VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Do u have to be poked out and bagged?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-10, 10:02 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do u have to be poked out and bagged?

I was just wondering i ve seen many versions of "VIP" do you have to be bagged, flush or poking out, with a body kit? Can you still be VIP with an aggressive fittment on coils with no kit and clean car? just wondering.
Old 10-13-10, 10:28 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you can be on coils no kit and clean...

most people think you have to have curtains, tables and a fusa...that's false too.
Old 10-13-10, 12:18 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic

most people think you have to have curtains, tables and a fusa...that's false too.
can't forget about the JP pillows and neck pillows! cannot be VIP without them! just kidding

To me i believe VIP is all about being low and how your fitment is. Of course a clean car is required. If you can make your car look like it high class then i believe its VIP style. but then again i'm not too sure since i dont have any experience on VIP style
Old 10-13-10, 12:57 PM
teamplayer
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

In Japan, most cars are on Coilovers.
Old 10-13-10, 04:17 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Is this close?
Attached Thumbnails Do u have to be poked out and bagged?-dsc00739.jpg   Do u have to be poked out and bagged?-dsc00757.jpg   Do u have to be poked out and bagged?-dsc00738.jpg   Do u have to be poked out and bagged?-dsc00732.jpg  
Old 10-13-10, 04:29 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

believe you got to go a lot lower, basically on the floor..

i think if i was in japan as well i would use coils since they don't have any speed bumps and their roads are almost perfect
Old 10-13-10, 04:33 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc300jz
believe you got to go a lot lower, basically on the floor..

i think if i was in japan as well i would use coils since they don't have any speed bumps and their roads are almost perfect
They must not have any turns either cause if I lower the car I ll damage my fender when I turn the wheel. It doesn t really matter either way I was just curious. I guess you have to be on bags or just drive in straight lines lol!!!
Old 10-13-10, 06:44 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

They have turns, they just learn to drive without having to go full lock on their turns.
I was told their roads are really good as well but was corrected by a couple guys who actually lived in Japan. They pretty much are willing to accept any damage to their cars as the price to pay.
But ya, stance and fitment are priority 1. Everything else is bonus. Also, the car needs to be luxurious. No Cavalier VIP rides.
Old 10-13-10, 07:43 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Is this close?
On a 3rd gen GS with 10.5's in the back, you would need to be in the low 20 offsets to be aggressive.

Some get poke confused and claim it's a style when in actuality, it's functional. Stretching the tire to get poke allows the tire to clear the fender while the wheel goes as close to flush as possible.
Old 10-14-10, 08:44 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

So from what I gather I'm closer to EXE styling? Mark I am actually pretty close to flush without poking out, Im not sure I like the poking out look and currently I have shaved fenders to make my set up not rub. Your definition of aggressive is a little different than mine I have no interest in pulling my fenders even though yours looks great. I have plans on purchasing an older model car and really going hard with it
Old 10-14-10, 09:07 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
So from what I gather I'm closer to EXE styling? Mark I am actually pretty close to flush without poking out, Im not sure I like the poking out look and currently I have shaved fenders to make my set up not rub. Your definition of aggressive is a little different than mine I have no interest in pulling my fenders even though yours looks great. I have plans on purchasing an older model car and really going hard with it

Honestly, I wouldn't worry if you're EXE, VIP, or anything else. If you're happy with your stance and fitment, that's what counts....
Old 10-14-10, 02:36 PM
Platinum-VIP
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flush + Slammed + clean = dope!
Old 10-14-10, 10:42 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic

i laugh at curtains...
Old 10-17-10, 12:28 AM
jgc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think your car looks great but I wouldn't call it vip. I'm not sure why you care if it is labeled "VIP" or not.
Old 10-17-10, 02:16 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrMark
Some get poke confused and claim it's a style when in actuality, it's functional. Stretching the tire to get poke allows the tire to clear the fender while the wheel goes as close to flush as possible.
Cant believe I'm saying this but I agree with Mark

I got a chance to see the car in person and the fitment is definitely on point. I took a little time to look and feel out where the wheels sat in reference to the fenders and its extremely close. Meaning he may can drop 1/4-1/3 of in inch in the front but then u cant turn that much and probably 1/8 of an inch in the rear. I think it sits nice as it is. Pictures definitely dont the car justice.

Its kind of funny cuz I hear alot of ppl making judgements as to what's VIP and what's not. And its all about stance and fitment. Just because your car isnt on the ground dosent mean it dosent have a good fitment and stance. I had someone the other day tell me my car dosent sit low enough fully dumped and I can ride lower. I laughed cuz I sit on my exhaust and if I drive any lower I'd have no exhaust. I guess at the end its all a matter of perspective. I see people like MrMark who know their offsets really well and he orders his wheels to fit as flush as you can possibly get them. Then there's some people who order wheels and make them fit via body and fender work. I can appreciate both. lkapimp216 I think you're on the right path homie. Keep doin you.

-Smitty

Quick Reply: Do u have to be poked out and bagged?