VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Low Offset, Camber, Air, & Fitment question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-11, 04:19 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Low Offset, Camber, Air, & Fitment question(s)

I feel like such a nub asking for help
Eh, better to get some info from you experienced members

Okay, so here's my question(s)

I'm about to pick up some low offset wheels...the offsets are about/around
Front +3 Rear +5
They are 19x9.5 19x10.5
I am wondering how they will sit. I wanna sit flush
I am on AIR & I have had my rear fenders rolled. Front fenders are the aftermarket "VIP" fenders & shaved.
I'm thinking of running 225/35/19 & 235/35/19
I really don't want to pull since I just repainted the whole car.
Any idea how they would sit? & if they don't fit without pull...Any idea where I would be able to get some front & rear camber kits(lower,upper arms...)?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 04-20-11, 08:34 PM
chishimaru
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've seen a 20*10.5 rear on +29 (i know it's different diameter but just for comparison) offset with most of the fender cut out and thats about the limit so based on the spec, if the car is low enough, the rear will most likely not clear. the same would probably go with the front. without doing any pull, inducing negative camber will probably be your choice.
Old 04-20-11, 09:09 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Since the factory arms can only adjust so much camber, unfortunately it is not enough to pull off those offsets without pulling the fenders. Since you want to keep your body the way it is you can always get Nagisa Auto and Ikeya Formula front and rear upper arms. I dont think the lowers would be necessary. I'd start of by getting the uppers and if it still doesnt clear get the lowers. That should do the trick.

But they get really pricey. It may be cheaper to pull and paint
Old 04-21-11, 12:37 AM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chishimaru
i've seen a 20*10.5 rear on +29 (i know it's different diameter but just for comparison) offset with most of the fender cut out and thats about the limit so based on the spec, if the car is low enough, the rear will most likely not clear. the same would probably go with the front. without doing any pull, inducing negative camber will probably be your choice.
Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Since the factory arms can only adjust so much camber, unfortunately it is not enough to pull off those offsets without pulling the fenders. Since you want to keep your body the way it is you can always get Nagisa Auto and Ikeya Formula front and rear upper arms. I dont think the lowers would be necessary. I'd start of by getting the uppers and if it still doesnt clear get the lowers. That should do the trick.

But they get really pricey. It may be cheaper to pull and paint

Looks like camber time
Will see how it goes...when the wheels get here from Japan
I'll post some test fit pix
Thanks alot guys
Old 04-21-11, 06:49 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since flushness is a matter of millimeters you're just gonna have to wait to test fit them or find a local with wheels of the same specs to test on.
I went throught the same thing. Except there's noone local to me so I went through 4 sets of wheels in less than a year and a half. Good luck.
Old 04-21-11, 12:52 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't want to start a new thread on fitment. Since he's waiting for his rims to come and test fit. I wanted to know about what kind of tires should I get and how much of shaving I need to do?Oh, it's gonna be daily driven too.

20" XXR 526
20x11 15 offset 3"lip
20x9 35 offset 5"lip

Megan LP coilovers
factory control arms

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-11, 03:49 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spencedigg
I don't want to start a new thread on fitment. Since he's waiting for his rims to come and test fit. I wanted to know about what kind of tires should I get and how much of shaving I need to do?Oh, it's gonna be daily driven too.

20" XXR 526
20x11 15 offset 3"lip
20x9 35 offset 5"lip

Megan LP coilovers
factory control arms

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I Think you got your lip sizes backwards :P I recommend 225/35R20 front and 255/30R20 Rear or maybe 245/35R20 (but that depends on what brand). you will need to pull the rear fenders and roll the fronts.

You dont buy wheels that fir your car. You buy the wheels you want and make the car fit the wheels. Its the only way, when you want to achieve flushness.
Old 04-22-11, 06:13 AM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it's backwards, thanks for the correction. I want these wheels and I don't mind spending extra to replace them cuz they're affordable. The problem is that my car is getting fixed in the rear passenger panel and bumper cuz a recent accident and I don't have the wheels yet and I have to drop off the car this weekend. I want to make sure if its okay to pull fenders after the car is already fixed? I never had pulled fenders before, only shaved. I will ask about the tires from the vendor here. He was recommending with the package of the rims, Falken 452. Once again, thanks for your help.
Old 04-23-11, 06:03 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

pull fenders BEFORE they're fixed...LOL you don't HAVE to drop it off this weekend, if the shop wants your business they can wait.