VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Garson DAD Badges - Are They Legit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-13, 09:12 PM
M45owner
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Garson DAD Badges - Are They Legit?

I purchased a Garson Crown hood emblem from a website (not ebay) and have my doubts as to it being authentic. The box on the front says DAD and under it says "Automobile Accessories" with the Garson logo in the middle...except it's BACKWARDS. Attached some pictures...any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-30-13, 09:15 PM
M45owner
Rookie

Here are pictures of the Kaiser badge...one, the double sided tape on the back is really off center. Two, there are 5 crystals that appear yellowish...you can see something around the crystals, especially the very top middle one, with the naked eye. I looked at all of the crystals with a jewelers loupe and found that the yellow tinted ones have visible glue around the edges. The top middle crystal is about 1/4 covered with the glue and has glue around it. Tried getting pictures of it under the loupe. Anyone have any ideas? The box is different from the round crown badge that I have, doesn't mean anything I guess.

Both of the badges have a good weight to them, but the backwards text on the crown hood box is throwing me off and the glue on the crystals and also the double sided tape on the back of the Kaiser is throwing me off. Anyone?

Old 05-30-13, 09:17 PM
M45owner
Rookie

These pictures are under the jewelers loupe, if you look at that top middle crystal around the edges and upper 1/4 of it you can see the yellow glue around it.

Old 05-31-13, 12:49 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i saw your post on VSC as well and was going to respond but can't from work so i will here.

i've purchased a few things from D.A.D but never hood ornaments. i've never seen text backwards on any of their packaging (very suspect)... and although most of their blingy blingy stuff is very cheaply made and plasticy feeling it is made well and looks like a finely made product just with plastic and other cheap stuff.

i would say the first ornament looks very suspect, but second ones looks like its of higher quality other than the bad glue job. hard to tell really, i just wouldn't buy any more stuff from them.

*** a dead giveaway is the shipping address coming from china, hong kong, or taiwan instead of japan
Old 05-31-13, 06:39 AM
M45owner
Rookie

Both badges are made from aluminum and have a fairly nice weight to them. The crystals shine in the light, but I have never seen the for sure real thing in person and dont have any dealers in the area for these.

I got them off of JunctionVIP.com and he has some other brand stuff on his website as well so I thought it was legit. Well, then while trying to find any info on that website (which hardly yielded any results) I found out the same guy runs s2carbonworks.com annnnd what do you know, he sells fake Bride seats and it is well known that he does. Furthermore, I then found out he is also selling on ebay...a simple search for Garson products will give you quite a few things for sale by him. It wouldnt be bad if he didnt buy fake JP and HKS stuff from China on his account multiple times.....see where this is headed?

These came out of Texas, but I am willing to bet he got it from China. As much as I dont want that to be the case because I know where to get them for $6, I am sure it is very much the case. Got ripped for $150 on this deal if they are for sure fake. Shouldve done some more digging at the beginning....would like to hear some other opinions though.
Old 05-31-13, 11:47 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

JunctionVIP aka S2Carbonworks sells fake Garson/DAD products. I've compared their **** with the real deal and side by side there are small tells. He gets his s*** from AESCar (China) who is the manufacturer for all the fake crap. His prices seem good compared to the legit stuff but I bet he can't get the custom crystal colors stuff the same price or anything that's not on the AESCar catalog. This is why I get all my Garson stuff direct from Japan. But if you want to know who sells legit Garson stuff in USA hit up Carmate USA they are the official distributor for Gason in US
Old 06-01-13, 11:22 AM
M45owner
Rookie

Good to know. When I asked him originally, he said they were authentic. After receiving them, I had my suspicions as you can see. Its funny because you can get these badges for about $6 with shipping. I have several orders from JZS International out of Japan...4 weeks out on Garson badges. Trying to recoup my money from these fakes since he misrepresented them. If he wouldve said they were fake there would be nothing to complain about as I would have known exactly what I was getting.
Old 06-01-13, 06:45 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i used JZS international a few years back and although expensive (his middle man up costs) it is 100% real and straight from japan.

since i live in japan i got a quote from JZS international to see the difference in prices and it was crazy... toyota crown side visors, toyota crown rear c pillar emblems, toyota crown rear window spoiler. he wanted like $750 for all. i went to my closest toyota dealership and got the first two for like $150 and the rear spoiler from another shop for like $200 painted and installed. all in all like $350 which was half of jzs prices.

maybe i could start selling stuff from japan
Old 06-02-13, 10:51 AM
M45owner
Rookie

Originally Posted by sojah
i used JZS international a few years back and although expensive (his middle man up costs) it is 100% real and straight from japan.

since i live in japan i got a quote from JZS international to see the difference in prices and it was crazy... toyota crown side visors, toyota crown rear c pillar emblems, toyota crown rear window spoiler. he wanted like $750 for all. i went to my closest toyota dealership and got the first two for like $150 and the rear spoiler from another shop for like $200 painted and installed. all in all like $350 which was half of jzs prices.

maybe i could start selling stuff from japan
I have to agree, his prices are insane...I paid $600 for a Balsarini grille and $200 something for a small Fuga chrome trunk trim. He wanted $350 for a Junction Produce hood badge...had to pass on that one. But I do know he is a distributor so I wasnt worried about the two things being fake. You have a PM by the way
Old 06-16-13, 07:41 AM
dc893
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
JunctionVIP aka S2Carbonworks sells fake Garson/DAD products. I've compared their **** with the real deal and side by side there are small tells. He gets his s*** from AESCar (China) who is the manufacturer for all the fake crap. His prices seem good compared to the legit stuff but I bet he can't get the custom crystal colors stuff the same price or anything that's not on the AESCar catalog. This is why I get all my Garson stuff direct from Japan. But if you want to know who sells legit Garson stuff in USA hit up Carmate USA they are the official distributor for Gason in US
They are very helpful. Nobody sells the steering wheel covers here in the US, so I have been talking to them trying to get one.
Old 06-20-13, 07:42 PM
JZPOWERED
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do you guys get your Garson products? I was gonna go through junction vip,
But I asked him for special order from Japan but never got back to me.
Old 06-24-13, 07:01 AM
M45owner
Rookie

Well thats what this thread is about....Junction VIP being FAKE. But if you want FAKE then sure, buy from him.