VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Vip air runner questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 08:45 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vip air runner questions

HI

I drive a lexus Gs (2nd gen.), would you recommend air runner, or universal air...

Can you tell me what I should go with in terms of setup, like loudness (I do not want to hear the sound) ?

Also with ride quality... bags or sleeves the best ride quality possible but can also handle speeds of
120 km/h ?

What would have the least amount of maintenance bags, or sleeves ?

Any other info. would also be really appreciated

But thanks really really appreciate it

would you happen to know any body shops in Ottawa that would be able to install the air ride

thanks again
Old 02-05-09, 10:52 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have airrunner and love it. The ride is great, not too stiff and not too loose. The best of both worlds. UAS is not as expensive as airrunner though
Old 02-05-09, 11:44 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Wow Rich I had no idea your car was on Airrunner...
Old 02-05-09, 12:18 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I haven't taken pics yet because my bumper is still messed up, just waiting for a slot to open up at the bodyshop.

As far as ride quality bags are the way to go. Good luck with whatever one you decide to go with. It will be hard to wipe the smile off your face
Old 02-05-09, 05:07 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

thanks i'll definately be going with Air Runner, the money you put in is what you will get.

Any info. on the optional parts like pressure based sensors, air management etc...
Old 02-05-09, 07:59 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

The money that you will spend on UAS and coilovers. You might as well spend the extra to get AirRunners that are direct bolt on and comes with everything you need. So when you get it, it can be installed
Old 02-05-09, 09:25 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

airrunner in mine. not one problem since they were installed 3 years ago
Old 02-05-09, 10:41 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

the two things that i dont like about Air Runner is that the base model is exspensive and it comes with manual valves.with that price,i would've figure it come with electric ones.
Old 02-06-09, 07:01 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Air runner is bolt on but the tank ,controller and pump are basic and cheap.
They make the best struts but you need to spend atleast 1500 to get a total perfect KIT .
Since you have no local installers in Ottawa i would pick air runner for ease of install alone.

I have never driven in either air runner or UAS but uas needs more work to select teh right parts .

Noise is easy to over come by adding mufflers as it only pssshs when dropped , other wise it is queit. Problem is adding mufflers will cause water to build up in the lines and valve because of the reduction in velocity from the mufflers. You live in Canada , like me this caused my lines to freeze the first winter . I drain my trap once a week and this year i am perfect as i daily my car and no longer have the mufflers.

Bags use more air to fill than sleeves , I find sleeves to be stiffer but i have my streched at 120 pounds for my rear shocks. My front is at 80 and are bags.

First can you afford the space in your trunk ?
THen figure out a budget. Are you able to install things yourself Turn wrenches or able to weld.
Minimum is 2500 for parts plus $500-1000 for install unless you do it yourself.
Do you want to park low (lay frame ), drive low , bounce , have it go really high? This will establish the parts you will need.
Old 02-06-09, 07:32 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VIPtint
airrunner in mine. not one problem since they were installed 3 years ago
hey VIP, how is AirRunners when you ride dumped? When I say dumped I mean fender almost to lip. Dumped.
Old 02-06-09, 09:22 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by skperformance
Air runner is bolt on but the tank ,controller and pump are basic and cheap.
They make the best struts but you need to spend atleast 1500 to get a total perfect KIT .
Since you have no local installers in Ottawa i would pick air runner for ease of install alone.

I have never driven in either air runner or UAS but uas needs more work to select teh right parts .

Noise is easy to over come by adding mufflers as it only pssshs when dropped , other wise it is queit. Problem is adding mufflers will cause water to build up in the lines and valve because of the reduction in velocity from the mufflers. You live in Canada , like me this caused my lines to freeze the first winter . I drain my trap once a week and this year i am perfect as i daily my car and no longer have the mufflers.

Bags use more air to fill than sleeves , I find sleeves to be stiffer but i have my streched at 120 pounds for my rear shocks. My front is at 80 and are bags.

First can you afford the space in your trunk ?
THen figure out a budget. Are you able to install things yourself Turn wrenches or able to weld.
Minimum is 2500 for parts plus $500-1000 for install unless you do it yourself.
Do you want to park low (lay frame ), drive low , bounce , have it go really high? This will establish the parts you will need.
thanks for the info. These are some answers to the questions...

Yes, I can afford the trunk space, the air runner will be installed at a body shop.

I will park low, but sometimes drive low also but rarely. I would also like it to go really high. What do you mean by bounce ? (ride quality )

I thought the basic kit for the Lexus Gs was $4600 give or take depending on the vendors ?

I will most probably be spending close to $6000 on the Air runner kit.

Also in winter what must I do to keep the lines from freezing ?

thanks again
Old 02-07-09, 05:32 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX

Also in winter what must I do to keep the lines from freezing ?
They should install a water trap somewhere, mine is just behind my rear bumper, so you just open that valve and let whatever water is trapped in there out, so it doesnt freeze. I do mine once a week as well but just to get rid of the excess water, not because its going to freeze here in FL
Old 02-07-09, 06:51 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
They should install a water trap somewhere, mine is just behind my rear bumper, so you just open that valve and let whatever water is trapped in there out, so it doesnt freeze. I do mine once a week as well but just to get rid of the excess water, not because its going to freeze here in FL
alright thanks...

What is the water build up dependent on ?
Old 02-07-09, 08:50 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

its basically condensation
Old 02-07-09, 12:07 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I have UAS/coils and I think it rides awesome! Pretty much like springs but a bit better due to the fact that I can adjust dampening.

Quick Reply: Vip air runner questions