VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

My Budget VIP Inspired Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-14, 08:04 AM
nandob
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My Budget VIP Inspired Build

I have a a 99 black on black ucf21. Due to budget I am very limited on what I can and will do to this car.
I purchased this car for $4k so I can't really see me spending that much on wheels. My interior is mint so that's not the focus right now. Since I've had the car I've went thru 4 sets of wheels. Currently I'm riding on 20x8.5 Lenso rims, I plan on getting the fronts widened to a 9.5 and the rears to a 10.5.
I have ls460 front and rear bumpers but I've been too busy and a little lazy to do the bumper mods. I'm currently on Megans LP from a 2GS and due to the spring rate I can slam it.
So here's the plan:
Get my wheels widen the wheels, get the bumpers done block and cut the paint. Then take it from there. This is my daily and I have a 4 yr old so no tables or curtains since they would get destroyed. Lol more to come as I build my ride.
Attached Thumbnails My Budget VIP Inspired Build-20140430_195314.jpg   My Budget VIP Inspired Build-20140430_195328.jpg  
Old 05-05-14, 05:55 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice platform, the ride looks clean, but you gotta do something about those wheels. those may pass in TX or with the dub style folks but not vip at all. just telling it like it is.

but with your car and lowered stance, it would really benefit from some nice classy wheels.
Old 05-05-14, 07:05 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

They don't pass here in TX either.
Old 05-05-14, 08:02 AM
nandob
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ShawnD
They don't pass here in TX either.
I respect your opinion bro no problem with that. I have more wheels I just havent put them on yet. I need to do some fender works since I am going to run a 10 inch square set up all around. I am really just starting this build and taking my time because I want to do it right.
What I didnt mention that I went through the engine before any mods were done. Timing belt, water pump, tune up etc. Although I didnt really need them I went ahead and installed new control arm bushings because I know I was going to play with my suspension. I have a GS400 that I am building at the same time so it depends on how I am feeling, how much money I have to spend that will dictate what I do to either car.
Old 05-05-14, 09:00 AM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would paint the bottom half black also.
Old 05-05-14, 09:02 AM
nandob
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AtlasLS400
I would paint the bottom half black also.
That's the plan Atlas, I wished I had mine already done so I could be like you lol.
Old 05-05-14, 12:24 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

i think its pretty good... sure wheels could be different but your just starting out and the stance is perfect IMO...
Old 05-06-14, 07:37 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Why is there a budget build the car you want build it's going to cost money no matter what you decide to
Old 05-06-14, 02:46 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

says the guy with the fancy 3gs ^ ^ ^
Old 05-07-14, 05:15 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sojah
says the guy with the fancy 3gs ^ ^ ^
I would have to say I built my car the way I wanted... trust me I'm not making 100k a yr like most on here or have mom & dad to fund my build. Just wanted something above the norm for the JDM and CL community.
Old 05-07-14, 11:03 AM
nandob
Pole Position

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
I would have to say I built my car the way I wanted... trust me I'm not making 100k a yr like most on here or have mom & dad to fund my build. Just wanted something above the norm for the JDM and CL community.
I could pour money in this quick but I am taking my time. As for budget I dont believe in paying full price for anything. Thats just me, those wheels I have on the car now I paid $250 bucks for them and they look ok. They are just temp wheels for now until I decide what wheels I am going to get. And BTW wheels are going to be the next to the last thing I get, right now I have a few more maitenance issues to tend too. I need to get my bumpers fused install my skirts and starting prepping the body for paint. The new wheels will come in the middle of hte paint prepping process since I need to roll or cut fenders etc to get my fitment down perfect. I was thinking of a 3 piece wheel but honestly I am seeing alot of other wheels are arent 3 piece that look just as good.

These are my top 3 pics all concave I plan on running a 10 in square set up.
Attached Thumbnails My Budget VIP Inspired Build-rim1.jpg   My Budget VIP Inspired Build-rim2.jpg   My Budget VIP Inspired Build-rim3.jpg  
Old 05-07-14, 06:36 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nandob
I could pour money in this quick but I am taking my time. As for budget I dont believe in paying full price for anything. Thats just me, those wheels I have on the car now I paid $250 bucks for them and they look ok. They are just temp wheels for now until I decide what wheels I am going to get. And BTW wheels are going to be the next to the last thing I get, right now I have a few more maitenance issues to tend too. I need to get my bumpers fused install my skirts and starting prepping the body for paint. The new wheels will come in the middle of hte paint prepping process since I need to roll or cut fenders etc to get my fitment down perfect. I was thinking of a 3 piece wheel but honestly I am seeing alot of other wheels are arent 3 piece that look just as good.

These are my top 3 pics all concave I plan on running a 10 in square set up.
Those are some interesting designs all three would look really good on your model. Looking forward to seeing more on your build.
Old 05-12-14, 06:10 AM
nandob
Pole Position

Default Decided On The Wheels

So I decided to go with the middle wheel The Rohana RC10, I can get them in a 20x10 +35 for the front and 20x11 +28 in the rear. It's going to take a few weeks to get them. Once I get them in my possesion I am just going to do a test fit fender work, and then off to powder coating. I am still unsure on the color as of yet, Nothing crazy but classy since my car will be going all black.
Attached Thumbnails My Budget VIP Inspired Build-rim2.jpg  
Old 05-12-14, 10:09 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice choice of wheel.
Old 05-12-14, 12:32 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

good looking wheels. in for pics

Quick Reply: My Budget VIP Inspired Build