VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Is it safe to say that VIP is the hottest car scene right now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-14, 06:20 PM
dtemple67
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it safe to say that VIP is the hottest car scene right now?

I'm not sure if I'm a victim of confirmation bias but i feel as if VIP is the biggest scene in the US right now. It may not have the most people participating and creating unique builds as other car scenes, but it has a large fan base. Most every car show has a separate section and judging for VIP cars. Even shows specifically for VIP like Black3. VIP is comfy, luxurious, ostentatious, and the ladies love that beautiful comfy interior complete with comfy cushions and pillows, tray tables for their froofroo drinks, privacy curtains, and nearly always equipped with the ever so popular sunroof. Driving to work and school everyday sure is comfy in my gs300. What does everyone think?
Old 09-05-14, 09:21 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I think out of all the categories, stance, street, VIP, etc that VIP is probably the most popular... Having a proper car that is done VIP is just classy IMO
Old 09-05-14, 09:30 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

i always loved a nicely done VIP styled car.. it's just too bad we can't see some rollin around everyday as many owners don't bring em out daily
Old 09-07-14, 04:24 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i definitely think it is gaining in popularity in the US but on the island of Okinawa (which got me into VIP in the first place back in 2003 when I bought my first VIP platform and didn't even realize so much that I was VIP'ing it out) in the last few years it is loosing popularity.

i can't figure out why the scene is dying here when just 1000 miles north in Tokyo it is booming. stuff is expensive but it has always been expensive. maybe something to do with the economy here i suppose and my guess is that it is due to a 3-5 year previous lull in the economy, so hopefully it will start to pick back up in the coming years again.

one thing for sure that has made the scene die a little for me here in Okinawa is that the ocean eats a little bit more of my car everyday and i am growing more and more tired of keeping up with this, time and $ wise. if i lived inland and had a garage that sealed tight i may not notice this as much.
Old 09-14-14, 10:46 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
..... here in Okinawa is that the ocean eats a little bit more of my car everyday.....
you mean the ocean water got into ur car everyday ? sorry, i know nothing about japan.
Old 09-15-14, 07:13 AM
SiCcNeSs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by masboy
you mean the ocean water got into ur car everyday ? sorry, i know nothing about japan.
the ocean has salt...
Old 09-15-14, 09:45 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

It depends on the area. In my area Stance is the hottest in the Japanese and Euro car scene. There have been very few true VIP cars out here.

The Stance scene got really big here since everybody can afford cheap Varrstoens/XXR's and throw them on their beat up Honda to be in the game.
Old 09-15-14, 03:35 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kira X
It depends on the area. In my area Stance is the hottest in the Japanese and Euro car scene. There have been very few true VIP cars out here.

The Stance scene got really big here since everybody can afford cheap Varrstoens/XXR's and throw them on their beat up Honda to be in the game.
yeah i would agree with this. ^ ^ ^

to me the stance game sort of came out of the vip game's popularity in the mid 2000's to late 2000's and since every platform can stance (some assembly required) i guess it was the easiest way to go and have a hip cool car .

i really want to do an audi sedan or wagon stanced/vip now but will likely have to wait until i move to a less salty location.
Old 09-15-14, 06:46 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by sojah
yeah i would agree with this. ^ ^ ^

to me the stance game sort of came out of the vip game's popularity in the mid 2000's to late 2000's and since every platform can stance (some assembly required) i guess it was the easiest way to go and have a hip cool car .

i really want to do an audi sedan or wagon stanced/vip now but will likely have to wait until i move to a less salty location.
An Audi would look pretty good slammed.

Stance does seem like it came from VIP like you said. The Stance scene is pretty whack out here though. Some of the cars are almost as bad as the old Civics with giant wings and goofy eBay body kits from the early 2000's.
Old 09-16-14, 12:28 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

are you actually living in tokyo. every time i go to osaka, kobe, tokyo, hiroshima kyoto etc... i see madd hooked up vip cars. what ward do you live in¿
Old 09-16-14, 11:15 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

the thing that been bothering me for quite sometimes are Civic/Corolla/Accord/Camry tried to do the VIP stance. I don't know what it is, I can't stand it. Whatever float your boat I guess.
Old 09-17-14, 10:36 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

funny thing is when searching in forums I bump into threads here, and on other boards with soooo much hate for the whole VIP thing 10 years ago. In 2004 most everyone thought it was dumb as hell. Now its so popular.
Old 09-17-14, 10:54 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Rice/ricer is the best scene. I have my 1989 accord with mad autozone stuff. I spent thousands putting vents that look cool, spoilers that look like my car is a racecar. Man a lot of people take pictures of my car thinking its a fast car because of the loud exhaust , spoiler and decals and vents.
Old 09-18-14, 08:38 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masboy
the thing that been bothering me for quite sometimes are Civic/Corolla/Accord/Camry tried to do the VIP stance. I don't know what it is, I can't stand it. Whatever float your boat I guess.
This, I agree on. I even had one 2014 civic with varrstoen wheels and curtains telling me that he's more "VIP" then me. I was like huh? I may not be VIP Certified, but I sure have the cars platform to be VIP. Funny guy..one reason why I don't go to meets anymore.
Old 10-09-14, 06:35 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

VIP is the most misunderstood....misrepresented.....and misinterpreted classification. Is it popular here......gaining, but not nearly as popular as the "Stance" scene, which I feel is ridiculous. Around here, you'll see 1 VIP platform/modified car per every 1,000 stance ricer. I'm going to throw up on the next car with a "Hella" anything or "Dapper" decal on it.....

Quick Reply: Is it safe to say that VIP is the hottest car scene right now?