VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Where to get Outer barrels for 3pc wheel???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-10, 06:30 PM
DasNutz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get Outer barrels for 3pc wheel???

whats goin on fellas, I just bought some 20" Lsportline wheels (20's 8.5 front and 10 rear) it has a 1.5" lip front and 3.5" lip rear but all 4 curbed so I wanted to just buy some new outer barrels ----2" to 2.5" front and 4" to 4.5" rear, can any one point out some places that sells outer barrels trying not to go to expensive so if any one can point the way I would really appreciate it. I am from central valley so south cali area would be great don't mind the road trip to get them. thanks fellas...
Old 02-26-10, 10:31 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hit up mc3wheels. they are a vendor here
Old 02-26-10, 11:04 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...omponents.html
Old 02-26-10, 08:42 PM
iNS0MNiAC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a shop here in BC tht makes custom wheels and barrels called Kodiak Racing and they are reasonably priced. Here is a link to their website

http://www.kodiakracingwheels.com/shells.html
Old 02-26-10, 10:45 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Talk to Andy at MC3 Wheels, he knows everything. He has rebuilt a few wheels for a few members already, not to mention he is making me a set of wheels.
Old 02-27-10, 02:38 PM
MC3 Wheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by iNS0MNiAC
There's a shop here in BC tht makes custom wheels and barrels called Kodiak Racing and they are reasonably priced. Here is a link to their website

http://www.kodiakracingwheels.com/shells.html
I don't believe Kodiak racing making lips in that size at least according to their website. We have replaced many a Lsportline lip. Hit us up, we'll take care of you.
Old 02-28-10, 10:23 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

uhhh if theyre just curbed get them repaired??? getting new barrels would be an expensive waste of money IMO.
Old 02-28-10, 11:11 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
uhhh if theyre just curbed get them repaired??? getting new barrels would be an expensive waste of money IMO.
Well it also depends on how bad is the damage and how the original barrel is made. Most JDM outer barrels are thin and have a rolled edge making it hallow. So when the wheel repair shop grinds down the damage that it will lose some of its structural integrity. But wheels such as the BBS LM and some Auto Coutures the barrel is a solid chunk of metal making it easier to grind or adding metal to grind and shape.
Old 03-01-10, 03:18 AM
SYNSEI
Driver

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
He's upgrading the sizes of the lips as well...
Old 03-02-10, 12:29 AM
DasNutz
Driver

Originally Posted by SYNSEI
He's upgrading the sizes of the lips as well...
Let me ask you guys something. Do you think it's worth $250 a barrell to add 1/2"? The lip size right now is 2" front and 3.5" rear. Wanted to do a deeper lip but do you guys think it's worth the money? There's a shop I found that will do the lips for $110 each and that's repaired and rechromed. Here's a link to the wheels please check it out and give your opinions please.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-p-again.html
Old 03-02-10, 10:08 AM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

does anyone know of a shop that does this in SoCal???
Old 03-04-10, 07:39 AM
MC3 Wheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DasNutz
Let me ask you guys something. Do you think it's worth $250 a barrell to add 1/2"? The lip size right now is 2" front and 3.5" rear. Wanted to do a deeper lip but do you guys think it's worth the money? There's a shop I found that will do the lips for $110 each and that's repaired and rechromed. Here's a link to the wheels please check it out and give your opinions please.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-p-again.html
Wow, were those things being driven on Off road or something?
Old 03-06-10, 12:03 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

kodiak does not do street wheels they make custom race wheels which crossover to smaller sized road applications.
Still trying to find a custom barrel maker for 2 piece wheels never mind 3's .

The price is up to you if you think you can afford the lip and the car can fit it without clearance issues. How good a job it will be is a different question for the price.
Old 03-09-10, 10:56 AM
DasNutz
Driver

Well fellas guess what started to take the wheels apart to get goin on it and just found out that the inner and outer barrells were welded together and was covered with silicone so now this wheel is a two piece. I have a question now can the barrells be split by cutting the weld off or should I just get the lips repaired and just redipped in chrome? I took them to a tire shop and had them put it on the balancer before disassembling and the spin good no wabbles. What do you guys think.
Old 03-09-10, 01:07 PM
MC3 Wheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DasNutz
Well fellas guess what started to take the wheels apart to get goin on it and just found out that the inner and outer barrells were welded together and was covered with silicone so now this wheel is a two piece. I have a question now can the barrells be split by cutting the weld off or should I just get the lips repaired and just redipped in chrome? I took them to a tire shop and had them put it on the balancer before disassembling and the spin good no wabbles. What do you guys think.
Depends on your budget really. Those must be older Wheels cuz Ive worked on those before and they weren't welded together

Quick Reply: Where to get Outer barrels for 3pc wheel???