VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Camber question???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-11, 06:23 PM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Camber question???????????????

I recently lowered my car on coil-overs. Its low, very low. When I had coil-springs my wheels were fairly flush, but now that my car is much lower my wheels have sunken into the depths of my wheel wells due to the added negative camber. This looks pretty gay. So I need some spacers to correct the gayness. So my question is this, Does the negative camber assist in being able to turn the wheel lock to lock? Or is the camber simply for looks? The reason Im asking is should I get an alignment first and then decide on the size of the spacer, or leave the amount of camber that is present and measure it like that? I would like to run as little camber as possible because this is my daily driver but if negative camber will help with the drive-ability of the car then so be it.I can take some pics if necessary. Any thoughts from the VIP fellas??
Old 10-25-11, 07:59 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Why don't you try to get the car aligned first? That would take care of at least some of your camber issues...

Camber will wear tires, not necessarily make the car handle any better, and make the car track badly on grooved roads... spacers will fill the gap without touching the camber, but you are better off fixing the camber first...
Old 10-25-11, 09:33 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Align first, then see what width spacers you need. If you're unaligned, your toe/caster/camber probably are all thrown out of spec and will eventually lead to you chewing up your tires at an exponentially faster rate than necessary.
Old 11-04-11, 09:36 PM
whit3b0y
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your car has stock camber adjustments. Adding spacers will not fix your camber. might even make it more pro dominant. take it in for an alignment and they will correct it as much as possible. The more you lower your car, the more camber you get. And the more you are unable to correct the camber all the way. if you want see if you if you can buy adjustable links for your rear suspension and these will make it easier to correct camber even when your car is dumped. just depends on how much you wanna spend.
GL