VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Easy street auto pilot and switches(switchbox)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-10, 08:36 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Easy street auto pilot and switches(switchbox)

Whats up guys, I was wondering if anyone here kept the switchbox when they installed their Autopilot. Is it possible? I would like to do this. Thanks
Old 05-22-10, 01:08 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Of course you could its just a matter of running bypass lines , but why would you ?
Old 05-23-10, 08:28 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

I dont know, I'm more used to hitting switches It's hard for me to hit either both front up, or or both rear down with the autopilot as you have 2 press 2 buttons. With my old switchbox, it was only 1 button for either. So I'm guessing all I have to do is splice each wire on the autopilot, and tap in the switchbox? I read that was causing people problems...
Also, I bought this thing because of the preset, and that thing is waaaayyy of.
Old 05-23-10, 09:57 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

oh crap :/ dont tell me this controller aint good... lol mines sitting here ready to be installed later down the road :/
Old 05-23-10, 10:56 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like switches too i think ima just stick with a digital guage
Old 05-24-10, 01:03 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

are you talking about manual rocker switches controlling the air lines or a second set of valves going to the air lines. You do not add your own 12 volts and switches to the existing valves of the easystreet set up.
Anyone who had problems with it butchered the system by "modifying it " then looked for someone else to blame because of their lack of installation .
Old 05-24-10, 08:14 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lol i dont get the point of buying a $1000 digital system when youre going to hack it up to use a manual switch box..
Old 05-24-10, 11:02 AM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EN_VY
I dont know, I'm more used to hitting switches It's hard for me to hit either both front up, or or both rear down with the autopilot as you have 2 press 2 buttons. With my old switchbox, it was only 1 button for either. So I'm guessing all I have to do is splice each wire on the autopilot, and tap in the switchbox? I read that was causing people problems...
Also, I bought this thing because of the preset, and that thing is waaaayyy of.
I like the feel of a handheld switchbox when I control the air valves. You can probably just wire both your Easystreet Box and a switchbox in parallel.
Old 05-24-10, 09:03 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vwynn
oh crap :/ dont tell me this controller aint good... lol mines sitting here ready to be installed later down the road :/
I don't know if its good or not. I have never had the preset feature work right. I might set it at 60 in the rear and 72 in the front. When I hit the preset, it gives me all sorts of crazy crap. Maybe 100 in one bag 60 on another, 80 in another.. and so on.. It could be that I'm not using their manifolds.. Im not sure though. The psi reading is off too. I can be completely slammed and raise it to 60 in the rear, 72 front, and it doesn't lift enough. Now, If I raise it all the way up, and then drop it. Its correct.. AGain, maybe because I dont have the manifolds.

Originally Posted by skperformance
are you talking about manual rocker switches controlling the air lines or a second set of valves going to the air lines. You do not add your own 12 volts and switches to the existing valves of the easystreet set up.
Anyone who had problems with it butchered the system by "modifying it " then looked for someone else to blame because of their lack of installation .
I guess that answered was my question. I wanted to add a rocker switch to the existing valves. Tap into them. I guess I can't

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
lol i dont get the point of buying a $1000 digital system when youre going to hack it up to use a manual switch box..
I want to use the easy street auto pilot, and have the freedom to use switches
Originally Posted by rgarjr
I like the feel of a handheld switchbox when I control the air valves. You can probably just wire both your Easystreet Box and a switchbox in parallel.
I also like the feeling of holding the switchbox .. And what is it with easystreet making the psi sensors so close to each other?! You don't have enough room to put the airlines where you want them! I was going to cut them and extend them, but I read it was bad or something
Old 05-25-10, 12:52 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

TO calibrate or get a close reading from all the pezio transducers , hold all 4 button to fill up to the max , check pressures.
Wait until the tank refills to max then press it again and check psi . this will give you an idea of sensors variables. Also if you have water and rust in your tank it will get on your tranducers and cause the psi to be off.

I press both together all the time , I guess I have big hands .

Get a electronics engineer to modify it and they can make one button press both on the board.