Toyota Reports Strong June Sales, Sets Second-Quarter and First-Half Sales Records

By -

07/01/2005 Torrance, Calif.

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported its best-ever first-half sales in 48 years of business in the U.S. with calendar-year-to-date (CYTD) sales of 1,114,070. June sales of 194,875, an increase of 10.0 percent over last June, contributed to a record-setting second quarter, with sales of 606,834 units.

"June's robust sales reflect a strong market driven by rising consumer confidence and good values in the showroom," said Jim Press, TMS president and COO. "Our fuel-efficient product strategy continues to pay dividends."

The Toyota Division posted its best-ever June with sales of 168,832, up 10.2 percent. The Lexus Division reported best-ever June sales with 26,043 units sold, an increase of 8.6 percent.

Toyota Division passenger cars recorded best-ever June sales of 96,755, up 12.5 percent over the same period last year. The all-new 2005 Avalon full-size sedan enjoyed sales of 9,134, up 183.1 percent. The Prius gas-electric hybrid mid-size sedan posted best-ever June sales of 9,622, an increase of 119.3 percent.

Toyota Division light truck sales were up 7.3 percent, with a best-ever June total of 72,077 units. Light truck sales were led by the Sienna van with best-ever June sales of 15,327, up 7.7 percent over the same period last year. The Highlander Hybrid gas-electric mid-size SUV launched June 6 and reported sales of 2,869 units for the month. The Highlander and Highlander Hybrid enjoyed combined June sales of 13,029, up 15.0 percent. Tundra full-size pickup sales rose 10.3 percent with 10,212 units sold, while RAV4 compact SUV sales were at 6,489, up 11.9 percent.

June marked Scion's two-year sales anniversary. Scion reported best-ever June sales with 12,859 units sold. The tC sports coupe, which debuted last summer, led the way with 6,706 units sold.

Lexus passenger cars posted strong June sales with 12,820 units, an increase of 10.7 percent. Sales momentum continued following the late February launch of the all-new 2006 GS 300 and GS 430 luxury performance sedans. The GS 300 had sales of 2,701, an increase of 341.7 percent, while the GS 430 posted sales of 616, an increase of 370.1 percent.

Lexus Division light trucks produced best-ever June sales with 13,223 units, up 6.5 percent. The 2006 RX 400h, launched in April as the world's first luxury hybrid vehicle, reported sales of 2,605 units for the month. The RX 330 and RX 400h enjoyed combined June sales of 10,015 units, an increase of 9.9 percent.

Sales of North American-built vehicles accounted for 61.9 percent of total June sales. There were 26 selling days this sales month compared to 25 last June.


Credit: Lexus USA

Comments ()