VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Aristo_Mini_VIP_OR??? You tell me....

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-11, 05:33 PM
VIP4U2H
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ damn i didn't know you guys still did meets i remember there used to be local forum azlex or something like that and i went to the meet once at pavilions but soon after words the forum went down ill try and make it out there this week we'll how work goes tho
Old 09-12-11, 07:25 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone that called it VIP is an idiot. Tell them so and walk away.
That being said it IS a nice car nonetheless.
Old 09-12-11, 08:21 PM
VIP4U2H
Driver School Candidate

i consider it a mini_Vip lol...i had a ls400 on air ride and 20's with curtains and all the other small accessories i said that was way more vip then the GS...hopefully ill the GS have it all done by the end of the year
Old 09-12-11, 08:44 PM
scoobystev
Driver School Candidate

not VIP. nope. UH UH girrrrl aint happnin

check the thread LS460 thread that was started. thaaats the business
Old 09-13-11, 09:58 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP4U2H
^ damn i didn't know you guys still did meets i remember there used to be local forum azlex or something like that and i went to the meet once at pavilions but soon after words the forum went down ill try and make it out there this week we'll how work goes tho
You must be talking about LEXAZ. Yeah that was short lived, but Kyoei took over the local meets and events now.
Old 09-14-11, 09:53 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to break it to you and I'm not trying to mean when I say this but you need a reality check. There is nothing even remotely close to VIP about your car. Body kit is not vip, spoiler is not vip, wheels are not vip, stance is not vip and no if you buy a fusa or tsuna it will not make it more vip. I'm not saying that I think your car us ugly or anything but judging from your mod list it is definitely more sporty/track car
Old 09-14-11, 04:29 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP4U2H
and I'm building it more on the Aristo Drift level....

There is your answer. So no, not vip.

You need a fusa for that
Old 09-14-11, 08:13 PM
VIP4U2H
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Sorry to break it to you and I'm not trying to mean when I say this but you need a reality check. There is nothing even remotely close to VIP about your car. Body kit is not vip, spoiler is not vip, wheels are not vip, stance is not vip and no if you buy a fusa or tsuna it will not make it more vip. I'm not saying that I think your car us ugly or anything but judging from your mod list it is definitely more sporty/track car

no offense taken...at least its a lexus and not honda lol and I'm considering getting a 00 ls400 platinum edition for 7k out here with 145k and making that thing VIP but I'm debating on weather getting a swap and single turbo for this or getting the LS400....
Old 09-28-11, 01:12 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Are we forgetting that a GS(Aristo) by definition *IS* a VIP platform??? Is it heavily VIP styled? Not really. But even a stock GS is a VIP car by definition. Period.

Sad to see that so many people on CL don't even know the true definition. Been following the scene since maybe 2003, and I thought all that wouldve been clear by now. Oh well.

Last edited by ebruce2; 09-28-11 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-29-11, 10:34 AM
AerialAce
Rookie

Originally Posted by ebruce2
Are we forgetting that a GS(Aristo) by definition *IS* a VIP platform??? Is it heavily VIP styled? Not really. But even a stock GS is a VIP car by definition. Period.

Sad to see that so many people on CL don't even know the true definition. Been following the scene since maybe 2003, and I thought all that wouldve been clear by now. Oh well.
Well that's the problem with having an unwritten law no one is even 100% sure about dictating what your car is. This is what I understand with my meager knowledge on the subject:

VIP Platform
- A small group of medium to full sized luxury sedans originating in Japan around in the early '90's, one reoccurring feature is that these cars are all rear wheel drive standard (1GS models in Japan came with AWD option) and are either V8 powered or have one as an option. Most where high end top of the line cars in there respective day till now, being expensive to buy, own and maintain so a person driving one would be thought very highly of. Interestingly only Toyota and Nissan build cars fitting into this very niche category.

VIP - A styling route exclusive to VIP Platform cars, inspired by the Shakotan stylized cars of the 70's - 80's but a more modern approach. An interesting and reoccurring theme in some of the '90's models seems to revolve around styling the car to look more like an upscale Mercedes-Benz, everything from the grills to the wheel designs often reflect this. This might be due to the fact although Toyota and Nissan "borrowed" styling cues from competitors like Mercedes-Benz neither backed any of there luxury cars with any additional factory styling or performance like Mercedes had with AMG. This is likely due to both playing it safe during there rise as a luxury car manufacturer.

VIP Style/Inspired - Basically any car that is not a VIP Platform first and foremost, but styled in the same fashion. Because VIP Platforms stem from early '90's cars, anything not directly related can never truly be VIP, Some speculate this might be the undoing of this small but very dedicated group of enthusiasts as it leaves very little or no room for diversity or future evolution of the styling as much will be exactly the same as it was from day one.

lol, holy crap I think it took me a good hour to write this crap.

Last edited by AerialAce; 09-29-11 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-29-11, 12:38 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

AerialAce - your assessment is spot-on. I started in the scene by joining vipstylecars.com back in the day, and just fell in love with the style. Check there and you will find almost the same exact definitions you just wrote. Not real crazy about the heavily modded, almost bosozoku style at all, but more of an EXE style fan. Clean and simple is my taste.

I just hear the terms being misused and its like nails across a chalkboard for me. haha.