VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

UAS bags and brackets on stock shock...i need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-11, 12:19 AM
swagga89
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UAS bags and brackets on stock shock...i need help!

I am attempting to install Accuair E-level with UAS bags in my 2006 GS300 AWD. I have searched and searched on what to cut off and where to weld the new perches, but have not found much. I thought it was straight forward, but when I took the springs off it looked a bit confusing where weld the new perches. Any held would be greatly appreciated.

This is the rear shock with the brackets I received from Accuair.

Do I cut off the top of the shock sleeve and weld it on that other sleeve I recieved? and for the bottom bracket I just cut off the old perches and weld the flatter bracket? Do I also use any of the bushings from the stock shock?

Better pictures of the rear brackets

A picture of the bottom of the rear shock

Here is the front shock. I think I have this down. Weld the new perch where the old perch is, but the top does not fit correctly.

I will use the billet brackets. When i sit bracket on the top it sits on a washer thing right below the threading. There is no way I could tighten the top nut down.

I think I need to tap that washer piece off, but I am not too sure.
Old 06-18-11, 04:40 AM
sticky4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Phil

Ideally the best person to ask is VIPNiSS, he's on stock shocks, i sent him an email to check this out.

Okay my install was different as i am running my UAS on Megan coilovers.

But i know the FRONT bag perch should be 4" down from the top on the shock body. I did mine 4" down from the bump stop, but Megans may be shorter. Yes it looks like you'd need to tap off the washer to make them fit.

i think the rear is pretty bolt on, drop the bag and bottom plate onto the existing pirch, next bolt on the sleeve they sent and then, if i had to guess, cut the sleeve off the factory top plate and re-use the top plate sandwiching the bag and sleeve.

Like i said i am guessing but it seems right. Hopefully someone will chime in, but i'm relatively certain i am right...

You can always call Zack from Universal Air Ride, he was a great help to me, The plates and sleeves look exactly like what i got from them.