★★★★★ Classified Forum Rules - MUST READ BEFORE POSTING ITEMS FOR SALE ★★★★★
The Club Lexus Marketplace is a great place to get a good or great deal on many items for our Lexus vehicles. We provide these classified forums free of charge and offer no-fee sales to our members as a benefit of Club Lexus. We have some common-sense rules outlined below that we expect everyone to follow.
New Club Lexus members may not be able to create for sale posts in the marketplace forums until you have met a certain criteria with minimum posts and time as a member on Club Lexus.
Anyone who does not comply with these rules will be warned and possibly banned from the classifieds or from Club Lexus. For your safety and the safety of others, please comply with the Classifieds rules and read the buyers advice at the end of this post. If you see anything suspicious or have a questionable sale sent to you via PM, please push the report a post button or contact a moderator.
Any member who receives negative feedback from a transaction may have their classified forum access removed without notice.
Club Lexus assumes no ownership or risk in your purchases in the Marketplace - the transaction is between you and the seller. Both buyers and sellers should post feedback in iTrader after your transaction is completed after reading the iTrader rules.
Rules for Sellers
1. You must post both a detailed description and an asking price. Otherwise your thread may be locked or removed without warning. Please do not PM the moderator to re-open your thread if it is closed because you did not post a price, you must re-post the item from scratch.
If you post a new-in-box item (with a warranty), you must provide a receipt at the moderator's discretion. This ensures the buyer is eligible for the warranty and also helps prevent price gouging and suspicious sales.
We highly recommend use of the 'location' title prefix (state code) when you post your thread to allow members to easily search for local / nearby sale items.
2.No eBay links or auction style selling. This also means no 'describing' an eBay item or item number, PMing links to bid on eBay or similar sites; sell it here or sell it there, not both. This includes links to auctions and sales of items simply linked to other sites. If someone you are buying from (or responding to a WTB) PM's you with a request to go to eBay or other site to bid on their item, please forward the PM to a moderator.
3. No spamming multiple classifieds forums with your for sale items. This means pick one and only one classified forum to post your for sale item in, even if it possibly pertains to several Lexus models. Please do not place URL links to posted classified sales in your profile or signature, that is not allowed on our forum.
4. High dollar sales. Members who have recently joined our forum or those members with less than 300 posts (regardless of join date) who post high dollar items for sale may have their threads closed or removed due to the increased risk to our members. High dollar items are generally those over $500 but may be set lower based on our classifieds moderator teams discretion. All members selling high dollar items should be prepared and proactive in offering references from other CL members who know them, on other forums, etc. This is referred to as a 'vouch', and the voucher must post directly and publicly in your for sale thread.
Moderators and members may ask for vouches to make sure someone who is known to our Club Lexus community knows the seller and/or has inspected the item being sold. Vouchers for high dollar sales are expected to personally know the member you're vouching for and will need to commit to be personally involved if there is any issue with the sale or product being sold. The member selling the item is responsible for proactively contacting the vouching member and having them post in their thread or PM the moderator who closed their thread requesting a vouch. Don't wait to be asked, as your thread may be deleted.
5. No bulk or volume sales are allowed in these forums. If you acquire items in quantity (bulk sales mean >1 item) with the intent of offering them for resale here, you are considered a dealer under this rule.
Some specific items have caused recurring volume sales issues:
No more than two sets of wheels with a value of >$500 may be posted in a twelve month rolling period.
No more than two cell phones may be posted in a twelve month rolling period.
No more than one set of HID bulbs or headlights may be posted in a twelve month rolling period.
No more than two pairs of shoes may be posted in a twelve month rolling period.
No more than one full car part out per member (see additional part-out rules below).
6.No vendors, dealers or service providers of any kind may post either individual or group buy items for sale here without the Administrator's written approval. Club Lexus approved vendor sponsors should post in the Vendor Marketplace forum.
7. No multi-level marketing schemes. Posting links that guide our members to any type of scheme that benefits a single member are not allowed. Peddle your free iPod somewhere else.
8."Bumping" and "re-listing" rules. You can push your thread up (bump) no more then 10 times total. "Bumps" from other members also count towards the total for each thread. Once a thread is dead you can re list it in two weeks from the last day you bumped your item (or the date the thread was closed at moderators discretion depending on bump frequency). You can re list your item 3 times total, after you must sell it elsewhere. This rule is to allow fair visibility to all our members selling other items in the same forum as your item.
9. No selling for a friend or posting 'found this' interesting item links unless authorized by the Administrator. You must personally own and be accountable for the condition and delivery of the item for sale
10.Prohibited Items On Club Lexus you can not list for sale any of the following items:
A) No bootlegged software sales. Anyone who knowingly buys or sells bootlegged (Warez) software or music through this forum will be permanently banned. This includes copies of navigation DVDs. Also, you may not sell Academic or NFR (not for resale / not for retail or OEM distribution) software.
B) No alcohol, tobacco, firearm, or any weapons sales.
C) No Pornographic (XXX) item sales.
D) No gift card sales.
11. No 'testing the waters' or 'possibly for sale' posts. Either you're selling the item or you're not. If you're not sure, don't post it here until you are ready. Please do your research on your asking price before posting the item for sale.
12. No price gouging While we don't expect items to be given away for free on our forum, the reason we have these classifieds is to help each other out. If you are lucky enough to have a 'new hot item' (example: Xbox 360 or PS/3 when first released) enjoy it. If you want to make a big profit off your fellow member, take it to eBay or to Craigslist and more power to you. We aren't going to enable your lust for profit by letting you post extremely overpriced items here on CL. This rule is enacted at classified moderator and administrator's discretion.
Rules for Shoppers and Classified Forum Browsers
1. No thread crapping. If you aren't interested in the item listed and asking a question about it in pursuit of a purchase decision, then don't post. It is poor etiquette (and not allowed) to post a "I have one to sell too!" message for a similar item you're selling in another member's thread or to link some random unknown person's listing selling the same thing on eBay slightly cheaper.
2. No "Dibs"; calling dibs means absolutely nothing. Who gets the item is the seller's discretion as long as they are not running an auction-style sale. They can reject low offers or even at-asking-price offers based on a number of parameters including first person to send funds, prior experience with buyer, local buyers, etc.
3. If you're going to make an obvious low-ball offer, use private messaging (PM). Maybe you'll get lucky, but spare everyone the drama of getting called a cheapskate in public. If you don't get a response to your low-ball, don't complain and move on.
4. No excessive bumping of other member's sales items. We don't allow this for a couple of reasons: A) It counts towards the total 'bumps' allowed for the seller and it isn't fair to them and B) The moderator team may come to the conclusion that you might be trying to drive up your post count by bumping/commenting and we may elect to simply remove all your classified posts. Please limit 'chit chat' in the classified forums to questions and responses about the item being sold.
Car Part Outs
There are two authorized vendors that can part out cars (Aliga and RJ Distrib). Other than the vendors, only established CL members with more than 500 posts and greater than one year of membership are allowed to part out a car, and only under certain circumstances as defined below. Part outs should be posted in the appropriate model classified forum, not vehicles classifieds.
a) Multiple vehicle part-outs are not allowed.... it's a one time event meant for a Lexus that is disabled due to accident or one you've bought to use major pieces on your own car and are selling the rest. Buying a car specifically to part it out here is reserved for the two vendors above. b) All individual part sales and prices should be posted on the forum so we know no one is getting ripped off by sales of the same item to other members and there is no auction activity. c) No price gouging d) Unknown / lightly known member part-outs: Due to several scams run on members, these are no longer allowed. Recent joiners, don't even try. If you've had problems following classified forum rules in the past your part-out may also be closed. e) Planning on buying a parts car and taking future orders to sell parts of it? Absolutely not allowed. If you can't support the purchase of the parts car for without the forum support, don't buy it or plan on pre-selling parts here.
Wheels For Sale
It is strongly recommended you post the following information about any wheels being listed for sale on Club Lexus. If you do not furnish this information, members will end up asking you these questions anyway, so please go ahead and include the appropriate details in your initial post.
1) For all wheel sales, please post photographs of the wheels to give the buyer an idea of the condition of the wheels and to identify major blemishes. Wheels are one of the most likely items on a car to sustain damage, so we strongly encourage this action on the part of the seller to demonstrate the wheels for sale are in good shape.
2) If you are selling OEM Lexus wheels, please state the model & year Lexus the wheels originally came on and style of the wheel.
3) For aftermarket wheels, there are standard pieces of information to include:
a) Manufacturer b) Age and mileage on wheels and tires c) General condition and list of blemishes, bends, curb rash and scars d) Wheel specs (size, width, face finish, lip finish) e) Offset f) Disk fitment (and known big brake clearance if info is available) g) Bolt pattern (this normally will be 'for a Lexus' but we have found this is not always the case)
Of course for all wheels, also list the asking price and indicate if tires are included (brand, size) and in what condition.
4) If you are selling a wheel that does not fit Lexus vehicles without modification (different bolt pattern for example), you must state that it does not fit Lexus vehicles in the title of the thread.
Vehicles For Sale 1) Lexus Vehicles may be offered for sale by all members, but no dealers or vendor posts are allowed. 2) Only active Club Lexus members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles. 3) Posting a vehicle for sale "for a friend" is not allowed. They can join and post it themselves. 4) Please post the location of the vehicle being sold in the title.
Please be cautious and use your common sense when buying something expensive from someone you don't know here on Club Lexus. If something' seems too good to be true, question extensively before you buy. Many of these rules will also be helpful to sellers.
Here are some easy-to-do tips that can at least help mitigate some of the risk. If you are personally uncomfortable asking for these items, we suggest you 'blame it on the rules' below to make it a safer transaction for all concerned:
1) Review their feedback in iTrader and in the buyer/seller feedback forum.
2) Ask for detailed pictures and condition description to be posted if not provided. Get full size, well lit images of the items and close ups of any blemishes to reviiew before buying.
3) Ask for a 'vouch' from another member for the seller or the item being sold if its of substantial value.
4) Search on posts by sellers to see what they've bought/sold in the past. Were there any issues other people posted about? PM somebody else who bought something big from them in the past to see if it turned out OK.
5) Do some research on the person using the information you have available. Have they been a member on Club Lexus long? Do they just sell stuff or do they really participate (so that people might know them better)? Did they post about having problems with the item they're now selling?
6) Request contact information from the seller and test them where possible (get name, phone #s, physical and and email addresses) to make sure they work as a way to get in touch with them.
7) Have someone local to the seller on CL check out the merchandise for you if it's a big/expensive item. Make sure it's what is claimed and in the described condition. If they'll do it, see if they will even see it get boxed up and shipped to you.
8) Insist on carrying full insurance on fragile items that are shipped. Have the seller describe the way they will pack the item if you're really concerned; request 'before shipping' pictures to protect both of you. Ship items with companies that provide tracking capability for the package.
9) Document your transaction publicly on the forum. If a seller insists on communicating only via PM or email be suspicious. If the seller does not post a 'item sold' once you've sent payment, we suggest that the buyer proactively post something like 'payment sent' on the forum so that if the seller has intentions of promising the item to multiple buyers and running off with their money that other buyers are alerted earlier. We suggest you 'quote' the original post of the seller so that their comments are captured and cannot be edited once sold to you.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
*** Click image for team info! ***
LS430 Ultra * PCS * ML * Rear Fridge * Massaging and Reclining Rear Seats * Vaistech SL-I * Coastal Lockpick
Tundra SR5 5.7 and BMW E36 M3/4 track car (wife's)