VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

gs350 progress thread.. not your standard Club Lexus build..

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-11, 03:19 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I already have my fenders done with metal work.. I'm sending my rims back since my boy bought the barrels and I'm going back to my 5 inch lip... I didn't wanna camber the rims since I'm already running on stretched 30 series tires and don't wanna buy new ties every few months... But good luck on your build.

Just finished wrapping the quarterpanels fenders and hood. It's coming together now..
Old 05-20-11, 04:29 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Old 05-20-11, 04:43 AM
sticky4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks unreal... IMO theres only a handful of really built GS's and yours is off the charts...
Old 05-20-11, 06:52 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looking great Al! you need to ship her back stateside. lol. you're making me want to start sinking money into mine again...
Old 05-20-11, 10:18 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Al! Springfest wasn't the same without you.
Old 05-20-11, 01:05 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good Albert. When am I gonna get to see it in person?
Old 05-20-11, 01:21 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky4
Looks unreal... IMO theres only a handful of really built GS's and yours is off the charts...
I'm assuming "really built" means crazy aggressive offsets, tires stretched to oblivion, fenders cut until integritty is compromised, etc.

The reason there are only a handful is that most of us 3GS owners have different tastes. Probably a little more mature crowd who see the 3GS as something other than a tuner car.
I'm a businessman. I can't drive clients, business partners and important people around in a car that's dumbed, can't u-turn and drive normally.

I've had many people in the car who were impressed with the ride. hey wouldn't have felt that way if I dumped the car and drove on massive camber...with wheels sticking out of the fender.

I'm not hating....I'm just saying....
Old 05-20-11, 02:22 PM
ray123
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what rims are on it as of now in the pic?
Old 05-20-11, 02:29 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ice350
I'm assuming "really built" means crazy aggressive offsets, tires stretched to oblivion, fenders cut until integritty is compromised, etc.

The reason there are only a handful is that most of us 3GS owners have different tastes. Probably a little more mature crowd who see the 3GS as something other than a tuner car.
I'm a businessman. I can't drive clients, business partners and important people around in a car that's dumbed, can't u-turn and drive normally.

I've had many people in the car who were impressed with the ride. hey wouldn't have felt that way if I dumped the car and drove on massive camber...with wheels sticking out of the fender.

you are a hater..

there is a reason I did not post this in the 3rd gen gs section and its because people like you wouldn't understand or comprehend why we do stuff like this. I can u turn just as well as i can on stock tires and I do not ride on camber. Also, the car isnt finished and i dont drive with the car on the ground. its virtually impossible without messing up the front bumper. im assuming the people that were impressed with your ride feel that way only because its a lexus and nothing more.

Last edited by beez43; 05-20-11 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-20-11, 02:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

ICE350, if you don't like VIP style, I'll ask you to not post in this forum in the future - please exit this thread.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum that clearly explains the rules for the VIP forum, suggest reading it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip...his-forum.html
Old 05-20-11, 02:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by beez43
you are a hater..

gtfo and go back to your silly subforum and dont venture into a subforum that you have nothing good to contribute to.
and beez, this is an inappropriate response for our community. In the future if you've got an issue with another member, push the 'report a post' button to let the moderator team review it rather than flaming them and taking a good thread downhill.

The whole 'zombie' attitude is a bit offensive as well... you're imparting the same disdain for people who don't care for your style and modification choices. Pretty much reverse discrimination if you ask me. How about respecting other members and their opinions and styles, even if they're different than you.

This is absolutely the right sub-forum to show off your great build with like-minded members who appreciate it, but doesn't mean other folks won't read it and it's almost baiting for the type of interaction that just happened. Let's take it to PM if you'd like to discuss further.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-20-11 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-20-11, 03:02 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man im loving the evolution of the ride, the new rims are definitely killer! saw your car at hellaflush earlier this year, gota say i love the retrofit headlights too.
Old 05-20-11, 06:02 PM
sticky4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350

Def not hating. I mean isn't the VIP forum for rather stock GS's?

Why is it that people feel the need to post when they have nothing good or constructive to say. Whenever i think something is ugly i move on...

How about from now on every time you post something I reply with "not my cup of tea I'm a business man" haha...

I think this car is ridiculous and I too am an older business man (37). And I'm building a very similar car, to each his own. My last 3 car where Porsches and I bought a car that I wanted to seriously modify and screw with without all the hating...

Either way posts like yours make me laugh, my Porsches were just VW's and this is just a Toyota... The more crazy mods the better...

PS your rather stock looking GS is nice too, I don't hate... Although it isn't my cup of tea, prob cause I'm a business man!
Old 05-20-11, 07:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Sticky4, please exit this thread. You've continued an argument that clearly has been moderated and moved on from.

Other members, let's get back on topic to beez' ride please.
Old 05-20-11, 07:22 PM
beez43
Pole Position

moving on..

rims are the vip modular vx 210... my favorite mesh so far and I hate mesh!!

Quick Reply: gs350 progress thread.. not your standard Club Lexus build..