VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

On the Ground system

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 02:04 PM
AFryan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the Ground system

This isn't a lexus, but it's VIP related and since there's quite a few topics about air here, I figured it would be appropriate. Just wanted to share some quick iphone shots of a Y33 on a new air setup we just installed at AutoFashion. It's now equipped with the On the Ground system.

Cats on the ground when aired out.

Old 09-18-12, 02:20 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks really good, how's the ride quality?
Old 09-18-12, 04:25 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice.....is that the lowest you can go when air out?
Old 09-18-12, 04:56 PM
mr nut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
I am assuming that is the lowest he wants to go, seeing that his cat is sitting on the ground?

Maybe he can modify his exhaust system to sit above the frame rails?
Old 09-18-12, 05:39 PM
AFryan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by datplayaz
Looks really good, how's the ride quality?
The ride is excellent. This particular system was made to drop extremely low and also roll low while still maintaining great ride quality. Normally when you roll low on bags, the ride quality suffers because of the shortened shock travel and low psi in the bags. With this setup, you can adjust your bags to a certain psi to get the ride comfort and then adjust the overall height of the shock separately. This way you maintain the shock travel and psi in the bags while still having a shorter overall length.

In the picture, the fronts are maxed but he can go lower in the rear.

Originally Posted by mr nut
I am assuming that is the lowest he wants to go, seeing that his cat is sitting on the ground?

Maybe he can modify his exhaust system to sit above the frame rails?
Yeah, he would either have to raise the exhaust or raise the engine. In this case, raising the engine is the route he's going.
Old 09-18-12, 09:33 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what's does a setup cost pics of setup would be nice along with what is included
Old 09-18-12, 11:13 PM
AFryan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
what's does a setup cost pics of setup would be nice along with what is included

The system essentially looks like this (exact product will vary between different vehicles). You can see the adjustable collar towards the bottom of the strut body.

The Kit includes: 4 Struts, Gauges, Switches, Standard or Pancake Tank, 380C Viar Compressor, Wiring & Lines. It's everything you need and goes for $6,299 for most vehicles. You also have the option to upgrade the manual setup for a digital one. Feel free to PM me any questions you have also.
Old 09-18-12, 11:48 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i'd say thats on the ground... i hope socal_450 was just joshin'

nice car btw... i just put in the phantom air cup kit and i love it, but my kit was only $2500,, doesn't exactly sit on the ground,, maybe thats what you get for the extra 4k
Old 09-19-12, 09:04 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
yeah i'd say thats on the ground... i hope socal_450 was just joshin'

nice car btw... i just put in the phantom air cup kit and i love it, but my kit was only $2500,, doesn't exactly sit on the ground,, maybe thats what you get for the extra 4k
LOL...actually OTG was my 1st air suspension on my wishing list, but after bunch of considerations I ended up with UAS and use my CST. OTG really nice supensions and I heard very comfy, but the price........I guess like everybody said "You gotta pay, to play"
BTW, did you get all corner cup kits or just fronts? You must be the 1st person rockin' Phantom cup kit over there.

Last edited by SoCal_450h; 09-19-12 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-19-12, 02:43 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

LOL...actually OTG was my 1st air suspension on my wishing list, but after bunch of considerations I ended up with UAS and use my CST. OTG really nice supensions and I heard very comfy, but the price........I guess like everybody said "You gotta pay, to play"
BTW, did you get all corner cup kits or just fronts? You must be the 1st person rockin' Phantom cup kit over there.
i got front and rear. at first i was slightly disjointed that there are only two buttons, 1 for fronts and 1 for rears, but honestly i think i prefer it this way now. less switches to contend with, easier to control,, a hell of a lot easier not to get it out of whack from left to right...

yeah man those air setups can be pretty pricey. but i guess most things are in this game
Old 09-20-12, 10:39 AM
AFryan
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, these kits are pricey, but this is the setup he asked for and we were able to achieve exactly what he wanted. I'm assuming the added cost is for the r&d. Each kit is made exactly for the particular vehicle so the finish and fitment is spot on, and as stated, the ride quality is excellent.

And it is true, you do gotta pay to play haha. Can't be building a VIP car on a shoestring budget and running poor quality parts! (not saying anyone here is, but just stating it in general)
Old 09-20-12, 11:04 AM
KsportUSA
Driver

Price of this kit is up there for what you get. Most other companis are 30-50% cheaper with the same options.

Last edited by KsportUSA; 09-20-12 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-20-12, 05:49 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You dont need the OG Airrunner kit to get your car on the ground. My LS430 has the basic Airrunner setup and I can lay my exhaust on the ground. The front though doesnt get that low. You have to consider the suspension as a whole vs just the bags/shocks.
Old 09-20-12, 08:39 PM
AFryan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
You dont need the OG Airrunner kit to get your car on the ground. My LS430 has the basic Airrunner setup and I can lay my exhaust on the ground. The front though doesnt get that low. You have to consider the suspension as a whole vs just the bags/shocks.

Getting the front lower to match the rear was one of the big factors into deciding to upgrading his air at all. He has done extensive research into various suspension options, and this system is what he wanted and what got the job done successfully.

Also, (from my own experience) LS' and GS' in terms of basic airrunner is concerned, will drop lower than a Y33 can because of their different suspension designs. Not every car model will have the same exact result from a product of the same exact brand. For example, just because tein basic coilovers will lower one car to a certain minimum height, does not necessarily mean it will lower all cars to the exact same height.
Old 09-20-12, 09:32 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KsportUSA
Price of this kit is up there for what you get. Most other companis are 30-50% cheaper with the same options.

great looking kit for the price

Quick Reply: On the Ground system