VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Where to get Outer barrels for 3pc wheel???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 04:41 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DasNutz
Well fellas guess what started to take the wheels apart to get goin on it and just found out that the inner and outer barrells were welded together and was covered with silicone so now this wheel is a two piece. I have a question now can the barrells be split by cutting the weld off or should I just get the lips repaired and just redipped in chrome? I took them to a tire shop and had them put it on the balancer before disassembling and the spin good no wabbles. What do you guys think.
Status Auto Design in Torrance, has done them before, they can get them split and rewelded...Because I saw a guy that needed them done for his older SSR's, while I was getting new tires again, and crying over my week old T1's bubbling on me ...But I think if you need new lips air freighted from JDM land it'll be a pretty penny, to ship by sea its less but it'll take longer.
Old 03-10-10, 12:15 PM
DasNutz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Status Auto Design in Torrance, has done them before, they can get them split and rewelded...Because I saw a guy that needed them done for his older SSR's, while I was getting new tires again, and crying over my week old T1's bubbling on me ...But I think if you need new lips air freighted from JDM land it'll be a pretty penny, to ship by sea its less but it'll take longer.
well I spoke with a shop down south that can repair and rechrome, the only reason I asked about if they can split them was to add a bigger lip but I think I will just repair and rechrome these. They have good size lips already I guess I was just wanting more but for $1000 plus dollars just to add 1/2" lip is kinda to much so I will just get them repaired and rechromed, there is nothing wrong with the weld I was just like WTF because it was supposedly a three piece, well it is but just welded together, so its all good. I will keep you guys updated with pics soon..