Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

19" Lowenhart BR5's

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-03, 01:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

LIGHTBEING - I've just sent you a PM with some 'advice' rather than post here, but I think you'll need to be more flexible and don't react negatively to offers, even if they're not what you want.
Old 05-10-03, 04:03 PM
LIGHTBEING
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks but no thanks for the advice.....The price is $2800 firm and is a good price IMO. The only offer I was negative towards was a low ball offer and on the border line of an insult, plus he changed his name, that should say something
Old 05-10-03, 05:32 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow - Bit tries to help you with advice, who BTW has over 5000 posts, and has been on CL since before dirt, yet, you've been here how long, and with 51 posts, 95% are which you trying to sell your rims, and you brush him off like yesterday's news. Almost 2500 views, and still no sale. I'd feel sorry for you if your attitude wasn't so poor.
Old 05-10-03, 06:24 PM
LIGHTBEING
Rookie

What are you guys talking about? I don't think any of my responses were negative or rude in anyway. bitkahuna PM's me and tells me my price is unrealistic and that I'm being rude to the members? The only person I might have been a little rude to was TEDSMOOTH, which BTW low balled me plus changed his name.

WTF? I'm not asking anyone to feel sorry for me? I didn't mean to brush off bitkahuna. But just about everything in his PM was invalid. Geesh, how the hell did this thread get turned into this? I'm just trying to sell wheels here people. I'm not trying to rip people off or be unreasonable. I don't even know where, why, how that idea came about?

Here is his PM and my response:

I was gonna post this in the forum, but figured it would be better to tell you privately...

I think you're being unrealistic about your price. I'm sure you're upset at the shop that sold you the wheels, but sometimes you have to sell at a loss and just move on, and just consider it an expensive lesson.

You're also rude to people who make offers. Even if you don't like the offers, you should be respectful to people who make offers even if you don't like the offer. Say something like "thanks for the offer, but I really need this amount for them so I can get the new rims I need."

You also need to decide how long you want to wait. Maybe you should at least negotiate with those that make offers via PM. If someone offers $2000 and you want $2800, send them a PM and say $2400 firm or something. It's worth a shot.

But here's some other things for you to consider. Many on here want a staggered setup for one thing, plus, I'm assuming your rims aren't hub centric for a Lexus and they're not high disc. If you're selling without tires, I think you need to come down on price.

I got my previous set of JDM high quality wheels (WEDS) with tires for $2300.

Thanks for you input but I just don't see where you're coming from. In my thread I am professional and polite as possible and I try to say thanks and no thanks as often as I can. I'm not being unrealistic about the price. And I'm already selling them for a loss. Also, I came down on the price and included the shipping. Plenty of members agree on that price as well, So what is the problem?

Respectful? Who did I disrespect? If you are referring TEDSMOOTH, I have a realiable source that says he changed his name and is going around low balling people. Also I would like to point out that a few members PM'd me regarding the "low ball" offer and said He was being rediculous. And I totally agree.

I can wait as long as it takes....that's why my price is firm.

Yeah, I know many of the members here want the staggered look. I would too if I had a Lex but I got a few prospects and one guy that is really interested, I think it will all work out in the end.

Also, I believe the TL and the GS are the same Hub Bore size. GSWill confirmed that they would fit without any modifications. You may not think these are worth that much but I have to disagree, plus I had 2 interested buyers to pay up to that price. Like I said, many members here think they are priced right.

To put this in perspective for you. Me selling these at $2800 is a depreciation of 30%. And understand that the wheels were only used for 2 months. So, if you look at the numbers I would say it's more then a fair deal.

Thanks for the Advice, but No Thanks

Jordan
Old 05-10-03, 06:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Good luck. Lowenharts are certainly nice wheels.
Old 05-10-03, 07:12 PM
LIGHTBEING
Rookie

Thanks
Old 05-10-03, 09:11 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Lightbeing,

Arguing, and this type of behaviour is not allowed on CL. Please take these types of issues to PM.

Thread Closed.

MW

PS. Acura's and Lexus' cars are not the same hub bore.