VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Did you guys go with Accuair's management or Airrex's digital wireless management?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 09:15 AM
senxation
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you guys go with Accuair's management or Airrex's digital wireless management?

Hey,

After reading many reviews on both managements, what did you guys decide to go with for your car? It seems like people tend to go with Accuair for reliability but I am not to sure what it is like for Airrex. Also, people do tend to go with Airrex because it is a way easier install where it's just a positive/ground/4 hoses that needs to be run for the system to work as compared to Accuair, it looks so tedious and confusing with a lot more work. For those that have been through this decision making at some point, can you leave some feedback on what made you decide to get what you wanted? Also, for the 2IS, what combo of struts/management did most of you guys go with? Thanks CL!
Old 11-11-13, 11:32 PM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by senxation
Hey,

After reading many reviews on both managements, what did you guys decide to go with for your car? It seems like people tend to go with Accuair for reliability but I am not to sure what it is like for Airrex. Also, people do tend to go with Airrex because it is a way easier install where it's just a positive/ground/4 hoses that needs to be run for the system to work as compared to Accuair, it looks so tedious and confusing with a lot more work. For those that have been through this decision making at some point, can you leave some feedback on what made you decide to get what you wanted? Also, for the 2IS, what combo of struts/management did most of you guys go with? Thanks CL!
Both awesome systems and many have been paring up Accuair and Airrex Struts together. Airrex bags will handle way more pressure than other struts 400psi for bellows and 300psi for sleaves, that is well over the opperating system pressure. The ride is not that mushy feeling as Airrex is perfomance based coil over type strut system valved for each appliaction.

Accuair is height based in which need for height sensors and extra wires that have to go to the fender well.

AirREX is pressure based and IMO after trying all the pressure based systems on the market it is hands down the best! No height sensors to install and comes pre plumbed and leak tested.

Many havent given airrex digital manageent a chance as it a fairly new. AirREX system is way easier to install and it does come with a digital gauge something that many that are using accuair haven't been installing in there systems because it add even more wires and parts to the install and of course adds another 350.00 to the over all cost of the accuair systems.

We have been installing the systems for over 4 years with no issues. The height presets works and yes its pressure based. The airrex system I can trust my GF to use it and it will always work.

The airrex kits for the IS models take about 5 hours to install if you choose to just go with the AMS box set up. IF you're going without the box it may take a little longer depending how custom you want to go. The wireless controller make things so much simpler as there is no need to run extra wires and it has all your controls gauges and presets and warnings.

The I level that accuair offers has no gauge on there wireless device it is just controls.

When you price both systems it feature for feature. The airrex kit comes out about a 1000.00 bucks cheaper.

Just remember if you're going to be paring up Accuair with Airrex Struts the warranty requirements states that you must have a gauge in your system or else warranty is void. A guage I feel is very important in safety of any air system with it being pressure based or height based. just imagine if your car came with no gas gauge. its the same thing with an air system.

you can read some of the feed back from customer that have used the full systems..
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 11-12-13, 02:47 PM
senxation
Driver

Originally Posted by mlum808
Both awesome systems and many have been paring up Accuair and Airrex Struts together. Airrex bags will handle way more pressure than other struts 400psi for bellows and 300psi for sleaves, that is well over the opperating system pressure. The ride is not that mushy feeling as Airrex is perfomance based coil over type strut system valved for each appliaction.

Accuair is height based in which need for height sensors and extra wires that have to go to the fender well.

AirREX is pressure based and IMO after trying all the pressure based systems on the market it is hands down the best! No height sensors to install and comes pre plumbed and leak tested.

Many havent given airrex digital manageent a chance as it a fairly new. AirREX system is way easier to install and it does come with a digital gauge something that many that are using accuair haven't been installing in there systems because it add even more wires and parts to the install and of course adds another 350.00 to the over all cost of the accuair systems.

We have been installing the systems for over 4 years with no issues. The height presets works and yes its pressure based. The airrex system I can trust my GF to use it and it will always work.

The airrex kits for the IS models take about 5 hours to install if you choose to just go with the AMS box set up. IF you're going without the box it may take a little longer depending how custom you want to go. The wireless controller make things so much simpler as there is no need to run extra wires and it has all your controls gauges and presets and warnings.

The I level that accuair offers has no gauge on there wireless device it is just controls.

When you price both systems it feature for feature. The airrex kit comes out about a 1000.00 bucks cheaper.

Just remember if you're going to be paring up Accuair with Airrex Struts the warranty requirements states that you must have a gauge in your system or else warranty is void. A guage I feel is very important in safety of any air system with it being pressure based or height based. just imagine if your car came with no gas gauge. its the same thing with an air system.

you can read some of the feed back from customer that have used the full systems..
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
With the airREX struts, in worse case scenario.. What would happen if the bags blow? Would the whole strut have to be replaced or can you remove the bag and install a new one over top and install everything back together? I've seen some kits with Accuair go for maybe around 4000-4500 but the Airrex strut+management comes to around 5100-5000, not sure what you meant by price being 1000 bucks cheaper? Correct me if I'm wrong please!
Old 11-12-13, 05:52 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Its a bit difficult to answer the price question. As AirRex is a complete air suspension system (i.e. air management system with struts) vs Accuair which is just an air management system and is paired with any available air suspension that fits your vehicle. So price wise would depend on what suspension you go with. If you look at the cost of something like AirRunner, basic kit cost $4600 not including the eLevel so add another $1400 and you end up with a price of $6000. AirRex complete comes in around $5000 so you its $1000 or so less. Now if you start getting into Universal bags with your choice of struts then the price can be cut down.
Old 11-12-13, 11:54 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is a great topic I want more people to comment on this one
Old 11-13-13, 01:02 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I helped install airrex management and struts in my homies gs and I installed accuair in my own gs. As for installation...... I have to say, airrex MANAGEMENT is so much easier to install. And there is a built in digital gauge on the wireless remote (very cool). With accuair, you would need too buy a digital gauge with pressure senders. Accuair is more complicated because of the wiring. Its basic wiring, just a bunch to route and tuck in the car. With airrex your valves, compressor, ecu (brain), pressure senders, plumbing, wiring is all put together and sealed in a cool azz box. With accuair, you can customize your setup. Meaning you can position each compressor, tank, valves, wherever you want. Its alot of work but Maybe when your done with your install, it'll look as sik as HiloDB1 setup. Lol. (Check out his setup its friggin off the hook). I went with accuair because its a trusted name and proven for relaiability. If I could do my setup all over again, I would go with airrex struts and accuair elevel or ilevel combo.I think most bags can be replaced and changed out if they blow. You should contact your airrex dealer for that, don't quote me on that. Good luck bro.
Old 11-13-13, 01:07 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Just noticed, hawaii is rep'n hard on this thread. Lol.
Old 11-13-13, 07:16 AM
Greg5OH
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Senxnation,
can you tell me what exactly a height gauge is on a pressure based system?
Old 11-16-13, 12:10 PM
senxation
Driver

Another question! Due to the fact that the place I live has a lot of snow, how am I suppose to be add air brake anti freeze into the tank so the lines don't freeze?
Old 11-20-13, 10:25 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Another question! Due to the fact that the place I live has a lot of snow, how am I suppose to be add air brake anti freeze into the tank so the lines don't freeze?
add it before you install the tank. I would just add water traps after the check valves on the compressors. then no water in the tank.
Old 11-24-13, 01:29 PM
senxation
Driver

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
add it before you install the tank. I would just add water traps after the check valves on the compressors. then no water in the tank.
Sorry, regarding to the AirREX preassembled box? Are we even allowed to open it up because it comes prebuilt for a reason right? Could this be an issue then?
Old 11-24-13, 05:45 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Sorry, regarding to the AirREX preassembled box? Are we even allowed to open it up because it comes prebuilt for a reason right? Could this be an issue then?
yes you can open it up take it disassemble and put it back in. why would you want to take it aprt anyways. If you don't want it in the box purchase out the box. you can order it like that also.
Old 11-24-13, 06:56 PM
Dranom
Lead Lap

I love my Accuair system on my 99LS. Its on manual right now though
Old 11-24-13, 08:03 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

The lines only freeze when there is water in them when you dont use a water trap
Old 11-26-13, 08:04 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd rather have true ride height accuracy over pressure based any day. That's why i ditched KSport Pro Plus system to go accuair e-level. The KSport air struts are nice tho.

Quick Reply: Did you guys go with Accuair's management or Airrex's digital wireless management?