Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

RacingAristo what a flake

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-02, 04:14 PM
pearlywhiteGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RacingAristo what a flake

Well boys the wheel buying saga continues,

I contacted RacingAristo on friday to buy his C5 rims. He was excited to do the deal. we arranged to have him deliver them to my house on saturday around 2:00. Granted it was an hour for him to drive but he said he needed the money and was willing to do this. (so i thought) Around 1:00 he calls and says some thing came up and can we do it later today or tomorrow i said today would be better. so we agree on 4-5:00 sat eve. I asked him to let me know what it looked like so i can make plans etc. (simple common curtesy) no calls all evening!! call him at 7,8, and 9:00 all i got was voicemail. i left hin a msg saying lets get it done tomorrow. no return calls all sunday. I am on e-mail only at the office so i couldn't check for any msg and com in on monday to get a e-mail from him saying" i am here by informing you that the rims had been sold. Some one called me on my cell and came over with cash and bought them." The problem with this story is integrity. If he had any he would have said to the new buyer i am sorry the rims are already spoken for. but he took the easy way out and didn't have the ball$ to call me and tell me.

What is it with these young oriental guys? They just don't have any spine. I have done business with older Oriental men and have the utmost respect for them and there integrity. But the younger generation has a lot of learning to do. (and growing up to do )

Unfreaken believable

Pearly
Old 09-23-02, 04:43 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Pearly, while I certainly agree with you that some of the younger folks aren't the best at handling things, I really don't see what his race has to do with anything. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but that type of rhetoric will get you a good hand-slapping from CL Mods.....and rightfully so if you ask me. A lack of integrity is a lack of integrity, period. Race.....irrelevant.

Sucks that happened to you, tho.

Eric
Old 09-23-02, 04:58 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hmmm interesting though!

I paypal paid a young (21 yr old) oriental man for a set of rims and tires for my Infiniti G20.... Only to find out the guy took my money and ran... and then re-advertised the wheels/tires/caps again on another forum!

Paypal, of course, could not refund me so I'm getting other legal means involved to get back my funds!

This makes me NOT want to trust young folks, ESPECIALLY YOUNG oriental folks!

hmmmmmmm
Old 09-23-02, 05:09 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Default Are people really this ignorant????

OK, here we go again. I'm looking for a set of wheels and checking this forum constantly, and I have to read BS posts like this..........ceboyd, keep your racist views to yourself! If the guy that burned you were the same race as you, would you have even brought it up???? Genius.
Old 09-23-02, 05:45 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys....

esp pearlywhite and ceboyd, i am truly sorry for your bad experience.

however, as a 35-yr old chinese american(or however people classify my existance), i am not sure if i am quialified as young or old. i do know one thing, there is always bad seeds in every breed. i lived in few countries of various cultures and have been raised to treat your business dealings with honesty and integrity. but, often times it also has to do with one personality. as i kid, i felt bad for taking advantages of others. and now, when people order things from me, i cannot sleep well if the delivery time has been postponed for reasons beyond my control.

young or old, asian or anyother ethnic group, you will always find people of no respect and consideration for others. looking at corp america now, CEO levels are composed of people from many different background. and you constantly hearing bad news about how certain accounts padded books which resulted in millions lost their pensions and retirement fund.

in this day and age, when it comes to business dealing, esp over the convenience of world wide web, you just need to be extra careful...

again, sorry that happened to you...
Old 09-23-02, 05:55 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw, i think this thread belongs in the lobby section...
Old 09-23-02, 06:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am a 24 yr old chinese, so i am definitely considered young here. so what? does that mean i am a coward who only steal money from others? i am not trying to say who's right or wrong about the rims story here, and i don't even care. but it really gets to me when someone is trying to start picking people by race. i hate this kind of discrimination. like gs4will said, there are bad seeds in every race. heck i have seen americans doing the same, and i have seen asian doing that. so that probably means all people in the world are bad guys.

i don't think i am a perfect person, but i do think i am honest and also treat people the best way i can, especially when it comes to money-involved business. and yes i am a young oriental kid.
Old 09-23-02, 06:34 PM
JYOO

Default ignorance

And its ASIAN, not oriental.

Old 09-23-02, 06:40 PM
Static911

I will get the last remark in before this thread is locked.

pearlywhiteGS400, it is very unfortunate that you had a bad buying experience from one of the ClubLexus members.

ceboyd, it was very unfortunate you were ripped off over the Internet.

On the flip side, I do not see why mentioning race or ethnicity needs to be in your post. But I do understand your frustration as things did not go as smoothly as expected.

Thank you guys for understanding.

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 09-23-02 at 07:06 PM.