VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Did you guys go with Accuair's management or Airrex's digital wireless management?

Old 11-26-13, 05:51 PM
K2lexy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyway we can tap the iLevel system into the Airrex digital wireless management??
Old 11-26-13, 06:49 PM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by senxation
Sorry, regarding to the AirREX preassembled box? Are we even allowed to open it up because it comes prebuilt for a reason right? Could this be an issue then?
You can get without the box for those that want to do custom installs. The box is made for super easy install .. guys have takin the part out of the box but you have to be very careful with how you mount the PC board as there is no case when you dont use the box

AIRREX also sells the control system with Manidold vlave for those that already have a tank and compressor

Here is one that we took out thhe box and reused the pexi window

Old 11-26-13, 06:51 PM
mlum808
Driver

Originally Posted by heyarms
I'd rather have true ride height accuracy over pressure based any day. That's why i ditched KSport Pro Plus system to go accuair e-level. The KSport air struts are nice tho.
The airrex pressure based system is way better than that ksport system is. We know our works very well.
Old 11-26-13, 07:38 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K2lexy
Anyway we can tap the iLevel system into the Airrex digital wireless management??
the answer is no on this one
Old 12-08-13, 01:08 AM
senxation
Driver

Question is, in canada, the snow blows a lot.. It gets to like -40 Celcius or even lower sometimes and I wonder if AirRex would freeze without any anti brake anti freeZe added since it's all placed together in a box already. Would cold temp like that affect the bags?
Old 12-08-13, 09:51 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by senxation
Question is, in canada, the snow blows a lot.. It gets to like -40 Celcius or even lower sometimes and I wonder if AirRex would freeze without any anti brake anti freeZe added since it's all placed together in a box already. Would cold temp like that affect the bags?
If your trunk get below +32 then yes if any water is in the tank you run the risk of it freezing
Old 02-22-14, 11:05 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When it comes to the Accuair e-Level stuff, I see there are multiple versions of kits.
Everything from the base rocker switch to touch pad, with manifold or without, with compressor(s) and tank or without. The i-Level seems to be a standalone option...

The functionality of the e-Level is the same with all kits, regardless of the method used to select heights, correct?

Basically what I am after is an i-Level controlled e-level with a threaded port VU4 manifold. The cheapest method to get this would be to order the rocker system, i-level, and threaded manifold separately, correct? I don't see such a package offered as an option anywhere, but just wanted to make sure before I order!
Old 02-23-14, 12:32 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shmee
When it comes to the Accuair e-Level stuff, I see there are multiple versions of kits.
Everything from the base rocker switch to touch pad, with manifold or without, with compressor(s) and tank or without. The i-Level seems to be a standalone option...

The functionality of the e-Level is the same with all kits, regardless of the method used to select heights, correct?

Basically what I am after is an i-Level controlled e-level with a threaded port VU4 manifold. The cheapest method to get this would be to order the rocker system, i-level, and threaded manifold separately, correct? I don't see such a package offered as an option anywhere, but just wanted to make sure before I order!
Threaded VU4 is $400
iLevel is $300
Rocker E-Level is $795
Total: $1495 (All these prices were found through Bag Riders)

So yes, it would be cheaper than buying a Touchpad system ($1795 total with the above options). Hit up swtjlsy, he helped me out with figuring out prices, so I'm sure he'll have no problem finding you a good deal on some stuff.

Last edited by Sc0pe; 02-23-14 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-24-14, 05:47 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
Threaded VU4 is $400
iLevel is $300
Rocker E-Level is $795
Total: $1495 (All these prices were found through Bag Riders)

So yes, it would be cheaper than buying a Touchpad system ($1795 total with the above options). Hit up swtjlsy, he helped me out with figuring out prices, so I'm sure he'll have no problem finding you a good deal on some stuff.
I haven't check bag riders in a while but some of those price are a little off.
VU4 459
ILevel 349
rocker 795
you always upgrade your rocker to touch pad later on for $300. The ILevel is fun to play with but I wouldn't make it a stand alone option. It will drain you phone, ipad quickly bc of the wifi always searching. The PTC can be used with hard lines you just have to have flat cut lines and make sure to to round out the inside after each cut. I have found PTC fitting work just as well
Old 02-24-14, 09:20 AM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Those are the posted prices on bag riders.

I have a mount for my iPhone and connect it to power any time I'm playing music off of it, which is all the time. So killing the battery isn't really an issue. I don't really see the point of the touchpad with the ilevel option and rocker switch... For basic daily duties I think the rocker switch is more than enough, while the ilevel should give you all the expanded functionality needed.

Or am I totally out to lunch on that?
Old 02-24-14, 07:55 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

The problem is you have no internet or in coming messages or out going is allowed when it is in use. I would not have it as a stand alone set up. As long as you are will to use the roccker switch from time to time you should be ok.
Old 02-24-14, 09:05 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Perfect! Then my iPad won't have an problems!
Old 02-24-14, 10:58 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Those are the posted prices on bag riders.

I have a mount for my iPhone and connect it to power any time I'm playing music off of it, which is all the time. So killing the battery isn't really an issue. I don't really see the point of the touchpad with the ilevel option and rocker switch... For basic daily duties I think the rocker switch is more than enough, while the ilevel should give you all the expanded functionality needed.

Or am I totally out to lunch on that?
One thing that caught my attention just now; If iLevel itself costs $349, and buying a Touchpad system is an additional $300 vs. a rocker system, then wouldn't it make more sense to opt for the Touchpad system in the first place? Functionality is the same, with the exception of one being "wireless" (unless that's your game here).

Not bashing your config, because I think it's pretty nifty, but just something I noticed.
Old 02-24-14, 11:31 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

It's a legality thing up here...
Technically you are not allowed to control the ride height of your car with anything more than a single switch for the whole car. It's some crazy remnant from the days of lore and hydros... Any controller for independent corners or multiple switches is enough to have the car impounded and subject to a safety inspection should an overzealous cop choose. It's a huge hassle to deal with and not common to get nailed but in certain areas, the cops really have nothing better to do than hassle guys in modified cars... My girlfriends dad lives in one such area and I have a history of bad luck with cops hassling me about my cars in that area.

The rocker switch keeps the car nice and legal and the i-level allows full functionallity of the touch pad but is only a swipe away from being just another iDevice.
Old 02-25-14, 05:33 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

It's a legality thing up here...
Technically you are not allowed to control the ride height of your car with anything more than a single switch for the whole car. It's some crazy remnant from the days of lore and hydros... Any controller for independent corners or multiple switches is enough to have the car impounded and subject to a safety inspection should an overzealous cop choose. It's a huge hassle to deal with and not common to get nailed but in certain areas, the cops really have nothing better to do than hassle guys in modified cars... My girlfriends dad lives in one such area and I have a history of bad luck with cops hassling me about my cars in that area.

The rocker switch keeps the car nice and legal and the i-level allows full functionallity of the touch pad but is only a swipe away from being just another iDevice.
Hmmm, I see what you're saying. Good call on the rocker switch then! Out of curiosity, have you picked out a location to mount it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did you guys go with Accuair's management or Airrex's digital wireless management?