Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

19 inch Lowenhart BS5 Super Crystal in perfect condition

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-03, 12:43 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: spare

Originally posted by Packet88
Will the Spare fit in the rear spare location?

I know when you upsize wheels for SUV's you often can't put the original spare on the ride, unless you want to drive lop-sided....

Can you survive with the original spare if one of the rims went out???
I'll try to see if the spare fits in the rear spare location. I think it might. If i get a chance to try it, i'll take a picture. The rims overall is not MUCH larger..so i dont know why it wouldn't fit.
Bluelex, any reason you're saying it wouldn't fit? I have not done it before so maybe you know something that I don't.

I dont know if you would be too much lop-sided either...overall wheel diameter has not significanlty increased. I think it would be safe to drive with the original spare.

Packet88, are you interested?
Old 05-26-03, 12:49 PM
Packet88
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: spare

Originally posted by GS4fun
I'll try to see if the spare fits in the rear spare location. I think it might. If i get a chance to try it, i'll take a picture. The rims overall is not MUCH larger..so i dont know why it wouldn't fit.
Bluelex, any reason you're saying it wouldn't fit? I have not done it before so maybe you know something that I don't.

I dont know if you would be too much lop-sided either...overall wheel diameter has not significanlty increased. I think it would be safe to drive with the original spare.

Packet88, are you interested?
I am definitely interested, I am awaiting an TEIN Coilover decision before I get new wheels.

Plus I've bent the hell out of my rims for my other two cars in Chicago. I've had to drop a lot of $$ to get rims fixed......got any idea on how these rims will perform on potholes and etc...?
Old 05-26-03, 12:57 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: spare

Originally posted by Packet88
I am definitely interested, I am awaiting an TEIN Coilover decision before I get new wheels.

Plus I've bent the hell out of my rims for my other two cars in Chicago. I've had to drop a lot of $$ to get rims fixed......got any idea on how these rims will perform on potholes and etc...?
I've had my share of wheels over the years. Some rims definately hold up better then others. The cheapo rims tend to underperform when it comes to holding up to potholes etc. I've had a set of Mahdi Caesar's which were horrible and were always bending.

I've had a couple of sets of HRE's before and drove around in the tri state area. No damage whatsover. It is my belief that Lowenharts are an equivalent quality type of rim and should perform just as well. Of course, this depends highly on your driving habits and speed at which pothole is taken...but on average these should do very very well.

With this set, you get a fifth rim (8.5" wide) , so in case you do get one of the front rims damaged (8.5 inch) you could still enjoy your rims while the 5th one is being repaired (rotate). The front rims are always more prone to damage anyway.
Old 05-26-03, 01:48 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: spare

[QUOTE]

well, the wheel will fi in the spare location but the cocer rug will not lay flat, thats what i meant, if u don't care about than u can put it in the spare space..

as far as bending i agree with gs4fun, good quality wheels like these lowenharts will not bend fast or easy, plus these wheels have a good amount of rubber, look at the pic, good rubber. i've seen lower profile on 19's ,so thesetires will protect u more.

good luck
good deal
Old 05-30-03, 03:16 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

SOLD!