VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Is it safe to say that VIP is the hottest car scene right now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-14, 01:12 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by sojah
are you actually living in tokyo. every time i go to osaka, kobe, tokyo, hiroshima kyoto etc... i see madd hooked up vip cars. what ward do you live in¿
I wish I was living in Tokyo.

I'm still in the U.S. I might move to Japan in a few years once I have a bunch of money saved up.

Originally Posted by masboy
the thing that been bothering me for quite sometimes are Civic/Corolla/Accord/Camry tried to do the VIP stance. I don't know what it is, I can't stand it. Whatever float your boat I guess.
The VIP styled Hondas/Acuras are everywhere around here. They all have generic Varrstoens that stick out way too far and a bunch of goofy stickers on the windows.
Old 10-12-14, 01:29 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by BBRolex
This, I agree on. I even had one 2014 civic with varrstoen wheels and curtains telling me that he's more "VIP" then me. I was like huh? I may not be VIP Certified, but I sure have the cars platform to be VIP. Funny guy..one reason why I don't go to meets anymore.
That crap drives me crazy when I go to meets. I always get asked how come my LS doesn't have curtains and bags like their VIP Honda does.

I just stay home now. The import scene is whack now.

Originally Posted by MrMark
VIP is the most misunderstood....misrepresented.....and misinterpreted classification. Is it popular here......gaining, but not nearly as popular as the "Stance" scene, which I feel is ridiculous. Around here, you'll see 1 VIP platform/modified car per every 1,000 stance ricer. I'm going to throw up on the next car with a "Hella" anything or "Dapper" decal on it.....
I agree with that. There are very few true VIP cars around here as well. The Stance scene is huge though and it grows bigger every year. Most Stance cars here are usually beat up 90's Hondas and IS300's with super wide replica wheels.

The thing that annoys me the most about Stance is the videos everybody shoots on their GoPros with crappy Dubstep/hipster music in the background. It seems like every Stance guy has their own club with a goofy name like Fitment Xpress or Stance Mountain.
Old 11-11-14, 01:14 AM
vipmikey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not "VIP" but more like the "stance" scene...
Old 11-11-14, 07:06 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vipmikey
not "VIP" but more like the "stance" scene...
Which is why I do not label my vehicles or modification style...... I just call it "Mark" style....

The only person I try to impress is myself........oh, and my wife......
Old 01-05-15, 12:23 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

it seems like far too many people are thinking that the words "Stance" and "VIP" are synonymous. This must stop.
Old 01-06-15, 03:18 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

you can easliy buy already vip styled cars here in Okinawa on many used car lots. half the cars i see that look vip styled (not aggressive at all), have owners who are clueless to the vip car game. it annoys the **** out of me when i give a nod or wave and they give me a strange look of confusion, or straight arrogance.

these cars such as the mark x, crowns (my car), lex IS/GS/LS, and various nissan/infiniti sedans can be bought already with many if not all of these common mods; lip kits/even full kits, lowered some either by coilovers or controllers on stock air susp, almost stanced wheels, side visors, mirror blinker covers, rear lip and window spoilers, exhaust tips or exhaust pipes, are just purchased that way by the owners who could care less about the mods or any other similarly styled car. it really takes some fun out of it for me personally...
Old 01-14-15, 05:00 AM
simondsw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sojah, I agree with you on the VIP Style. Most people here in the Tokyo/Yokohama area no VIP, but Osaka is where it is really at. I am looking forward to getting my car back to the states after 3 years and I have my LS400 Fully tricked out with VIP style. Right now I am just trying to get her into shape again.
What car are you driving and is it US spec or a Japanese Vehicle?
Originally Posted by sojah
you can easliy buy already vip styled cars here in Okinawa on many used car lots. half the cars i see that look vip styled (not aggressive at all), have owners who are clueless to the vip car game. it annoys the **** out of me when i give a nod or wave and they give me a strange look of confusion, or straight arrogance.

these cars such as the mark x, crowns (my car), lex IS/GS/LS, and various nissan/infiniti sedans can be bought already with many if not all of these common mods; lip kits/even full kits, lowered some either by coilovers or controllers on stock air susp, almost stanced wheels, side visors, mirror blinker covers, rear lip and window spoilers, exhaust tips or exhaust pipes, are just purchased that way by the owners who could care less about the mods or any other similarly styled car. it really takes some fun out of it for me personally...
Old 01-14-15, 03:30 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by simondsw
Sojah, I agree with you on the VIP Style. Most people here in the Tokyo/Yokohama area no VIP, but Osaka is where it is really at. I am looking forward to getting my car back to the states after 3 years and I have my LS400 Fully tricked out with VIP style. Right now I am just trying to get her into shape again.
What car are you driving and is it US spec or a Japanese Vehicle?
presently i have a 05 crown athlete that is vip styled. got 4.5" rear lips on air cup suspension, with about 1/2" tire showing rear and like 3/4" front (i like to turn while driving).

i also have an 04 z4 that is stanced on19's and some other mods but obviously not vip style, more GT style.

i will be at the osaka auto messe next month and i can't wait to see all the super fly vip cars. i've about fallen out of the vip phase but i know that show will make me want to buy something. i am actually so lazy right now and the fact that i live where the vip mods are hard to come by that i might just pay cash and buy my next vip car already completed from osaka and have it shipped down here. it was just too much effort to order air susp and find a shop that could do it down here. getting anything custom like fender work, even fender shaving is just a big pain in the *** here in okinawa.

so yeah my next vip car sad to say might just be a complete shop car already built then i will just change up the wheels and stance some, maybe change the theme to something more my style, but i just don't see myself throwing so much money, time , and effort at another vip project where i presently live... sadly....

i saw some vip in tokyo and yokohama last year when i was there for a few days but not as much as i thought i would. my wife is from osaka so we go back 1-2 times a year and yeah they still have it going on, i am excited to go next month. should be sweet to get your car shipped back. i'm thinking about possibly doing a 70/80 nissan president next then if i have to move back to the states i can at least ship it, unlike my crown.

Last edited by sojah; 01-14-15 at 03:33 PM.