VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

can the ultimate VIPcar be korean ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-10, 04:06 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure the Genesis in long beach belongs to my friend, he was one of the first to get coilovers for the genesis. I think Hyundai has really stepped up their game in a big way. I have ridden in my friends genesis a few times and I'm impressed. They are quiet, feel solid, and when you close the doors all you hear is a solid thud like an LS460.

skperformance, you should test drive one and report back to this thread. Since you have a GS you will be able to see how strong their first attempt in this category is.

As far as the Equus goes, I'm less impressed with it than the Genesis. I sat in one at the LA auto show last year and thought it was not bad but not awesome.

I'm rooting them on, you know why? They will make the big guys work harder like Lexus did in 89, making the whole segment and industry better. Lexus needs to get it's act together in the quality dept, and if it takes the little guy nipping at your heels then so be it.
Old 08-08-10, 12:01 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think they make a nice car now but I truthfully won't sit in one or drive one , never mind be seen in one. I do know what you are saying and while I can't agree as i have no experience in the newer cars I do have friends at Toyota who say it is more than just better than before .

Hell I have never seen a company so ashamed of there own heritage and name that they forget to put it on there flagship car .

I agree with them making Lexus straighten up there act as everyone is making headway in the long term ownership reliability except the ones you expect which is Lexus . They just got lazy . As i said before I won't buy most of the 2000-2010 models wait to see how 2011 turns around but it will take a few years if they even do come back to being great again.
Old 08-08-10, 04:37 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

As rar as the cars not having the h on there, most people get it with the Korean spec badges since they look cooler like Lexus SC v.s. Toyota Soarer badges. Really though you should check it out for yourself. You almost sound like those "UBERCAR" drivers used to when Lexus came out and still do for that matter. At least taste the veggies before you decide you don't like them. LOL!
Old 08-09-10, 01:24 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No that is completely different the soarer has a Griffin badge and Toyota badges.
They left it off completely not giving it a marquee badge like the crown or soarer .

Don't worry I know how I sound , the difference is I would have given them a chance if they had respect but they had none and choose to be negative against the establishment instead of working off there own plate. That is why I have such disdain for them .

I do find it is mainly newer drivers who were still in car seats and not buying cars when hyundai rolled out that find them appealing to drive now . The 40 and over crowd who could afford luxury then and now just seem to laugh at them like a joke for all the same reasons i posted above.
Anyway i could go on but would just be repeating myself which does no one any good but waste everyone's time . If you want one , go right ahead. If you feel it is a luxury car that is your choice . To even ponder them as a VIP car **** already (not directed at anyone). It will never be . Maybe they should try making another brand they can be proud of and it might have a chance. **** Acura's are not considered VIP but they can be styled damn nice to the theme . Oh well guys with stick on chrome vents will always think its the **** and can be done.
Old 08-09-10, 08:36 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

skp you are full of contradictions.....first you say you never seen a company so embarrassed of their branding (of which hyundai never re-branded themselves) then you go on and say you would only consider one if they re-branded themselves.

it seems like you are completely clueless and cannot value things at face value, instead, you need a "brand" for you to decide your identity...but the fact is it doesn't matter what you think, how things play out within the next few years will tell all in terms of hyundai success.

Originally Posted by skperformance
No that is completely different the soarer has a Griffin badge and Toyota badges.
They left it off completely not giving it a marquee badge like the crown or soarer .

Don't worry I know how I sound , the difference is I would have given them a chance if they had respect but they had none and choose to be negative against the establishment instead of working off there own plate. That is why I have such disdain for them .

I do find it is mainly newer drivers who were still in car seats and not buying cars when hyundai rolled out that find them appealing to drive now . The 40 and over crowd who could afford luxury then and now just seem to laugh at them like a joke for all the same reasons i posted above.
Anyway i could go on but would just be repeating myself which does no one any good but waste everyone's time . If you want one , go right ahead. If you feel it is a luxury car that is your choice . To even ponder them as a VIP car **** already (not directed at anyone). It will never be . Maybe they should try making another brand they can be proud of and it might have a chance. **** Acura's are not considered VIP but they can be styled damn nice to the theme . Oh well guys with stick on chrome vents will always think its the **** and can be done.
Old 08-09-10, 09:46 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any chance u can get a pic of that ?

looks like hyundai went to DUB as part of their marketing campaigne, goes to show how much they know about the aftermarket scene.

Originally Posted by j three
I'm pretty sure the Genesis in long beach belongs to my friend, he was one of the first to get coilovers for the genesis. I think Hyundai has really stepped up their game in a big way. I have ridden in my friends genesis a few times and I'm impressed. They are quiet, feel solid, and when you close the doors all you hear is a solid thud like an LS460.

skperformance, you should test drive one and report back to this thread. Since you have a GS you will be able to see how strong their first attempt in this category is.

As far as the Equus goes, I'm less impressed with it than the Genesis. I sat in one at the LA auto show last year and thought it was not bad but not awesome.

I'm rooting them on, you know why? They will make the big guys work harder like Lexus did in 89, making the whole segment and industry better. Lexus needs to get it's act together in the quality dept, and if it takes the little guy nipping at your heels then so be it.
Old 08-12-10, 10:28 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Here are some pics as soon as he got it. http://www.myspace.com/mr2envi/photo...y-cars/1092370 . I don't have any pictures of it after he got the coilovers and new wheels.