VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

air susp. controller...what are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-11, 06:02 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default air susp. controller...what are you running?

I just finished installing air on my car and was wondering what you guys use. It was a piece together kit with all the good components but no good controller. I just have 2 switched up/down front/rear which is fine with me but i don't want to mount them anywhere on the dash so i just have them in the center console loose...hate having the glove box open all the time and also not feeling the look...what do you guys suggest?
Old 05-30-11, 06:24 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Dakota Digital with no complaints. If I had to buy a controller right now I'd probably go Accuair. Haven't heard one single complaint about it yet.
Old 05-31-11, 06:44 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

just got my accuair done yesterday and its the greatest thing ever.
Old 05-31-11, 11:46 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm currently using the Dakota Digital controller and it works great. I'm thinking about going with the Air Force OLED wireless remote. I would definitely pick this over the Accuair as not only it has full control but shows pressure on all four corners and tank it also had 3 presets which is nice. There's also some other neat options you can set like when you turn on the ignition it will automatically pump up to what ever preset you want and some other ones I cant remember LOL

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 05-31-11 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-31-11, 02:02 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

thanks guys i saw the accuair one and its seems pretty nice also, never saw this dakota digital unit. I have one complaint about the air so far though, my ride height seems to be perfect at 114-116F/66-68R now when its fully deflated and i go pump it up to those specs it dosent seem to pick up the car as high...therefor i get it up to like 120 or so in the front back out of the space and lower it back down to 116 and it seems ok, then when i start driving after a few minutes the pressure goes up slightly and i lower it back down to 116. It takes a few adjustments like that and then its fine. The only thing i can think of is the air gets hotter in the bags and expands after driving?
Old 05-31-11, 02:12 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do dakota digital or accuair, don't worry about the pressure readings. Do the height sensors instead so you know your ride height will stay consistent.

Pressure alone is not consistent because it differs if you go from down to up, up to down, and temperature.
Old 06-01-11, 07:23 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

so with d.digital and accuair do you guys hear your pressure constantly adjusting?
Old 06-01-11, 08:53 AM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great thread...i'm also in the market for a controller. i've been looking at autoloc as well as the dakota.
Old 06-02-11, 06:07 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MDSC
so with d.digital and accuair do you guys hear your pressure constantly adjusting?
Constantly, no. The unit is very smart to say the least. It will adjust only if something is out of range for a given amount of time. The unit is great.
Old 06-02-11, 07:38 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Accuair E-level is awesome.

This E-level system changed my life. haha ... You have 3 different ride heights and 1 pancake mode.

"I just set it and forget it"
Old 06-02-11, 11:21 AM
Yakshii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dakota digital one is niiicccceeeeee
heard great things
Old 06-02-11, 01:40 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VIP-209
Accuair E-level is awesome.

This E-level system changed my life. haha ... You have 3 different ride heights and 1 pancake mode.

"I just set it and forget it"
I've only driven with it twice since I installed on Mon but I am sooo happy with it.
Old 06-02-11, 01:58 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

was talking air susp. pro today in my area he said accuair is def the way to go, he also said the reason why its different when you go up from all the way down and down from all the way up is because of susp. bind and its not designed to angle like that when its down. So when you pick it back up pass its mid point and bring it back down its good. This guy does some crazy fab work too.
http://www.getbored.biz/
Old 06-02-11, 05:36 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Im going with Accuair. Local shop that does a lot of Airrunner setups said its the way to go. So I know when the time comes Im going with Accuair. The E-Level has 3 presets and can raise back to height when the vehicle is started.
Old 06-02-11, 11:41 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
I've only driven with it twice since I installed on Mon but I am sooo happy with it.
Yepp, It is just a no "hassle air management system". I swear this is the best one on the market.

However, sometimes it has a mind of it's own.

Example: My car was at idle and we were doing a roll-in for a wek-fest show , and half my car was on a rail-road track and the other half was not. It seemed like the E-level was confused, it was trying to compensate for the uneven pavement, as the car was trying to level out but was unable to. So, the ecu was trippin a lil'. haha..

We did'nt care, it was kinda funny.

Quick Reply: air susp. controller...what are you running?