth to ya.. it adds up fast.... I believe it is more cost effective to spend the extra $300 bux & get a complete tested & proven upgrade installed for you Vs spending $600 or more bux on all the bits needed... & then "spending $1000" in time & effort to get it on the car.

& it is no secret, They use the 2004+ spec LS 430/SC 430 calipers.... & they fabricate the custom spacers needed to mount them & provide the proper new rotors & ss brake lines & uprated fluids plus installation.... you would have to source all that stuff independantly as there is no One stop shop for all that PLUS you have to have a Machine shop create the adaptors & that means they will need your car for a while to do all the measurements & fabrication....

the issue will be the adaptors they MUST be precisely made or...well.......... lets just say you dont want to be fuking around with mickey mousing your brakes....

this is the same issue we dealt with with the supra TT brake swap.... getting the adaptors is the issue... only place I ever found was a guy in canada who had a connection to a co in Japan who was making them..

good luck...
Old 07-21-05, 12:35 AM
black86
Driver School Candidate

just because i dont go LMS doesnt mean its cheap. heh. my friends mom owns a LS430. and i tell them how i might swap the LS calipers onto the IS and they ask why. because the brakes to them suck. granted one drives a light weight celica GTS and the other drives a dc5 with brembo ITR calipers (that i put on). all i hear are praises of the TT. must be the directional vanes as well as the 323mm diameter.
so do you not stand behind a product you once provided...?

come on man... don't go cheap on brakes for crying out loud..

They are too critical to play with, IMO you need to go with a proven setup & that costs a few bux more ... my parts alone for the Supra TT kit was about $980 PLUS all my time & effort in getting it all together & then 4+ hours to mount & install etc... overall I prolly invested 2k worth of time & cash into that swap.....

You need to consider your TIME & what that is worth to ya.. it adds up fast.... I believe it is more cost effective to spend the extra $300 bux & get a complete tested & proven upgrade installed for you Vs spending $600 or more bux on all the bits needed... & then "spending $1000" in time & effort to get it on the car.

& it is no secret, They use the 2004+ spec LS 430/SC 430 calipers.... & they fabricate the custom spacers needed to mount them & provide the proper new rotors & ss brake lines & uprated fluids plus installation.... you would have to source all that stuff independantly as there is no One stop shop for all that PLUS you have to have a Machine shop create the adaptors & that means they will need your car for a while to do all the measurements & fabrication....

the issue will be the adaptors they MUST be precisely made or...well.......... lets just say you dont want to be fuking around with mickey mousing your brakes....

this is the same issue we dealt with with the supra TT brake swap.... getting the adaptors is the issue... only place I ever found was a guy in canada who had a connection to a co in Japan who was making them..

good luck...
Old 07-21-05, 02:03 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by black86
so do you not stand behind a product you once provided...?
Sorry man no offense meant...

& regarding your question...Hmmm not at all,... at the time & even now i think the Supra setup rocked hard. & technically you can get used SupraTT calipers & save some cash fro mwhat i spent... . takign the overall cost down to perhaps $ 650 $700 bux plus your time & efforts etc.... i went with all brand new stuff when i did this so i paid a bit more.

But after testing both setups back to back I prefer the looks & performancve of the LMW kit instead....

the calipers are lighter so you lose some unsprung weight...suspension should react faster & better to the road as well as to adjustments made on theTein Flex etc....

they are bigger as well so that extra material acts as a slight heat sink to help draw heat out of the rotor & dissipate it better....

I never got around to comparing the piston bore sizes etc before i sold this kit....but i think they are pretty close. The 430 caliper pads are actually a bit bigger i think than the TT caliper pads are .. so even with a slightly smaller rotor.. (i think 4/5mm smaller than the TT rotor at most)... these brakes kick *** & perform exactly the same for almost the same amount of money & MUCH less money overall when I factor in MY time & what it took me to gather all the parts from different sources & then get it all installed.....Vs just dropping the car off at LMW & pickin' it up 3 hours later & writing a check.

good luck bro let us see what you come up with if you DIY it....

Last edited by edgy; 07-21-05 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-22-05, 09:44 AM
black86
Driver School Candidate

*edit. found out that the 430 calipers might be monoblock caliper. since the kit ive seen, that uses the 430 caliper, resembles the same one used for the trd kit. but with more material. this might be due to the fact that its for the CELSIOR (our LS430) while our LS430 calipers look more like the trd monoblock caliper. so if they are the same caliper, meaning its made of aluminum. they are about twice a light as the supra calipers. which then i can agree with edgy and say these ****s are light. and if they use a bracket, to extend the caliper out, like the TRD kit, and night-pager's kit, then well you can use a 323 rotor and have the supra TT directional vane rotors mated with these calipers. so im curious if the ls430 calipers are the same as the TRD monoblock calipers. edgy can you comfirm this?

Sorry man no offense meant...
none taken

& regarding your question...Hmmm not at all,... at the time & even now i think the Supra setup rocked hard. & technically you can get used SupraTT calipers & save some cash fro mwhat i spent... . takign the overall cost down to perhaps $ 650 $700 bux plus your time & efforts etc.... i went with all brand new stuff when i did this so i paid a bit more.
yeah i wouldnt question these brakes if they are reguarded as one of the top OE brakes on a japanese manufactured car. also if they were used to stop a 320hp 315lb/ft car that weights 3,500 lbs. i know the LS430 is more around 2tons! so im sure the extra 500 lbs make for an undesired feel. well if parts are available new, i can get everything (minus pads) for 600-650... new. thats rotors, calipers, shims, clips and pins. and if i have to buy used calipers, rebuild kits cost no more than 20 bucks a side.

But after testing both setups back to back I prefer the looks & performancve of the LMW kit instead....

the calipers are lighter so you lose some unsprung weight...suspension should react faster & better to the road as well as to adjustments made on theTein Flex etc....
are the calipers lighter? they look to be the same... sorry off topic here but, as far as unspuing weight, the flex arent so light! compared to CS, RA and the RS that are aluminum bodied but i like the dual adjustment of the flex. im also still researching on coilovers. its gonna take a while to get it on the track, but its been 100+ degree's here and i live an hr from willowsprings. so im in no hurry, maybe around sept/nov the car will be ready

they are bigger as well so that extra material acts as a slight heat sink to help draw heat out of the rotor & dissipate it better....
so lighter and bigger caliper? i see. im just curious as to why you're backing the LMS brake kit, that goes the LS caliper route. is it because your car was the test mule and they gave you a discount? i know not everyone works on their cars, like you did with the supra TT swap and like what i will do when i source all the TT parts. so i would recommend LMS' kit too if the kit included TT calipers, to use TT rotors, which have directional vanes... IF their car saw track time. if not, and they just want a nice big brake kit, i suppose LMS is an option and for around a G, thats not bad.

I never got around to comparing the piston bore sizes etc before i sold this kit....but i think they are pretty close. The 430 caliper pads are actually a bit bigger i think than the TT caliper pads are .. so even with a slightly smaller rotor.. (i think 4/5mm smaller than the TT rotor at most)... these brakes kick *** & perform exactly the same for almost the same amount of money & MUCH less money overall when I factor in MY time & what it took me to gather all the parts from different sources & then get it all installed.....Vs just dropping the car off at LMW & pickin' it up 3 hours later & writing a check.
yeah i can vouch for the simplicity of it and time that it will take. and like i said, for the price, (with labor) i think the LMS is a steal.

good luck bro let us see what you come up with if you DIY it....
thanks man. so do you still hit up streets? i need another set of wheels and tires, some nice coils, and some brake pads. ive cooked the stock ones a few times on some canyon runs. thats why im looking for a different route. maybe pads will be a cheap quick fix... we'll see.

Last edited by black86; 07-22-05 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-25-05, 10:47 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

hey bro

I do believe the LMW calipers are a monoblock style unit.. . as opposed tothe Supra caliper that is a Two piece caliper.. bolted together.. .One half of the Supra caliper is steel & the other half (outer) is alloy I am pretty sure the LMW calipers are definitely considerably lighter than the Supra TT calipers. i cannot confirm that these are the same as a " TRD MONOBLOCK" caliper as i have not seen thiose i do not think.. i only had experience with the brand new set of Supra TT calipers i built my old setup around.

I assume you can definitely get either the supra TT calipers or the LS430 calipers used for much less & then the only trick would be gettign the adaptors made to relocate the calipers out from the hub to accomodate the bigger rotor...

I too appreciate the adjustability of the flex..& the other alloy bodied shox i looked at were pricey & more focused on agressive driving .. . while I do track the car & drive the hell out of it, I also drive it daily to & from work 80 miles.... so i needed to compromise.

I am looking forward to my next track day soon.. i prefer the Streets of willow right now as i am still developing my understanding of the cars suspension & capabilities/limits plus my own on a track & the speeds are a bit lower at SOW...

as for why i am backin this setup... i paid for it but steve asked me to run it whe nwe began workign on my car & testign the SC kits.... i got a good deal on it but it still cost, me... & knowing what i went thru... it took me over 3 months to gather all the parts & do the research & take the measurements & locate all the litle bits & pieces i would need in my spare time to build this Supra TT kit.. .Including the wait time for parts from japan & the delays in getting ahold of the guy who sourced the adaptors etc... basically i believe that the LMW kit is as good or better.. .better because it produces the same level of performance if not slightly better & weighs less. The only drawback I really see is that there are dozens & dozens of options available for Supra TT pads & not as many at all available for the LS 430 calipers. LMW uses the Akebono pads.. . solid performers & low dust but NOT as agressive bite & performance as the Axxis Delux or Ultimates etc.... i feel that for a general owner who is not a DIY guy.. .thsi is the best option out there right now period for a substantial Brake system upgrade for around a thousand bux or so... plus the " NO Hassle" benefit to dropping the car off & pickign it up later with badass brakes all dialed & ready to go is worth it.

Basically, If they had this kit available BEFORE i started on my personal upgrade with the Supra Setup.. I would never have bothered with it., i would have had Steve pop these on for me instead & saved my self a BUNCH of time & hassles.
& actually this LMW brake upgrade package was developed on another car or two.. pretty much at the same time i was putting together my Supra TT kit....I guess Steve saw my TT kit & then had ideas on how to use that big *** lightweight LS430 caliper for a brake upgrade kit of his own wit a few solid benefits...

Later Man!!

Last edited by edgy; 07-25-05 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-28-05, 04:04 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

just a bit random here, but the LMW brakes remind of the LS400 calipers.
Old 07-28-05, 04:39 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

u are CORRECT my man!!!

good call.