VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

air suspension uas vs ksport..virgin air suspension guy..come pop my cherry LOL

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-09, 12:27 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default air suspension uas vs ksport..virgin air suspension guy..come pop my cherry LOL

UAS VS KSPORT air suspension what are pros and cons of both setup

i am really intrested in going bags for my GS350...i been to both website

ksport pro kit seems to be the most complete
http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/air_sus...roduct_id=as02

uas i would need to purchase shocks/coilovers of my choice
https://www.universalairsuspension.c...roducts_id=226

ksport uses 2x 380c viair compressors

UAS uses 2x 480c viair compressors

whats the diffrence between both compressor besides price

i also have some questions

1. are the compressor on all the time to keep the car at your set level?
2.if a compressor fails will that one side drop to the ground?
3. are these compressor noisey { do they sound like my air compressor in my garage **?
4. i have a set of 20's on my car that barely clears my rolled fenders will this be a problem and will i need new rims?
5. i been reading it takes about 3 1/2 minutes to refill a tank how many rimes would i be able to flip my switches like a { mexican ] before my car drops on its ***? does it refill automaticlly so this doesnt happen?
6. can i pre set psi per corner so when i drop it , it wont shatter my wald kit?
7. can i align my car properly? do i pre set a height i would drive on and then align or do i align to factory height first?
8. which kit is best worth the money ksport pro or UAS?
9. does anyone want to buy my eibach prokit i dont think ill be needing it anymore?..LOL
Old 11-21-09, 01:30 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up My personal answers...

UAS VS KSPORT air suspension what are pros and cons of both setup

i am really intrested in going bags for my GS350...i been to both website

ksport pro kit seems to be the most complete
http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/air_sus...roduct_id=as02

uas i would need to purchase shocks/coilovers of my choice
https://www.universalairsuspension.c...roducts_id=226

ksport uses 2x 380c viair compressors

UAS uses 2x 480c viair compressors

whats the diffrence between both compressor besides price

i also have some questions

1. are the compressor on all the time to keep the car at your set level?
No, compressors are activated by a pressure sensor switch connected by on the air tank.

2.if a compressor fails will that one side drop to the ground?
No, because the air is held by electric or manual valves.

3. are these compressor noisey { do they sound like my air compressor in my garage **?Yes, they are noisy but not as loud as your garage air compressor. You can minimize the noise by installing sound deadener mats.

4. i have a set of 20's on my car that barely clears my rolled fenders will this be a problem and will i need new rims?No, it will not be a problem. One of the purpose of air suspension is to adjust height of the car to clear certain obstacles.

5. i been reading it takes about 3 1/2 minutes to refill a tank how many rimes would i be able to flip my switches like a { mexican ] before my car drops on its ***?The speed of air refill will depends on how large the volume of the tank and compressor size. does it refill automaticlly so this doesnt happen?It does refill automatically because of the pressure sensor switch.

6. can i pre set psi per corner so when i drop it , it wont shatter my wald kit?
Yes, you can but you need a different air controller for that. Both kits you mentioned does not come with the function that you would like.

7. can i align my car properly?Yes. do i pre set a height i would drive on and then align or do i align to factory height first?Yes. But just think about your question first. Why would you do an alignment at factory height if that is not your regular drive height? If you are too low, alignment shops will refuse to align your car.

8. which kit is best worth the money ksport pro or UAS? Both kits are good but if you want the BESTEST PRICE IN THE WORLD go with RidesLow's Ksport PRO he is a vendor here and mention my name for the LOWEST PRICE EVER!
Old 11-21-09, 08:24 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

i am actually going with this setup it might cost more but i rather pay more now then to pay more to fix everything again//and what i am looking for is the accuair level system

TEIN CS GEN2
ACCUAIR { air suspension **
http://www.accuaircs.com/product_amp-2.html
UAS { bags only** aero sport 9"
https://www.universalairsuspension.c...products_id=29
also going to need the UAS bracket for the GS350

i wonder if the tein EDFC will work with backs on ?
Old 11-21-09, 11:55 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

It should still work because EDFC controls the dampening.

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx

i wonder if the tein EDFC will work with backs on ?
Old 11-22-09, 01:24 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

yeah i wasnt sure if the air bag will block the top of the shock..but i been searching and it will work
Old 11-22-09, 10:15 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i have Ksport right now and i can saw its complete plug n play. Install took me 3 days to do it myself however if i could do it again i think i can finish the install in a day in a half.. given i dont slack off n wonder around or stare at my car haha. the struts have 36 way dampening and it rides pretty stiff when you want it.. also you can adjust the strut body to make the car lower while keeping the PSI higher... comes with wireless remote n yea... the only downside is that it only controls from and rear. but that can be fixed later when u decide to upgrade.

Old 11-22-09, 02:03 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im no expert on suspension whatsover, however I have had lots of different setups, and to be honest, because I have always rode as low as possible, I have never noticed a difference between companies; and that is that when you go with almost no rebound you have almost no dampening at all. Ksports to me feel like the Tein Flexs that I had on my Supra and my TSX. No difference. What I was told at UAS is that if you are going to be cruising for the majority of the time, your wasting your time on adjustable struts, the only way you might feel a difference in the ride is during hard cornering. They said because the air bags are doing all the work, being pressurized that your car feels even better than having a full blown coilover setup. In short, save your money and use your factory struts. You wont be able to tell the difference, unless your michael schumacher or something. Not to mention, I think you get more upward travel on a stock strut for more clearance. Im gonna be ridin' high on the freeway! My .02.
Old 11-22-09, 04:22 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

intresting use my factory struts...anyone on here suing there factory struts..i always assume using your factory struts on lowering springs or lowering in general the shocks will blow faster since they are not built for the extra load and less rebound travel..
Old 11-22-09, 05:08 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Factory struts are good as long as you don't drive low. Factory struts are not meant for anything lower than 2 inches of drop.

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
intresting use my factory struts...anyone on here suing there factory struts..i always assume using your factory struts on lowering springs or lowering in general the shocks will blow faster since they are not built for the extra load and less rebound travel..
Old 11-30-09, 08:15 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think most cars on air that have nice paint and body kits, etc...that have air; tend to ride as conservative on the street as possible so they dont damage anything. Being grounded is usually reserved for the parking lot. If you keep your car reasonably low to stock height, I wouldnt see what the difference would be on the struts.
Old 11-30-09, 08:33 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't drive with air dumped on stock shocks, they will blow. LOL. Ask me how I know.
Old 12-01-09, 12:18 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

i just order a set of tein CS ..i am going to use those with the UAS setup
Old 12-01-09, 07:08 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally don't like the K-Sport kit at all. The fittings that come with the kit is terrible. UAS or AR hands down. If you have the money do AR, period.
Old 12-01-09, 09:39 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

yea thats the problem with most kits. i prefer piecing together kits so i can buy everything i like from the fitting to the valves to the lines etc...

if thats all thats wrong with the ksport kit i would just change out the fittings. are the fittings for the ksport plastic?
Old 12-01-09, 10:02 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're not PTC so it has a good chance of popping out.

Quick Reply: air suspension uas vs ksport..virgin air suspension guy..come pop my cherry LOL