VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Warning - Black Pearl sells junk body kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-15, 09:32 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So Slammered who is doing my air and exhaust system had to put on the rear bumper in order to have the tips lined up properly, and he said bumper fitment is perfect....see pic

Old 05-27-15, 01:34 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow thats bad. My K-Break kit was a bolt on affair with near factory fitment. I was looking at BP but they didnt make anything for the 01-03 UCF. Hope this gets sorted. I kinda think some of the other comments about you possibly getting a knock off kit might be what happened.
Old 05-27-15, 08:05 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an order down from 2 months ago through Sam from Central Pine.
I truly trust Central Pine, and I believe if I do ever get a knock off( which it seems like what you got). They won't ship it out to me. And we'll probably ask for another one.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through this, and Black Pearl should stand behind their name. I didn't notice you mention talking back to them and asking for another one and just refusing to accept the one you got.

I truly hope you resolve your problem with them. It is a different country, a different language, but you should never accept something that is not what you paid for.

I will happily take them to international court if I end up on your end.

Good luck fixing it up man, and keep us posted.
Old 05-28-15, 06:20 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Well i went home last night and took pics of my front bumper and side skirts, rear bumper at the shop so couldn't get a pic of that one but it looks like you got a fake/replica as you can see in my pics the brand is stamped on the inside.....

Old 05-28-15, 08:44 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be a real kit but installer error? Most fiberglass kits need love before installing anyways.
Old 05-28-15, 02:58 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by geeznuts
could be a real kit but installer error? Most fiberglass kits need love before installing anyways.
OR

maybe the car was in an accident and when they repaired it it wasn't back to its exact original shape (example: had frame damage)
Old 05-28-15, 03:13 PM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True that ^^^^^ plus the little chip on the rear bumper looks like from the exhaust tip. Probably fell while test fitting. Lol shops don't always tell you everything
Old 05-28-15, 03:45 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the pics of the kit. i confirmed yesterday that mines has the same logos in the same spots.

japanese car parts companies are mostly run by the mob and there isn't much you can do when your stuff isn't right. my shop tried different avenues and approaches and they were basically like F*** off. i wish i had known this prior to giving them my monies and i would have gone with a more reputable larger maker like Aimgain.

lesson learned for me. i had a buddy go through something very similar here in japan with JP a few years back when they were much smaller, he basically was told the same thing...

japan isn't like the states, well what can you do in the states anyways but take someone to court, what if they live in another state? when you are not paying with your CC (it is rare in japan to see a shop or parts maker deal in CC, almost 99% cash and cash transfers) there is no backing from the banks like we or I have in the USA.

don't get me wrong, most japanese are more honest than some folks i've met in other countries, but car parts makers are ignorant thugs for the most part, or at least that is the image that they are trying really hard to portray. ask anyone who has been to a big time in-door car meet. it is funny to me cuz all the 'real' folks i've met that dabble in the non tax paying revenue stream try real real hard not to draw attention to themselves and seem more boring than a librarian married to a tax man
Old 05-29-15, 01:22 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Could be maybe you got a bad batch. I wouldn't go as far as to say they aren't reputable. As some have mentioned, some had good experiences with them. Did you ever check if your car was ever in a previous accident? Anyways I hope everything turns out OK for you.
Old 05-29-15, 06:18 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Could be maybe you got a bad batch. I wouldn't go as far as to say they aren't reputable. As some have mentioned, some had good experiences with them. Did you ever check if your car was ever in a previous accident? Anyways I hope everything turns out OK for you.
it is not easy to tell in japan outside of having a good eye and knowing what to look for if the car had been in an accident. there was nothing documented and no signs of any repairs or repaints.

not go as far as to say they aren't reputable eh¿ so when you call to report this type of thing and they tell you that maybe while it was in shipping that all this occurred. when they tell you that 'some' modifications are required (like trimming down a half inch on one side, lines not matching up perfectly, and the rear bumper needing to be stretched out almost an inch wider), and they don't even tell you that the shipment wasn't complete, then tell you it will be another couple weeks when you call to let them know that the shipment was missing stuff and they act surprised, when they refuse to take any of the blame and tell you to deal with it yourself.

i know i am very picky, i know this. but i do have realistic expectations in life and this experience fell far below my expectations (which aren't very high when dealing with japanese vip parts companies in the first place). i'm just saying i won't give them anymore of my money, unless i have to (a piece of the kit gets damaged, and i can't rightfully just buy a whole new kit from another maker).

i'm glad some of you are trying to stick up for them, or feel some sort of attachment to them (although not sure why). i just think i am going to cross them off my list of companies on my radar. i think i will write up my speech i plan on giving them next time i see them at the 2016 Osaka Auto Messe so i can get my point across.

but in this car game karma comes and goes and it is possible i had some negative car-ma built up myself so yeah, you win some you loose some, but you gotta have fun and learn in the process.
Old 05-30-15, 07:14 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Nah, I'm not on anybodies side, just playing devils advocate. Just saying there may be reasons why it doesn't fit. But in any case it's over and done with. I'm sure you'll sort it out and your car is gonna look sick when it's done
Old 05-30-15, 08:23 PM
Robles84
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sucks to see...something that you wait for end up being a disappointment
Old 06-01-15, 03:02 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

word. just saw it bout to be mounted and it was still very sexy. here are some pics

still a work in progress this is beta version 0.9 gonna have them spray the front bumper mesh grill inserts black to match as well as some other stuff turned black in the back... stay tuned.

Old 06-01-15, 07:54 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Still came out looking good and i do agree with painting the mesh inserts black....i'll be doing the same with mine
Old 06-02-15, 07:37 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

See! I still stand by my quote Looks Awesome! Its gonna look even better when the exhaust is installed
Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
I'm sure you'll sort it out and your car is gonna look sick when it's done

Quick Reply: Warning - Black Pearl sells junk body kits